• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Klonopin withdrawal?

TheBigLebroski

Greenlighter
My dog have been taking klonopin as needed for anxiety about every other day for the past two years. Tolerance or addiction was never a problem for my dog until recently. He has been taking 2-3mg Klonopin daily for a few weeks and not his script is running out. He has tapered down to .25mg/day and wants to know if there is any withdrawal to be expected. My dog's anxiety is so severe that even the vet was shocked, so benzo withdrawal is not something that he's looking forward to if it has to happen. Can he stop taking .25mg/day without noticeable negative effects?

thanks man, i feel better about the situation now. I have been lurking for quite a while, if I violated any policies or something could you point it out?

Not sure where the other dude went but i think he was referring to the use of "my dog" as a form of "SWIM". Supossed to use fiirst person on this forum.

Is it a crime to give a dog benzos? If not, it should be.

(irony itt)

Welcome to BL: please read the rules:

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/505366-Rules-of-Other-Drugs-We-Don-t-SWIM-HERE!!!

You should jump off at a low as dose as possible, which would be .1mg-.125mg. You are close now. You've only been taking it a few weeks daily, and not a real high dose. The slower you taper and the lower you get, the better off you will be. goodluck.

This is good advice. Slow and steady wins the race with a benzo taper. You can expect a few sleepless nights and rebound anxiety while the long (and accumulated) half-life of the Clonazepam is metabolized, but get off of them while you can!