• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kicking a Methadone, Oxy and Coke habit

showcase

Greenlighter
To make a long story short, I've been on here a few times trying to kick different habits. First was a benzo addiction. Then it got really bad with hydromorphone, morphine and oxy. I can't remember the doses I was taking, but I'd equate them to moderate levels. That was a few years ago.

Ive managed to taper my addiction down a lot, and in the last few years (without medical help, or a treatment facility) I started self medicating with methadone. The problem is I've been on a constant 20mg/day methadone habit, and 20-30mg/day oxy habit for the last 2 years. And I almost forgot the Tramadol everyday (sorry I dont know what dosage it even is). On top of that, a few years ago I picked up a very nasty coke habit. And have been doing about 2-3 grams a day, sometimes a lot more during the weekend for about 2 years as well. I'm always broke, always in bed, or up till 6am. Can't hold down a steady job because of too many sick days due to withdrawal or being up for 2 days.

My girlfriend is in the same boat as me. The difference is she has chronic pain, and that's where most of my pain med supply has come from. She's already checked herself into a treatment facility because she needs to kick her habits but also be able to control her chronic pain.

3 Days ago I decided to stop everything cold turkey. I was tired of being such a bum. My gf's father was killed in a motorbike accident a few weeks earlier, and it really struck me that I'm going to have to be able to take care of her. She lives with her mother and her mom is a Ritalin and methadone junkie. I need to get her out. My dream is to serve in the military, and that's the plan once I'm clean and feel strong and healthy again.

I guess the story ended up longer than I wanted but here is my issue. I had to go cold turkey because my supply has been shut off and I have no access to opiates at all. The blow is easy to get tho, but I haven't touched it either. I have Ativan, melatonin, multivitamins, magnesium as well as some clonidine I found in my medicine cabinet. They are very low dose .025mg (Canada). I take 4 of those at night, and my 4mg of Ativan and I just cannot sleep. At all. My legs are fucking driving me nuts. I need some advice as to how long this may last, and what can I do to get my legs to stop at least. I'm afraid to go to the doctor with my situation because it may hurt my chance of getting into the military. Thanks guys!

I served in the navy and the state I'm in my family physician can't get ahold of my detox records or even know I was admitted unless I volunteer the info. Call a detox tell them your situation and find out if they turn over the records to your doctor. You my friend are a garbage head(no offense intended I am to) and can't trust yourself to detox using substitutes,look where its got you hooked on different drugs. You need professional help,at least in my opinion. I wish you luck. Oh and Ativan is a benzo! Oh and again in the state of DE I was on methadone clinic for 9 years and my doctor never knew,of course this was a decade ago but they try to keep anonymity so people get help.

Last edited:
20mg of methadone, 20-30mg of oxy, tramadol, and 2-3G of coke, A DAY?? If that's an accurate statement, that's a lot to just cold turkey man. I've CT'd some brutal habits before, but damn. Maybe cut out the oxy, tramadol and coke for a couple of weeks, then try and get on bupe maintenance. That's a lot of havoc to put on your body at one time. I've jumped from 20-30mg of methadone to bupe a couple times. While it was by no means pleasant, it was certainly better than the alternative. Ymmv

i'm sorry buddy guess my answer wasn't to helpful to your question anyway believe it or not masturbation relieves some of the restless leg syndrome(this is a medical fact,look it up).Nothing will take it fully away except time.The kicks(that's were term kicking dope comes from) really suck but thankfully they subside quicker then most other symptoms,usually in a week. The insomnia can hang around for a month(sometimes more). Please humor an old guy call your detox center (don't give your name) and ask them about your privacy. I know it's scary to put yourself into an institution but once you are there and medicated you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. You need to do it for yourself but also if your girl gets cleaned up and comes home to you using then sorry to say but all that stuff you said abut her mother you will be able to say about yourself.

i'm sorry buddy guess my answer wasn't to helpful to your question anyway believe it or not masturbation relieves some of the restless leg syndrome(this is a medical fact,look it up).Nothing will take it fully away except time.The kicks(that's were term kicking dope comes from) really suck but thankfully they subside quicker then most other symptoms,usually in a week. The insomnia can hang around for a month(sometimes more). Please humor an old guy call your detox center (don't give your name) and ask them about your privacy. I know it's scary to put yourself into an institution but once you are there and medicated you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. You need to do it for yourself but also if your girl gets cleaned up and comes home to you using then sorry to say but all that stuff you said abut her mother you will be able to say about yourself.

Masturbation is great during withdrawals. and +1 on the detox. Ive gone through medical opiate detox 4 times. 5-7 days of sleep and tv. It's almost like a vacation haha

DW