• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Random Kid wicked smaht; mad dumb though.

I don't think it's impossible to track such social dynamics.

Is it hard for you?

And again, a bit black and white with light side/dark side.

Last edited:
Well I don't wanna seem a nazi grammar but your English fails, the last sentence says so. Using day-to-day slangs may be difficult for learners so by doing so I advice you to use the dictionary, but hear me out. Don't look in the dictionary while you write/speak, look to learn. You don't know what are you tryin to say, this being said. These answers are meant for lurkers/other members, maybe even you, who knows?. So no one assaulted your train of thoughts, you did it by saying what you said. No one is against you. Pfft.

I'm sorry that i caused you frustration - i was just replying to your post.

You tend to speak in absolutes, and i wonder if practicing open mindedness would help you.

Then again, i'm not the brightest so take my advises with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
SWIM (heh) is very capable of many things, even excels at some. Sometimes they just fluff it. I dunno, even Jordan missed a dunk or two. And he absolutely sucked at baseball.

Sometimes i, personally, am great at reading ppl, other times? Not so much. There are so many factors that come into play. What'd I have for breakfast, did I sleep enough, am I too high, not high enough, did they insult a family member, and Soooo much more

Of my two closest friends growing up the least traditionally intelligent, for the purpose of this example I am using grades and standardized testing, is in the most high paying position, running a successful restaurant and catering business. The more traditionally intelligent is an intellectual property attorney struggling a bit to cover his mortgage and what not.

I skipped s lot of posts in here so I'm not sure I'm hitting the target here, but it just always seemed nanatural that some people would have different skills and abilities and from this natural point we practice, build, and develop from there. Someone who spends all day teaching calculus may be great with numbers but nervous in social situations, even if that person is able to know what the right things to say abd do are they may fumble a bit and come off as unsocial or silly.

Many ppl use the street snarts vs book smarts. I think both are the same kind of smart just applied to different interests.

In business school they started pushing Emotional Intelligence or EQ (emotional quotient) vs IQ (intelligence quotient) or "traditional intelligence" as I used earlier. It has been found that EQ is a better metric for gauging success in management and whatnot.

DopeM, that type of thinking it's useless. IQ isn't real. So your statement is useless.

Next time think. Keep the logical wire.

What fun would it be if I didn't derail every thread I come into contact, with mindless thoughtless drivel like a penny?

Such zmol n insignificant, basically useless and nearly worthless toppling Giants of Industry as built by the hardworking immigrants from China.

I am at work and did something retarded.

I have a healthy WAIS tested IQ, but I'm an air head.

For everyone: do you know any stupid smart people? What are they like for you?

Thanks.

Name one person who has never been seen to say or do anything that was seen by someone else as stupid.

Yeah that's true, it's all a matter of perspective.

My therapist says i live in "Id land", that is the Freudian shits, so maybe it's partly because of that why i come off that way.

I'm really good at a variety of things, and I'm able to figure most things out pretty easily. However sometimes I do the dumbest shit. I'm awful at finding things, I can look right at something and miss it. Sometimes I've been looking for my shoes for 15 minutes and they're on my feet. This Gary Larsen cartoon pretty much summed me up as a kid:

midvale+school+for+the+gifted.jpg

As the above indicates, it's a common piece of wisdom that intelligent people can be pretty dumb, too. There are all kinds of intelligence, and no one has them all. And everyone has something.

The dumbest I am is with drugs. Some of my loved ones are incredulous that I could do some of the stuff I do and have done, despite constantly experiencing negative/destructive side effects to my life.

DopeM, that type of thinking it's useless. IQ isn't real. So your statement is useless.

Next time think. Keep the logical wire.

IQ is not a reliable way to measure all the abilities of the human mind, but it does measure some aspects pretty well.
It is very limited though, that's why people can score high and not show it, and viceversa.
I found out that I can plan in what order a full load of flight cases needs to go in a 7.5 ton truck in just a few seconds, in instance, but obviously you wouldn't know that from reading my posts.

I'm really good at a variety of things, and I'm able to figure most things out pretty easily. However sometimes I do the dumbest shit. I'm awful at finding things, I can look right at something and miss it. Sometimes I've been looking for my shoes for 15 minutes and they're on my feet. This Gary Larsen cartoon pretty much summed me up as a kid:

midvale+school+for+the+gifted.jpg

As the above indicates, it's a common piece of wisdom that intelligent people can be pretty dumb, too. There are all kinds of intelligence, and no one has them all. And everyone has something.

The dumbest I am is with drugs. Some of my loved ones are incredulous that I could do some of the stuff I do and have done, despite constantly experiencing negative/destructive side effects to my life.

As you said, there's many types of abilities and no one has all of them, the things you said about looking around for the shoes you're wearing I can totally relate to, my version was more like looking for the lighter I was already holding in my hand.
If you were born in less ancient times :)LOL: ) you would have been on Adderall or Ritalin before high school.

Last edited:
some of the sharpest people i know are very unwise and some of the most dimwitted have insights that it takes society decades to catch up to

I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but I was sitting in a friend’s car locked in without keys (she ran inside at night to run a quick errand) and warned me just before she left not to set off the alarm by opening the door or anything.
I set the alarm off.
Twice.
Most humiliating was that before the second time she warned me again and I was all indignant and offended. Because duh I would never do that again. ☹
Edit: so as the alarm blared a second time, I thought of this thread and my rightful place here.

Lol, I'm offended you wouldn't trust me. WEEOOHWEEOOH.

Classic air head moment. I'm sure you just had a lot on your mind ;)

I can’t believe I’m admitting this, but I was sitting in a friend’s car locked in without keys (she ran inside at night to run a quick errand) and warned me just before she left not to set off the alarm by opening the door or anything.
I set the alarm off.
Twice.
Most humiliating was that before the second time she warned me again and I was all indignant and offended. Because duh I would never do that again. ☹
Edit: so as the alarm blared a second time, I thought of this thread and my rightful place here.
it happens 2 the best of us