• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Blog Kicking Kratom Once and For All!!!

You might try kava root.... It is good for anxiety and mood boost. If you get good root it can actually be enjoyably intoxicating, without being too over the top or addictive. Using it helped me a lot with quitting kratom because I also was addicted to the routine of taking something everyday the kava greatly distracted me from dosing up on kratom.

I’ve used valerian in the past before
Bed but stayed away from Kava because of stories around dependence/withdrawal from it. While I need to drop Kratom I’m not willing to become dependent on another plant. If the situation becomes unbearable though it is something I may consider.

Maybe try and stay on a dose for a bit (few days) instead of dropping consistently?

that is the plan. Gonna stay at 40 caps this week and through the weekend. I need to check my supply though to make sure this is viable. I refuse to order more so if I need to accelerate the taper due to availability of Kratom I will do so

Bed but stayed away from Kava because of stories around dependence/withdrawal from it. While I need to drop Kratom I’m not willing to become dependent on another plant. If the situation becomes unbearable though it is something I may consider.

I have never heard of withdrawal from kava. It has a long history of use with no documented withdrawal syndrome. Some people may become psychologically dependent(much less reinforcing than kratom) but you won't find a quittingkava subreddit or any other kava support groups on the web.

A long time member @negrogesic recommended black seed oil for kratom withdrawal. I cannot vouch for it personally but the poster is a long time opiate addict and a highly reputable source of information. Perhaps he can chime in on the subject.

Many people have mentioned the same over at reddit. I spent the afternoon reading back through this long post on how I made it through the withdrawals. I think I can manage the same with just mint/chamomile tea, melatonin once RLS goes away and being as active as possible. Anxiety has been the worst part of quitting in the past so I’m still researching many of the things mentioned above so I can have stuff on hand if anxiety becomes unbearable.

the other shit thing this go around is I’m not telling my wife. I can’t bear to tell her I went back on this shit for YEARS without telling her. It sucks because I have so much determination to quit but the reality is this taper will be several weeks at least. I am going to count my supply one day this week when nobody is around so I can count out exact dosages and when the jumping off day will be. I need to try and jump off Thursday so I can wfh Friday and then have a weekend to get somewhat through it.

The impression and general understanding I have gained with recent research, is that Kava sort of has far less true downside than Kratom. Less harsh and aggressive on both the body and the mind.

Not physically addictive, nor as harmfully habit forming as Kratom can too easily be by the sounds of it.
I have been testing both out the past 10 days or so, first time ever. I'm not sure that the car is really my cup of tea because I'm supremely fat eat due to health conditions and severe long-term sleep deprivation.

Kava is pretty mellow, not lethargic but also not wakey in any way. I prefer the Kratom because I need that pick-me-up boost.

I adore the euphoric aspect of the kratom high which goes brilliantly with my cannabis intake, but I notice a much stronger antidepressant effect with Kratom.

Only tried the Kava 3 times yet, and it is a little different to Kratom in how it is dosed and assimilated routine and effect wise.

Fully empty tummy is even more necessary for Kava I think. I took 2 good doses of instant Kava at 45 mins apart. 1st one with edible cannabis, after the 2nd dose I vaped some Sativa bud. My carpet doses were bigger this time then I have been previously I was pushing it a bit more to get a better impression of the drug.

I didnt need the vaporizer. Vaping spoiled it. Would have been a lot nicer with just the edible. I felt a little uncomfortable and restless for about an hour until the the effects levelled out. Just dipping my toes friends getting a feel more than anything and I did learn from that.

I don't think kava combines as well with cannabis as kratom, which does particularly well in my experience so far.

But @KratomDemon I think for anybody who is struggling with the down sides of kratom usage or addiction, Kava could potentially be very helpful, and I don't think you need to see it like replacing one bad thing or habit with another it's more like using different tools to come up the job from a different angle.

I would imagine, or even predict, that by including kava then ones lifestyle and routine the problematic side to kratom may be better handled or Limited.

I agree @AutoTripper and I’ve reconsidered. I plan on getting some liquid kava to add to my bedtime tea and possibly other times of the day when anxiety is unbearable. Thanks for sharing your experience!

I agree @AutoTripper and I’ve reconsidered. I plan on getting some liquid kava to add to my bedtime tea and possibly other times of the day when anxiety is unbearable. Thanks for sharing your experience!
No worries you're welcome my friend and I think that's a good idea honestly the way I see it is that kava can be used with virtually no downside it will either be your cup of tea and a rewarding and enjoyable experience or maybe not so much and anything else in between.

The kava has not been anything to write home about so far where has the kratom has been sending love letters wide and far haha.

But kava apparently needs a while for the kavalactones to build up in your system before it starts taking full effect.
I would be confident the Kava will help you in surprising and unexpected ways to ease the strain of your situation and take the pressure off without adding further complications or obstacles.

It definitely is good for anxiety, actually I am almost certain Kava would be better than Kratom for dealing with anxiety longterm. Kratom has been cutting through all of my negative thoughts and emotions and is brilliant for my anxiety but can work like a double-edged sword somewhat in the same way as cannabis.

With Kava, it doesn't actually feel like a drug is working on your mind for thoughts. Nothing imposing upon you as such they're in the same way as kratom which is like an external drug experience coming in with force and change.

Less a change of perspective with kava or more subtle.
Thanks for sharing your experience and situation I will be interested to follow and learn more.

One particular thing I am experiencing with the kratom- I get madly itchy all over several hours after taking my dose and it seems the larger the dose the more itchy I get.

I dont actually ever itch normally so it is the Kratom 100%. I have heard about itching being one of the typical side effects of kratom but I don't know if this is because I'm particularly allergic to it myself.
I took 4 grams tonight and I sure am itching.

By consensus at kava forums most xtracts are generally considered to be vastly inferior to micronized or medium grind root.

Made it through the night though the last half was tossing and turning among hot flashes. Cutting from 36 grams down to 24 was definitely aggressive but I am determined to stay the course.

feeling a little better now that I’m in the office and going to try to wait until at least 9 AM (2 hrs) until I take my first dose. Happy Tuesday.

Survived the day at work (was actually a good day). Doses at 930 and then 245. Two more doses to go today yet.

Took stock of how much Kratom I had left and I think I still have 1200+ caps which means I can rush or not rush this taper however I see fit. That being said i don’t want to draw this out that long and will likely be trashing some of the supply.

i also stumbled upon an almost full bag of powder which I flushed down the toilet (then proceeded to clean the toilet). I have been unsubscribing from my vendor’s mailing lists and doing my best to keep upbeat and busy.

until tomorrow y’all...

Day 3 of taper...

slept “better” last night but took me longer to go to sleep. Had one dose at 7 PM and the other at like 10:15 PM. In general feel better this morning than yesterday, just mild stomach discomfort. The rest of this work week will be busy which helps tokeep my mind off things. The weekends always prove to be the most difficult so will need to make sure I keep busy and not dwell on using more than planned.

Another solid day at work. Even considered holding off on my second dose until I got home but I have an hour commute so just took it at 315 (instead of 230).

I’m already panicking about the weekend because that is when I would use the most. Going to try and keep occupied with visits from friends and hanging with my son while wife is working. Then Monday taper down further. Still trying to decide what is a good drop. Taking 24gpd now I was thinking dropping 3 or 4 caps which would be 1.8 or 2.4 G. Will see...

you're on 24gpd now? If so, that's good from 30. Do you ever work with just the powder? It's cheaper and easier to dose but it's not convenient. sorry if you mentioned this in earlier posts, I didn't go back that far. I take it daily and would probably taper down 2-4 grams every few days depending on how i feel and what I needed to do. If I were you, I would take it 1 day at a time and dose depending on how you are on that particular day. Idk about you, but it's hard for me to predict how things are going to be in 3 or 4 days from now.
I'd use CBD oil or a nice indica. Melatonin for sleep works and I like L-theanine and GABA, valerian works good too like someone else mentioned.

@Lizzy1Fair
24gpd now yes, down from 36gpd last week. Monday was rough but last two day’s have been good. I have almost exclusively used capsules throughout my 12+ years of use. Means lots and lots of money. At one point when money was tight I would cap my own powder. Powder by itself is terrible and have only gone that route if desperate.

Thanks for the suggestions - I’ve used many of those in the past and they definitely have value.

I have also tried in the past to alter my dose based on how I feel that day and it always leads to addict brain convincing me to take more than I should so that isn’t really an option if I want to be successful at this.

I have also tried in the past to alter my dose based on how I feel that day and it always leads to addict brain convincing me to take more than I should so that isn’t really an option if I want to be successful at this.
were you taking it for recreation or did it help you with a medical issue? & no, I was not suggesting you dose that way, just saying how I do. And 24 from 36 is really good! How do you feel now?

were you taking it for recreation or did it help you with a medical issue? & no, I was not suggesting you dose that way, just saying how I do. And 24 from 36 is really good! How do you feel now?

I feel pretty good. No big highs any more and much more even keeled. It’s still a lot of Kratom I am taking daily so I know I have a road ahead of me yet.

I had started taking it because I got hooked on other people’s pain meds and was trying to find something to keep me from that dark, illegal road. In the beginning it was amazing. Until you try to stop and realize you feel like crap. If only I could warn my younger self

I feel pretty good. No big highs any more and much more even keeled. It’s still a lot of Kratom I am taking daily so I know I have a road ahead of me yet.

I had started taking it because I got hooked on other people’s pain meds and was trying to find something to keep me from that dark, illegal road. In the beginning it was amazing. Until you try to stop and realize you feel like crap. If only I could warn my younger self
Good!! Glad you're not feeling bad. When I notice that something is working, I will stick with it and repeat.
Ughhhh on the pain pills. I have been down that road and it totally wrecked my already messed up intestines. I was taking them so that I was able to work, but I was taking wayyyy too many. My doctor at one point had me on the fentynal patches... F that stuff. Those almost killed me when I was sleeping. I won't take any prescribed pain medication now.. They all make me extremely ill, so that's why I'm thankful for kratom.