• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Klonopin worries

Lowpiz

Greenlighter
I took Klonopin 3 days in a row and felt ok 3 days off now I need to take for work tomorrow am at risk for tolerance and addiction?

Yes and yes but more by the nature of the drug (it seems to me you aren't very experienced so it wouldn't yet be because of your nature) but not because of what you already did. But be careful. Those 3 days in a row quickly become 7 then 365.

Yes and yes but more by the nature of the drug (it seems to me you aren't very experienced so it wouldn't yet be because of your nature) but not because of what you already did. But be careful. Those 3 days in a row quickly become 7 then 365.
Tell me about it, I've been on klonopin for about two years now.

Tell me about it, I've been on klonopin for about two years now.
I thankfully am not a big fan of benzos. I've tried nearly all of them (available in America at least) from the common like Valium and Xanax to the almost unheard of like Quazepam. I actually do rather enjoy Triazolam tbh. But I get their appeal both pharmacologically and these days, culturally. And I don't even mean the reasons behind why the whole world is anxious and can't sleep but rather how benzos, specifically Xanax has become kinda a drug du jour in the music industry and such.

Depends. You aren't there yet but you will become dependent if you keep using them. I Would definitely only take them as needed.... when you are in a total panic.
It is easy to convince yourself you need them everyday ( DAMN IT spilled the milk .... can't handle this....need pills ) so be careful. That you are even asking the question is a good sign.

Depends. You aren't there yet but you will become dependent if you keep using them. I Would definitely only take them as needed.... when you are in a total panic.
It is easy to convince yourself you need them everyday ( DAMN IT spilled the milk .... can't handle this....need pills ) so be careful. That you are even asking the question is a good sign.
Exactly.

more explicitly - don't take more than 2 days a week, tops. and take a full week off now and then (once every 4 or 5 weeks). Shorter acting benzos you can maybe get away with 3 times a week but if you dosed clonazepam 3 times a week with its long half life dependency would likely become an issue after months of use imo.
That’s what’s happened to me, I started taking it everyday, my nerves were so bad because of my job, I was puking.

All I can say, is that some drugs are more devastating in the short-term, while others have a more insidious, slow-to-catch-on set of consequences.

Benzodiazepines are kind of notorious for being quite subtle in their perceived effects. At first, you're really not going to notice anything really out of the ordinary. If you continue taking them, you can expect to develop a tolerance and dependence and they are a true bitch to withdraw from. I believe that it sneaks up on a lot of people.

You have the right idea in taking breaks in between your usage. 3 days on and 1 day off is still likely to produce tolerance over time, so I would really try to space out your usage more. Benzodiazepines, like Opioids, are really miracle medicine for so many conditions. The problem is that they have to be used with great care and mindfulness otherwise you will end up with a dependence and all of your original symptoms.

I would really advise taking them only when you really need them. Don't be frivolous, be strategic. I'm not saying you're being totally irresponsible, but if you want to continue to get positive benefit from the Benzodiazepines, make sure you respect them and respect yourself. Benzodiazepines can eliminate anxiety, get people with agoraphobia out of the house, stop seizures. They're great, but if you don't respect them they will bite you in the ass.

I would really recommend using them either at a lower dosage say, .5mg twice daily or use the higher dosages purely as a PRN when your anxiety is out of control.

All I can say, is that some drugs are more devastating in the short-term, while others have a more insidious, slow-to-catch-on set of consequences.

Benzodiazepines are kind of notorious for being quite subtle in their perceived effects. At first, you're really not going to notice anything really out of the ordinary. If you continue taking them, you can expect to develop a tolerance and dependence and they are a true bitch to withdraw from. I believe that it sneaks up on a lot of people.

You have the right idea in taking breaks in between your usage. 3 days on and 1 day off is still likely to produce tolerance over time, so I would really try to space out your usage more. Benzodiazepines, like Opioids, are really miracle medicine for so many conditions. The problem is that they have to be used with great care and mindfulness otherwise you will end up with a dependence and all of your original symptoms.

I would really advise taking them only when you really need them. Don't be frivolous, be strategic. I'm not saying you're being totally irresponsible, but if you want to continue to get positive benefit from the Benzodiazepines, make sure you respect them and respect yourself. Benzodiazepines can eliminate anxiety, get people with agoraphobia out of the house, stop seizures. They're great, but if you don't respect them they will bite you in the ass.

I would really recommend using them either at a lower dosage say, .5mg twice daily or use the higher dosages purely as a PRN when your anxiety is out of control.
Thank you so much! That makes a lot of sense it has helped me a lot when my anxiety gets so intense and overwhelming that I can’t sleep so it helps me to reset so that I can get back up and use other ways to deal with my anxiety like exercise, healthy eating, supplements, CBT, and spirituality. I was actually off of Klonopin for more than two years until this resent episode knocked me down and I took it to help me sleep. So I’m trying to be strategic. After my initial does of about .75 mg I was off 6 days I was like I’m good then I was like I really need to work tomorrow can’t miss I didn’t get good nights sleep day before and I forgot how well Klonopin worked so i was it maybe it Can level me off a little more so i took it for 3 nights in a row .75 two nights and .50 one. Off 3 days then took .50mg that was two nights ago, trying not to use unless I really need to.

more explicitly - don't take more than 2 days a week, tops. and take a full week off now and then (once every 4 or 5 weeks). Shorter acting benzos you can maybe get away with 3 times a week but if you dosed clonazepam 3 times a week with its long half life dependency would likely become an issue after months of use imo.
Thank you. That helps Im not so worried now. I was actually off of Klonopin for more than two years until this resent episode knocked me down and I took it to help me sleep. It’s been two weeks my initial does was about .75 mg I was off 6 days I was like I’m good then I was like I really need to work tomorrow can’t miss I didn’t get good nights sleep day before and I forgot how well Klonopin worked so i was like maybe it Can level me off a little more so i took it for 3 nights in a row .75 two nights and .50 one. Off 3 days then took .50mg that was two nights ago, trying not to use unless I really need to.

Thank you.

Thank you.