• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos klonopin taper schedule help..

budsnbars712

Bluelighter
I have been on Klonopin for about two years now. 1 mg twice daily. 1 mg at 8 am, and 1 mg at around 5 pm. Before that I was on xanax 2-3 mg a day and managed to wean off .25 every two weeks. But was such a wreck, by the time I reached .25 mg, that I was told I needed to go back on it by a pill pushing doctor. So thats when I decided to go on Klonopin instead of Xanax again.

I have pretty bad anxiety symptoms already as every morning I wake up is pretty much a battle against my mental state. I sometimes vomit in the morning and work myself up about the day or something and trigger some bad anxiety attacks, and this was before tapering, but I cannot live on a short term medication anymore as I have too many side effects. I started cutting my dosage by .25 mg for a week.

My doctor told me .25 mg every 4 days which from my experience, is way to fucking fast. He is also a regular General Physician. I know that switching to Valium is the best option as it is easier but I am not able to get prescribed valium as he says too many people die from overdoses/suicide when on it. My shrink also said the same thing so their is option for my to switch to valium..

Does anyone have a recommended regimen or time table/schedule that will work or has used successfully?..Today is my fourth day I will be taking 1.75 mg instead of 2.00 mg and I woke up fighting the vomit sensation in the morning. I am trying to taper off in the summer months when things are a little calmer for me... any help or advice would be appreciated.

Check out benzobuddies.com .They are a support group for benzo addicted people. May I ask why you need to get off clonazepam? I take 1mg, 3 times a day. I have been taking roughly the same dosage for years with no problems. I have never found a reason to go higher than 3/day. Clonazepam is one of the stronger/longer lasting benzos. Read what benzobuddies have to say(there are more support sites than that, just Google it).For example ,I personally, wouldn't start detoxing faster than .25 mg a month. If you are good with a razor, you might be able to cut your pill down to .125 mg.The slower you taper at a lower dosage, the easer getting clean would be.Some people taper for years.Ex. If I were to start a taper from my current 3mg total a day, I would probably take my dose down to 2.87 total/day for at least a month. If all goes well after a month or in my case two or three months, I would drop down to 2.75 per day, for as long as I have to, then drop down another .125 to 2.62mg etc.I have withdrawn from benzodiazepines more than I would have liked. the slower you go, your body will have that much less to adjust and withdrawal will be an easier experience.

Last edited: