• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Klononopin baclofen and alcohol

Fuckdystonia

Greenlighter
I am taking 60mg of baclofen and 1mg of klononopin per day for a neurological condition for the last 2 months I have been drinking 12-18 beers per day would the medication prevent withdrawal if I quit alcohol or do I need to taper

Not sure if I posted this to the appropriate category

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, I can't say for sure as there are quite a few factors involved. Baclofen can indeed help with alcohol withdrawal as well as Klonopin but if you have a tolerance to both medications and the alcohol this might present a problem. I can't really give you advice as I am not sure of your condition. Your neurological condition. Does your doctor know about the amount of alcohol and what you would like to do? Congrats on seeking help to quit.

I am going to move your post for now to Other Drugs. Hopefully some others will have some advice.

Also, perhaps check out Basic Drug Discussion or another forum depending on the condition you mentioned. :)

Last edited:
You would probably need to increase the klonopin dose to help with alcohol detox. This is something you need to discuss with your doctor though, just be honest and they will probably refer you to a detox facility. It's great that you're going to stop drinking alcohol, good luck!

I'm having trouble navigating this site I would assume I have a tolerance to both drugs since I've been taking them both for nearly 3 months I'm trying to avoid a discussion with my doctor because he doesn't like prescibing klonopin in the first place but it really helps my muscle spasms from cervical Dystonia which causes involuntary spasms and contractions of my neck muscles