• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom blocking opiates?

thurston

Bluelighter
I quit using pain pills in June, about 9 months ago and haven't taken any pills since. I do take kratom daily to get rid of PAWS and don't feel any WD symptoms in the morning before taking kratom like I would when I was taking pills. Last night I snorted a 30MG MS Contin and IV'd 1 MG of diladid and felt no effects. Is this because kratom has my tolerance high or does it block other opiates. I was very surprised that the IV had no effect even though it was a low dose.

it shouldnt do either. i have been on kratom a long time and i used to take dope/dilly vacations on a regular bases and never had any problems getting high didnt even have to wait for the kratom to wear off before doing the dope.

hey burn out, empty out your PM box, I tried sending you a question in regards to replacing subs with kratom, sorry to derail the thread. I have heard that kratom does have a higher binding affinity than morphine, I'll try to pull up it's binding affinity information

EDIT// Here it is:

MG has been reported to have activity (Takayama et al.2002) in the classical electrically stimulated guinea pig ileum isolated tissue preparation (kosterlitz and Robinson 1957). Both MG and 7-OH-MG displayed nearly the same intrinsic activity as morphine. MG was about one-fourth as potent as morphine sand 7-OH-MG was about 10-fold more potent than morphine (Kitajima et al.2006)

source

Last edited:
Sorry about that, I cleared up some room.

As for higher binding affinity than morphine I've read that before too and I would not recommend taking strong doses of kratom and opiates simultaenously (makes me feel sick and out of it) but if you simply wait 5 or 6 hours the kratom should be worn off and allow the opiate to work. its not like sub with a 36 hr half life.

Ive noticed that, after being on kratom for a long time if I switch to a mild opiate like norco for a few days i notice withdrawal from the kratom. i dont have any of the typical opiate wd symptoms like runny nose, hot cold flashes, stomach issues, etc but something just feels off to me, which makes sense i think because kratom has other actives in it and is simply a very different opioid compared with hydrocodone.