• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Kratom Affecting Heroin High?

Stotched

Bluelighter
Hey all. I was a junkie for 6 years. I had gotten put on suboxone for another 3, and tapered myself down to .25 mg per day. I was then able to jump off relatively painlessly with kratom. So for the past 3 years, I have been taking kratom daily. I usually take 10 grams in a dose, and I dose every 4 hours. If I'm asleep, I'll wake up 4 hours after my last dose on the dot, and have to take more before I go to sleep.

Recently I bought some oxycodone, and got pretty high on it, and this triggered a relapse back to dope. I have been shooting up about 4 bags per day for the past week.

I do notice that I don't get sick as long as I take my kratom, but I still crave that rush, so I just use every day after work, so I guess kratom is a godsend for not getting sick.

However, I do notice that I'm not getting as high as I should off the dope, and I believe kratom is to blame. I know it's decent dope, as my girlfriend only needs 1 or 2 bags of this stuff to get high, and her tolerance is massive, as shes been shooting up daily for 8 years now.

I've only been shooting up for a week now, and usually 3 bags after work, and 1 more before bed when I start to not feel as high. I read that kratom has opioid antagonists in it, and I feel like its affecting the dope. I barely get any rush, and I have yet to nod off it, unless I smoke weed with it to potentiate. I definitely get a small rush, and get high for maybe 2 hours, but it's nothing like how I remember it being, and I feel like my tolerance should be extremely low.

Maybe its also possible that kratom has somehow raised my opioid tolerance to the point where dope isn't even getting me high?

What are your ideas? I don't want to waste more money on this stuff than i need to, and after abstaining from all but kratom for 3 years now, I feel like I should be getting a nod off just one bag!

Kratom doesn't have effective doses of opioid antagonists. As evidenced by the fact that it removes dope sickness and doesn't put you into precipitated w/d.

Maybe its also possible that kratom has somehow raised my opioid tolerance to the point where dope isn't even getting me high?

Somewhat. If I were a betting man I would say it's the heroin causing your opioid tolerance to rise and not the kratom. 4 bags a day is considerably more opioid than 10gm of kratom. It's important to remember that everyone is different when it comes to how quickly they build opioid tolerance.

In my experience, the best rush comes from being either sober or in withdrawal. If you're already on a base of opiates in your system, the rush really wont be felt that much. I always got my best rushes when i was sick. So i don't think it's an antagonist thing, more of the intensity of the psychological shift that takes place.

Kratom has probably given you an opioid tolerance is all. I've read that it contains antagonists but methinks it wouldn't be so popular if it did :)

In my experience, the best rush comes from being either sober or in withdrawal. If you're already on a base of opiates in your system, the rush really wont be felt that much. I always got my best rushes when i was sick. So i don't think it's an antagonist thing, more of the intensity of the psychological shift that takes place.

I think it's this as well. Everything's relative.

i notice when i take kratom before any sort of other opiate it greatly reduces the high. other way around too. i know this thread is old but i don't want to make a new one on the same exact topic.

i haven't done dope in years and i had to do almost a quarter g of good dope to get an ok high. other people were nodding like crazy who do it all the time. Kratom definitely messes with the opiate high. I have a love/hate relationship with it. I love how it lets me be functional during withdrawal but I hate how it effects my highs.

I also agree. I use opana IV daily, but only get a rush from my first shot unless I was up all night shooting. I do get little rushs after going out or being active vs. resting in bed in between shots. Redosing and higher doses don't add effect at all really imo? It is an unusual opiate.