• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ketamine

RippinItUp

Greenlighter
Any Ket lovers out here?!
I just recently got into it a little bit and its been unbelievably therapeutic for my depression. Also been using it to 'knock me out' at night time to get some sleep while I'm trekking through these Suboxone w/d's.
Whats your average K-hole dose?
Do you like using it as a social drug in small amounts over lets say a stim?
How fast can a tolerance build?

Thanks just looking for some info / other peoples experiences with Ketamine.

-RU

I myself am also a bit of a novice with ketamine. But I find a decent hole dose to be around 150mg

However I find anything lower than a hole dose to be a bit of a waste of time and certainly not sociable. MXE is far superior imo and a good experience can be had without having to collapse comatose on the sofa...

MXE is indeed superior, but almost impossible to find these days. When you do see it's $300/gram and of dubious quality.

Anyway, to answer the OP, I've never considered K to be a social drug. Basically what FUBAR said. Small doses impair my verbal fluency and motor skills in way that isn't conducive to socialization. K's value to me comes at higher doses. It usually takes at least 150mg, if not 200+ to get the hole-experience, which can be quite fascinating.

MXE is indeed superior, but almost impossible to find these days. When you do see it's $300/gram and of dubious quality.

Anyway, to answer the OP, I've never considered K to be a social drug. Basically what FUBAR said. Small doses impair my verbal fluency and motor skills in way that isn't conducive to socialization. K's value to me comes at higher doses. It usually takes at least 150mg, if not 200+ to get the hole-experience, which can be quite fascinating.

I totally agree with you on that. I just don't quite understand because over in the EU Ket is used in the club scene pretty regularly, but I myself could never see myself going out to a party or something on Ket.
However I find it really beneficial with depression when used correctly.

Thanks for the reply btw !

Idk you guys but I hate Ketamine so muuuuuch, its the only drug i would reject using even if I had an unlimited supply. Not having control of my limbs, feeling dizzy and that dreadful taste on my mouth. No thank you. By the way I am talking about IM/IV key, I Have access to clean pharma Ket in vials.

I love ketamine, it's one of my fav drugs. I used to be the guy snorting 200mg rails on a regular basis until I swicthed to IM... geez that's so much more efficient. 100mg IM will put you to outer space for an hour or so.

Yeah I've been loving just taking like 80-100mg and just relaxing lately. Its a solid buzz, and its cheap. K-holes can be fun too hahaha.

I just recently got into it a little bit and its been unbelievably therapeutic for my depression.

It will make it (much) worse in the long run if you use it with any sort of regularity, I promise you that.

Don't fool yourself in to thinking that sitting at home k-holing on the couch is in any way the same as using a small medicinal dosage under therapeutic supervision.

It will make it (much) worse in the long run if you use it with any sort of regularity, I promise you that.

Don't fool yourself in to thinking that sitting at home k-holing on the couch is in any way the same as using a small medicinal dosage under therapeutic supervision.

You are without a doubt correct on that the note of making the depression worse in the long time with regular use, however, other than the odd time I have k-hole'd the doses im administering are right around the therapeutic level of .75mg/kg.
And and trying to follow a very similar dosing schedule to the depression infusions, minus the IV.

There's very shaky evidence for ketamine being effective at all as I understand it, definitely it is not something the medical community are looking at and saying yes this clearly works for a significant proportion of people.

I'm just trying to encourage you to be honest with yourself, maybe you are and maybe you're not I don't know. I would suggest that as a drug addict you are not an ideal candidate for trying to self-medicate with ketamine though.

In answer to the questions in the OP:

Ex-ket lover, not a fan these days though.
No idea what a k-hole dose would represent for me now I don't take it anymore but I would estimate I would still need at least 300mg insufflated and probably more. Intra-muscular I would guess I would get there somewhere between150mg-200mg. IV probably would probably only need 150mg max but the hole would only last for five minutes.
Don't use it as a social drug any more and I would go as far to say that when I was using it with other people that usage was as much about blocking out the pain and discomfort I felt during social interaction more than it was about enhancing that social interaction.
Tolerance builds VERY VERY fast.

I absolutely love ketamine. One of my favorite. I never measured. Just big lines until I couldn't walk

You are without a doubt correct on that the note of making the depression worse in the long time with regular use, however, other than the odd time I have k-hole'd the doses im administering are right around the therapeutic level of .75mg/kg.
And and trying to follow a very similar dosing schedule to the depression infusions, minus the IV.

the most important think to keep in mind is how subtle it can be to build up an almost irreversible tolerance to the therapeutic effects
personally I would treat it the way benzos are best used for anxiety, sparingly and when the anxiety or depression in this case gets unbearable
i fell into the same patterns of habitual self medding with ket and felt how it starts to lose its value whilst still being a routine thing
would suggest IM/IV though for the increased depth and avoiding digesting the norketamine which can take its toll on your bladder

I would go as far as saying that if you are serious about protecting your mental health then you definitely shouldn't use ketamine recreationally/self-medicating at all if you have tendencies towards addiction.