• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kratom: Abrupt loss of effects

truenamebrand

Bluelighter
Okay, so I discovered kratom about a year ago and since then have used it on average about five times per week. Almost always maeng da or Bali (I prefer the latter). I am formerly opiate-dependent, though it has been about ten years. My usual dose has always been 7 or 8 grams and this has always been tremendous, damn near as euphoric as oxycodone. I have ordered from online vendors but typically buy a few different brands from smoke shops (<snip>being one) and have found them very effective.

Over the past year or so, I have never developed any tolerance to speak of, nor have I ever experienced withdrawal when going a few days without. Kratom has seemed like a miracle plant for me. Now, all of a sudden, out of nowhere, the effects I have enjoyed all this time have almost disappeared. Even upping my dose to 10 or 12 grams has not made a difference. I also rarely dose more than once in a day, but when I have, the effects are almost as strong as the first dose as long as I wait 7-8 hours before re-dosing.

This was not a gradual tolerance build-up or anything like that; it seemed to have happened overnight. I guess my question is, what could have changed for this to happen? And is there a way to bring back the incredible benefits I have always gotten from it?

I just placed a decent sized order of Bali capsules (I am unable to tolerate toss and wash, and I don't have the patience to cap myself) from a vendor whose reviews seem overwhelmingly positive, and it will be arriving tomorrow. Is it simply a case of needing to completely change up the brands and/or strains? Have I just gotten bad stuff recently? Would an extended break from any use at all fix this problem?

Any and all input is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
The awareness of tolerance can happen over night.. or you're getting bad batches, but there's no way for us to know that for sure.. Try taking a week or two tolerance break.

Maybe your just getting used to the effects. If you take the same rollercoaster five times a week eventually the same highs won't seem all that interesting.