• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom- are these symptoms withdrawal or something else?

deruyityn

Bluelighter
Ive had this about 4 or 5 times now and it lingers for alot longer then what ppl say withdrawal lasts. This time its been about 3 weeks and its clearing now on the third.

The issue is after my kratom dose is wearing off my nostrils and sinuses suddenly sting. Since its happenied a few times I then know what is coming. I get tons of mucous blocking my sinuses and this time my ear even blocked up for over a week giving me even stronger tinnitus than usual in the left side.

Thing is this has happened before even when Ive taken a break from kratom so I dont think its withdrawal.

Im thinking it is sinus infections. But its definitely from the kraotm since like i said Ive had it like 4 or 5 times and always after the kratom.

But it doesnt happen often it will be a few months no probs then out of the blue happens again.

Crazy as it seems it sounds like u might be allergic to kratom, I'm sure it happens and someone's got be allergic to it, maybe ur that unlucky person...

I've noticed that with kratom, unlike other 'regular' full opiods, when withdrawal starts one of the first symptoms for me is nasal congestion. With regular opiods (oxycodone, dope, etc) after the yawns and restlessness my nose starts running like a sieve.

When I was using just kratom for awhile, I actually noticed that when I'd start withdrawing and my sinuses would start congesting, as soon as I'd dose with my kratom my sinuses would open up for about 5 minutes, my nose would run bad for that short period and then my sinuses would be good.

I'm guessing in your case you have some underlying sinus issues that the kratom use is exacerbating.

In general, I think that if you're going to have an 'opiod' habit, kratom is by far the safest if you can stick to it - but in your case, I'd stop.

Well I dont get it all the time and so I doubt its an allergy. I also get alot of benefits from kratom so no need to stop. ALtho it is dimishing returns when I take it every few days. So Id be happy to take less but still looking for another substance which doesnt hit those receptors I could swap between.

I am allergic to dust and my nose always has some drip so I suppose its to do with that. When I dont sleep I also have allergy reactions worse and probably stress and kratom will make me vulnerable to another 'bout' of the old super slime yellow phlegm.

I usually really hate side effects from drugs but other than this sporadic one I don't get anything noteworthy so overall I think I get on really well with it.

have you tried switching out strains? That is what I do and it tends to keep your diminishing returns in check./