• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom as study aid

polaroid

Bluelighter
I'm currently looking for a good study aid. I have tried many things in the last time: Methylphenidate, Dexmethylphenidate, Dextroamphetamine, 2-FA and 2-FMA. Sure, it helps, but the problem is, all this things makes me horny as hell. I really hate this side effect.

I've read many times about Kratom being a good aid for learning, do you have any experiences with this? Is it only good for concentration or does it also helps with motivation? I've always had a low sex drive on opioids so I think this is worth a try. It would be not my first time with Kratom, i've tried it already, but this is a long time ago and i do not remember if it was useful for such things.

Last edited:
I'd say it helps with motivation and concentration... sometimes

Its a pain in the ass finding out the right dose... do a tiny bit too much or too little and you'll feel groggy, weak and like shit

I even thought I FINALLY found the right dose for me, 2 teaspoons of powdered Bali.. worked great the past 2 weeks at work I'd take at least a 1and day sometimes 2Its day break in-between and when I took it was energized, alert and felt great... but then yesterday it made me feel kind of crappy

So it has potential but Is unpredictable.. so studying I wouldn't suggest it because lets say you have a big test the next day.. yea it could help a lot but on the chance it doesn't its not worth bombing your test cuz you felt too shitty to study

Kratom does make you horny as well, due to the stimulant effects, but not as relentlessly so as amphetamine.

A lot of people use it as a study aid, as both opioids and stimulants are great for concentration and focus, especially with those with ADD. I used to use that and tramadol for this purpose and for pain relief before I used d-amp for studying.

Generally, stick to 2-3 g per dose, every 6-8 hours IMO. Better yet, just take one 3.5-4g dose in the beginning of studying so you don't get addicted to opioids by redosing. Once daily administration is best with opioids; this keeps the tolerance and dependence beasts somewhat at bay. I've used Kratom up to 3 times in 14 hours during studying for finals, it loses effectiveness very quickly. I've stuck with once daily dosing since the start, except a handful of times during finals time.

Kratom is probably one of the best natural study aids out there. I agree, it takes a little bit of effort to find your right dose. Here is a great article for you to check out to read up on finding how much kratom to take. I would agree that it is better to figure out how much your body requires for its specific effects before you need to study under the gun.

With Kratom, it is easy to build up a tolerance by taking it every day. Most users recommend limiting kratom use to 2-3 times a week intermittently. Jones-in_J if you were taking the same does everyday for 2 weeks, I bet what made you feel crappy was the side effects or withdrawal symptom's from overuse and not boosting your dosage. Like any drug, kratom should be taken with moderation.

There is a great article on the internet about using kratom as a study aid. I recommend reading this guide before you decide to use kratom to boost your studying. This guide is exactly how I use kratom and its worked well for me on several occasions over the last year.

It can be helpful sometimes (though I generally keep my use for after I'm done working/doing school), though it's a fine line between a useful amount and an overly euphoric and distracting amount.

Id never use kratom to help me study although I can sort of understand why some would thin it helps them..it increases motivation

Use a white strain

Absolutely, Stay with a White Vein color strain, although I have successfully used a Maeng Da Kratom as well.

Using Kratom to help you study is not for everyone. Still I think it is a way better alternative to Adderall.

Yeah I'd recommend the white strains as well, about 2g works well for me. I used it several times during uni finals to take breaks from doing adderall/ritalin too many days in a row.