• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

KICKING OFf POSSIBLE RECORD-BREAKING OPIATE TOLERANCE- YEEHAW!!

mutransmitter

Greenlighter
SOOO... here we go again....

Stupid long story made kinda short- I'm a mid-twenties physics/engineering student. I've spent more days withdrawing from opiates than anyone should ever have to endure, to the point where I just learned to accept it as a standard part of my life. I've successfully withdrawn from tramadol, hydrocodone, oxycodone, hydromorphone, heroin, buprenorphine etc. The worst I have ever gone through was a year long 36mg/day buprenorphine habit. That was 25 days of ZERO sleep (not one minute) and about 4 months to get from 1hr/night to 4 hrs/night. I still have severe PAWS from that kick(3 years ago) and I strongly believe that drug should be banned as a maintenance drug and only used as a partial agonist quick detox aid, but that is for another day. SO, one can easily see why, despite my loathing of opiates, my PAWS and moments of weakness lead me back time and time again.

This time my troglodyte thinking got me back in a world of hell, after 2 years clean. Being on the good road leading the good life, my PAWS made it impossible to sit still in class and pay attention. I sought proper medical attention and tried everything short of requip (which I now wish I had). Nothing helped so I turned to Loperamide. I started off with 60-72mg/3 days. One dose of that kept me good for 3 days. But soon started needing more and more often. Getting up to a sickly disgusting dose of 400mg twice a day, it was taking a huge toll on my health. At that point I had put on 40lbs, lost all my physique(I'm a weightlifting enthusiast), and when I was "well", I could barely hold a comb over my head and could not see straight. Being sick of having constant rocks in my stomach and my rapidly declining health I found a super cheap source of powdered fentanyl. I've had it lab tested, although they could not tell me the purity, they did confirm the only drug in it was fentanyl.

This brings me to present day. I am currently at 1g/day of this relatively pure fentanyl. To give an idea of how stupidly high my current tolerance is, while in complete withdrawal off it about a month ago, even 600mg of methadone(titrated) would not put a dent in my symptoms. I finally have the time off and while most people take vacations in places like Hawaii and Fiji, I'm rather accustomed to my times aloof on my bathroom floor or pacing my yard, chain smoking cigarettes (I only smoke when I detox, otherwise its a filthy habit). So here I am on day 2. Not too bad yet, but expecting the worst. I sadly wasn't able to score any comfort meds and for fear of prolonging my ultra-slowly fading bupe PAWS, I refuse to take Buprenorphine. So I'm off to the store for a 30pack and a pack of smokes. Television, music, the Jacuzzi, chocolates and exercise are my only saving grace now.

To be honest I don't expect to make it through the whole withdrawal before I have to go back to work, but if I could get my tolerance down at least to a level where I could use my tramadol until my next break, it would be nice... I still have class, but my family is gone and I'm on vacation from my job, and midterms were last week, so I've got minimal responsibility at the moment. Please wish me luck/pray for me or just some cheerful word would be nice, even for a chronic selfish screw up like me. OK, that's the end of my ramble... To anyone else out there going through it, believe me your NOT ALONE, and a true love of life and love will return to you when this hell is through, that is one thing I PROMISE.

GOD BLESS(reason for edit: it cut this out the first time I tried to post this)

Last edited:
Reminds me of this train wreck of a thread from some years ago. If you are for real and he was too there may be some useful info for you there.

Prayers & best wishes.

Last edited:
Oh I promise you this is for real.. forgive my silliness, ive had a few beers and I have learned one important rule for opiate withdrawal- laugh as much as possible... sex and showers help too. but laughing and good spirits is key.. I'm a bit scared because the only other lipophilic opiate I have experience withdrawing from is Bupe, and that was an all together different kinda hell. so much electric pain I wanted a bullet in my head, but so drained of physical/mental strength I couldn't even change my own clothes sometimes, so I just layed there writhing in my own sweaty filth. I had a plan for suicide at the time but didn't have even 1% enough strength to carry it out. Then, because the danger from lack of sleep they tried to put me on a tranquilizer- which proved ineffective for sleep but like a thorazine rittled acid trip, I was left in a mental straight jacket, wide awake, in the most pain I ever felt in my life. (and ive had a collapse lung and injury induced nerve palsy/muscle atrophy)

The good side is despite fentanyl being lipophilic like bupe, its half-life is minutes compared to the supposed possibly 90-something hour half life of Bupe AND it only acts on the Mu-receptors, which is mainly pain and not euphoria which will hopefully equate to less dysphoria in its absence.

I read that guys post and sounds about where I'm at. Ive been playing around with some fentanyl analogues too, including 3mf, but the fentanyl proved the strongest. I guess at this point I'm lucky it wasn't carfentenil or ohm-fentanyl, which is so strong, no amount small enough is safe for human use in opiate naïve persons(2mg can supposedly put down an elephant). At this point the fentanyl powder doesn't even make me fell even the slightest bit euphoric, just lightheaded and sleepy.

Anyway, just wanted to reassure there is definitely no trolling going on here, just someone with HUGE amounts of experience in opiates with a good attitude, ready and willing to share.

Thanks for the prayers, really means a lot in hyperemotional state.

Post Script Edit: when I kicked off Bupe, I took twice the doctor prescribed dose of Clonodine (blood pressure med) and still had a BP of 2?0/120 and a heart rate of 109bpm (sorry cant remember exact systolic number, I think 270? it was 2hundred something)

Last edited:
Hey there mutrans!! I feel your pain...I had a fairly high tolerance to opiates. I have been clean a little over a year now. I was shooting 5 bags of heroin at a time, and not even nodding or feeling any euphoria. The most that happened is it made me ambitious...i.e. I'd start cleaning or go out and accomplish things. I also was taking (prescribed) 300mg of morphine a day...putting fentanyl patches-the flat Sandoz- on my tongue....I'd cut them in strips-the entire patch (100mcg) would overdose me....I'd dry heave. I also took large amounts of Loperamide....sickening.

So, I was always the person w the high tolerance....while everyone was nodding out I was cleaning out the drawers or on my knees cleaning the floor. I also paid dearly for it....my story ended w me detoxing, naked in a dungeon-like jail cell. Hallucinating, seizing, throwing up nearly every time I moved my eyes....and I understand the mental straight-jacket very well. I agree about laughing...my sense of humor saved my sanity. I laughed a few times reading this...because I understand.

I also wanted to share w you something I read on a website similar to what you're experiencing....It was about two brothers, both chemists, that were making some fentanyl type compound...ohmefentanyl AND experimenting with an analog of an analog by increasing the strength of ohmefentanyl by changing it's chemical structure and to say they regretted it is a gross understatement ...Long story short...they became severely addicted to a drug no Dr. had ever dealt with before obviously. Of course when you realize you are in deep shit it is always too late.

As the story usually goes with this kind of thing-they ordered what they thought was enough to be ok....however, as we know, there is never enough. They would run out and go through severe withdrawal and wanted help...but didn't know how it would be possible being that this was a compound they created themselves.

Eventually, they did go to a Dr. and explained the situation. I don't remember the details but somehow they did get off of it. And just to think they had the chemicals to make fentanyl and it didn't even touch their WD...just ohmefentanyl is much more powerful than 3mf.

The reason they shared their story is to educate others and warn people. I wanted to share this with you to let you know you are not the worst case scenario ever-even though it seems and feels that way. Hang in there. You know the drill. It is difficult and unnerving...I wish you the best. Just keep pushing forward.

1 gram of fentanyl per day? Good god man. You need to focus on staying hydrated as contrary to popular belief people have died during opiate withdrawal due to the dehydration aspect. Seizures are another possibility at that insane dose because it's a huge shock to the body to go CT.

I don't get it, you're thanking people for support, yet your entire post and title seems to be like, you're proud or feel like this is some sort of accomplishment. It's a matter of time before this lifestyle kills you, at your level of dependency (i wouldn't say it's record breaking, it's just sad) the withdrawals alone are something that run a high risk of killing you, you need medical attention from a hospital. Please get help, don't become a statistic.

Pinpoint....YES!!! Withdrawal is so much more serious than the medical field acknowledges....and I couldn't understand why I was seizing. I wasn't drinking alcohol or taking benzo's....I figured the shock to my body was the reason. No matter the reason, it was horrifying. I didn't eat for 16 days....and took small sips of sugary drinks here and there. I was severly dehydrated...

And you DO NOT want to have to detox in jail!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They don't give a shit and leave you in a dangerous situation. After all, you are an inmate, not a person in there. I seized five times, before a CO called medical and declared it a medical emergency. Yes, you are using an insane amount of opiates, but you know that. I don't need to tell you that.

I do understand the horror you're experiencing...but I pray with all that I am, I never have to go through that again. I still have nightmares about it. I detoxed cold turkey twice...both times the same things happened. Be careful...its not safe for your to be alone during this. Take it seriously, because it is. Hang in there, and do the best you can not to get your head into it.

Hey - Just wanted to see how you were doing? Like you I have a high tolerance to Opiates and really need to come off them before they kill me - nothing like yours though.

Well the good news is fent withdrawal is quick. I don't have much advice. You are in one hell of a predicament.

Jesus H. Christ dosn't an entire 100mcg fent patch = like only 10 mg of fent? A Fucken GRAM!?!?!? You know i disagree with tricomb i think you do deserve a medal, or a movie based loosely on you, or at the very least medical science would be at a total loss if they were to continue without at least a series of books on just your case study. I had to get off herowin a few years back though i was a kind of a bitch about it i was successful and havnt looked back I cant immagine wd from a gram a day of fent fuck me in the ear that hurts my soul you have my prayers

Hey Mutrans.....how are you? How is everything going? Please post to let us know how you are.

Go to a 3 day medical detox...the first 3 days are pretty tough.
They will keep you alive.

There will still be around 15 more days of hell after that, but its doable at home....barely

It sounds like you are a chronic relapser and need rehab to me.

Hey.. I kicked wayyy harder than I ever have in my life, but only for 5 weeks.. even harder than 32mg/day buprenorphine for a year. I'm doing well in sober living but I gotta move on with my life. I cant associate myself with drug use anymore. Gonna go live. Good luck to you all.

I have a very hard time believing this thread or the other one posted here (the guy claimed to be doing over the equivalent of a KILO of heroin a day hahaha). With that said, keep in mind I had a monster xanax habit of 80mg a day, so I do suppose anything is possible, but I am having a real hard time wrapping my head around this. If 600mg of methadone didn't help you, I highly doubt you'd be in such a positive frame of mind and be laughing and drinking beers as it appears in this thread. I use to have a terrible, terrible fent habit of two to three of the old school gel 100mcg patches a day, so 20mg-30mg. I can't see how extrapolating that 50x would even be possible. I highly suspect you are doing a fent analogue, and then it would make much more sense. Fent withdrawal was so mind bendingly brutal, there is absolutely no chance I would be able to be typing online, and I have gone through hundreds and hundreds of soul crushing heroin withdrawal. I just can't compute of a gram of actual fentanyl would be even remotely possible.

edit - just saw this was an old thread and you came back to update everyone. Good job on staying clean. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
My god that sounds brutal and you are one lucky person to have gotten past that and moved on. I can see how a sense of humor and being able to laugh at a shit situation like the one you were in would help. I mean if you had no sense of humor i believe it would be s million times worse. Best of luck to you in any future goals you have. You are a brave soul to kick a habit like the one you had.

I may be misunderstanding your post, but all those out there bragging about having sky-high tolerances and taking cocktails of drugs might want to visit ykm420 in the shrine. :(

Be safe out there, guys. <3

Also a street should be named after you
Jesus H. Christ dosn't an entire 100mcg fent patch = like only 10 mg of fent? A Fucken GRAM!?!?!? You know i disagree with tricomb i think you do deserve a medal, or a movie based loosely on you, or at the very least medical science would be at a total loss if they were to continue without at least a series of books on just your case study. I had to get off herowin a few years back though i was a kind of a bitch about it i was successful and havnt looked back I cant immagine wd from a gram a day of fent fuck me in the ear that hurts my soul you have my prayers