• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Klonopin vs. Xanax vs. Etizolam?

Lady Codone

Bluelighter
Was just prescribed Klonopin and am trying to decide whether it's worth taking. Benzos in general give me rebound anxiety/depression/panic, but the doctor said K-pin is "gentler" than Xanax. I have the most experience with etizolam and Xanax, so I'll use those two for comparison. How would you rank the three substances in the following areas?

1. Euphoria/Recreational Potential
2. Sedation
3. Side Effects (low mood, anxiety, insomnia, cognitive impairment, etc)

I know dose plays a big role. My k-pins are .5 mg and I'm used to taking .5 of Xanax. If you've only taken Klonopin and one of the other two benzos, I'd still like to hear your opinion. Thankz!

1.neither one of those are good for euphoria from personal exp of xanax, ativan, klonopin and valium
valium is the only one that gave me any type of euphoria
between klonopin and xanax for rec use xanax will take the win if mixed with a few beers but other than that there is not much of a rec use from it i dont see it anyway
2.both can cause sedation but YMMV as everyone is different but a hefty dose of either one will cause sedation but keep in mind xanax in short lived and klonopin is long lived
3.side effects again YMMV as everyone is different the only side effects i get from either one is just being plain lazy lol and xanax will prolong sexual release during intercourse for me ...not sure if its a side effect/con lol
klonopin isnt hard hitting like xanax its more subtle instead of the rush that xanax provides because xanax is designed to be fast and hard hitting to kill an anxiety or panic attack on site
klonopin will not kick in within a few mins like xanax but will last much longer for hours on end as opposed to xanax which from time of ingestion to the come down can last only a couple of hrs (usually 2 hrs max for me for xanax)
and as far as dosing IME klonopin and xanax are 1:1 for example .5mg of klonpin =.5mg of xanax on so on many say other wise or will disagree but again its just my opinion

in the end just take it and see if its for you and report back?

I've never tried Etizolam, but have great experience with Xanax and Klonopin (Alprazolam, and Clonazepam)

Xanax def. packs the better punch, and kicks in almost instantly.
Klonopin IMO is the XR version of Xanax.
Recreational wise, Xanax is the winner hands down. Xanax is also better for depression.
Klonopin is more relaxing than Xanax, as it has better muscle relaxant properties also.

Theyre both great benzos, but if you're looking to get high, Xanax is def. the better option.
but, if you work long shifts, and want all of your anxiety gone, and don't want to dose as often, Klonopin is the winner.

to answer your specific questions-

1. Xanax, has more euphoria and is better recreational wise
2. Klonopin, will get you sedated for a long period of time, in larger doses
3. Tie. Both come with side effects, of course.

Everyone's different, but for me...

Euphoria/Recreational Potential:
1. Etizolam - Possibly the only 'benzo' out there that I would describe as euphoric, definitely has the most recreational potential as its the least sedating, easiest to stay awake on, and gives the least amnesia
2. Klonopin
3. Xanax - Blacking out and/or falling asleep are very common, mixing with alcohol or other downers is very dangerous

Sedation:
1. Xanax - Knocks you right the fuck out!
2. Klonopin
3. Etizolam

Side Effects:
1. Klonopin - Has the least intense withdrawal, easier to taper due to longer half life
2. Etizolam
3. Xanax - Famous for how terrible the withdrawal is

I hope that helps!

Thanks guys! Very helpful info. I'm thinking of taking a K-pin and hitting up the pool/water park, so we shall see. With stimulants of course. Can't be nodding off in the water :)

I've only done Klonopin and not the others but when I saw you had a list with 3 points of questioning on it I was pretty surprised that none of them had to do with which of the three you think is most effective for social and/or generalized anxiety!

No offense, but you've got questions on the 3 but have none at all in relation to the effectiveness of these medications to actually do what they were designed to do!

That's what I am most interested in knowing, how Xanax and Etizolam as well as other benzos compare to Klonopin in terms of anxiety relief.

I have nothing at all against recreational usage of benzos but it's frustrating when I am being denied a benzo for anxiety relief and having to jump through hoops to get it when others are being prescribed it and using it for nothing but fun.

End rant./

Etizolam is by far the best for anxiety. All of them if overdone will give you withdrawals you don't even want to contemplate when you stop. Xanax is the most sedating. But clonazolam (not clonazopam, Klonopin) is about 2.5X as strong as xanax per mg. Half a mg. puts me to sleep.

Idk if asking this is against forum rules--but etizolam does not seem regulated like klonopin or xanax? Everyone seems to be getting it which is odd to me.

Either way, klonopin is the best benzo in my opinion. 24 hours of calmness without blacking out at random or waking up to a plethora of horrible things you have done the night before (this is my xanax experience every time). Xanax is a scary drug lol!

Etizolam sucks to me. Clonzalom is better than Kpin, but xanax is better than etizolam.

I just ordered Etizolam that goes by the same Atizolam made by Signature Pharma, how are the 1 mg tabs of Etizolam compared to 1 mg of Clonazepam? Which is stronger?

Etizolam sucks to me. Clonzalom is better than Kpin, but xanax is better than etizolam.

This.

For a while I was get Etizolam. Once I got my hands on a bar again it was like heaven.

I like kpin best since it lasts longer and more pleasant when you don't have a tolerance. Xanax will probably knock you out.

This.

For a while I was get Etizolam. Once I got my hands on a bar again it was like heaven.

I like kpin best since it lasts longer and more pleasant when you don't have a tolerance. Xanax will probably knock you out.
Xanax is the better one, I took 2.0 mgs of Etizolam yesterday, it made me feel pleasant and not groggy, if that makes sense.

^^^^ for me 1 mg of etizolam = 0.5 mg of clonazepam so a 2 mg dose of etiz is 1 mg of clonazepam..... im currently in treatment for a habit of about 10 mgs of etizolam a day and was switched to clonazepam and am at 5 mgs now, it seems about right

Well etizolam sucks is all I know. Especially if you felt a real benzo. If its your only choice, then I guess it will have to do.

I disagree, I have been addicted to pharm grade alprazolam and temazepam and lorazepam and diazepam and clonazepam and have had my hands on vials of IV midazolam. that said, I dont find etizolam any less effective for anxiety/withdrawal prevention so long is its used in equipotent doses. If you are expecting a xanax replacement of the same potency, ya you will be dissapointed. but honestly if you take 4-5 mg of etizolam you should get an effect very on par with 2 mgs of alprazolam ime

Exactly it sucks. I would never IV a benzo anyway. I have had to fend off withdrawal with that shit so much. And anytime back to xanax you feel it HUGE. Shit sucks.

But yeah at least its there right?

i personally find it on par with lorazepam strength wise. if im on a 6 mg clonazepam per day habit it will take 10-12 mg of lorazepam to hold me without clonazepam. same with etizolam. so i really dont think it should be defined as crappy, just half as potent as xanax, which i mean is still pretty fucking strong. Temazepam for instance needs about 30 mg to equal 1 mg of xanax. that to me is weak. ofcourse im talking by weight. Temazepam def has its own heavy hypnotic properties. but again i find etizolams anti anxiety and withdrawal killing power on the same level as lorazepam

I literally am going to make you all Eat my ass as I bounce on your faces in withdrawal honestly.

Take it easy with this sort of stuff here, its probably fine in the lounge etc but not so fine here. I don't like to issue infractions or temp bans to anyone but eventually I will if I absolutely have to.

As far as the subject is concerned, i find etizolam better than clonazepam but not as good as alprazolam. I've had nearly all the rc benzos and etizolam (which isnt technically an RC benzo but a pharmaceutical) is one of the best, and most alprazolam like. The withdrawal sucks almost as much as other benzos but definitely is a bit lighter. I love how stimulating etizolam is even at pretty high doses; its hard to black out even at 10mg (at least for me).

High dose clonazepam is a pretty guaranteed blackout. I remember once taking a very large dose of clonazepam and getting stuck on the freeway in a weird loop. It took me hours to get home because for some reason, id get on the freeway, drive a little, then id take an exit suddenly. I then had to find a way to get back on the freeway and then id exit again. I kept on getting on the freeway and then exiting, over and over. I was very disoriented. This disorientation caused a huge amount of anxiety. It was the most anxious ive ever felt on a benzo. It was like a bad dream.

The real truth is that all benzos suck in the end. You have to pay the price eventually and its always far worse than the relief it ever provided, and with very heavy abuse come long-term cognitive deficits. Yet, they sure work well when you really need them.