• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Knocking yourself out.

mabzie55

Bluelighter
I have really terrible insomnia and it is near impossible for me to fall asleep.

I use the following method:

I am on bupe, so I take that during the day and a small dosage before bed (not too much or it keeps me up).
Then I take diphenhydramine if I have it, plus chamomile, passion flower, and lemon balm leaf extracts.

Then I throw in four grams of snus (oddly nicotine helps me sleep) and speedwalk around my house smoking cigarettes.
I do this until I'm completely out of breath, and then keep going.

I get close to vomiting, and then chug a large glass of water as I'm usually very thirsty. This sometimes makes the nausea worse.

Anyway after that I get everything ready so I can just hop into bed, then smoke some more until I will literally puke with one more hit (sucks when I miss the mark lol, but I've gotten pretty good at it), then throw in fresh snus and go to my room.
I feel so nauseous and winded that I just go to my bed and practically collapse and fall asleep.
I realize this sounds absurd but short of being up for 48 hours this is the only way I can fall asleep.
I require certain thoughts to sleep, and this state gets me there-- otherwise I'm uncomfortable in bed or I'm thinking about what I must do tomorrow and don't sleep.
Even though technically I feel shitty being winded and nauseous, it's actually really comfortable to be so exhausted I guess.

Anyway, does any one else do this?
I can't imagine it is healthy, so if you have done this, have you found a better way to sleep? (And benzos do not help me sleep at all, I have trazadone but that doesn't help much either although more than the benzos)

Anyway if anyone who's had this experience has found a better way to get this effect please let me know.

Tips?
Thoughts?

I'm on bupe and trazodone. All i could say is drink sleepy time tea (suped up chamomile tea with extra sedatives herbs), take valerian, l-theanine, maybe melatonin?

Yeah I do plenty of physical activity.
I take care of a lot of dogs including pups so I walk/jog like at least 6km per day.
Wished that worked so I didn't have to do the above.

I used to have mad insomnia and went through a plethora of meds for sleeping (antipsychotics, almost every hypnotic benzo, antidepressants that make you drowsy, chloral hydrate and even iv midazolam) and I found that 1000-1500mg of chloral hydrate works best and for the longest amount of time.

I would speak to your doctor. There are many non-habit forming medications that can really help with sleep. And doing what you're doing can't be good for you and it sounds like a hassle.

What about melatonin? It made me quite sleepy when I tried it but bear in mind that I don't have sleep problems.

I want to add that I sometimes take L-theanine and melatonin. It helps, as with everything else, but I still have to do this bit to fall asleep.