• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dissociatives Ketamine IM Injection - red line around injection site. Pictures.

No, never used one.

Ok, so I have to transfer liquid to another container, and then use another syringe and needle to inject the sterile solution?.
I cannot just suck solution into barrel (syringe), then attach filter+needle and shoot it directly into the muscle? With the filter still on.
No don’t do that.

No don’t do that.
Ok. I apreciate you taking the time to help me out. Thanks.
I still don't understand why I can't just shoot it directly, with the filter on :-D But I'm sure I'll understand why, when I go through it. It just seems like an unnecessary step to put it in container before sucking it into the final syringe. A step that might add bacteria if the final container is not sterile. I sanitize small glass containers with alcohol. I assume that's clean enough.

I have no choice but to test it today.

Apparently the filters I have are non sterile. So I guess I can't use them? I bought them on Amazon. It's weird, we don't have micron filters around here, because I asked at the pharmacy and they didn't have it.

Last edited:
The filters I have are non sterile. So I guess I can't use them? I bought them on Amazon. It's weird, we don't have micron filters around here, because I asked at the pharmacy and they didn't have it.
You should be able to get them on Amazon. I’m not sure about local needle exchange’s if they would have them, possibly. You should also be able to get them at a pharmacy.

You should be able to get them on Amazon. I’m not sure about local needle exchange’s if they would have them, possibly. You should also be able to get them at a pharmacy.
Ok, I'll order some on Amazon. I tried using a spoon and spilled a bunch. I'll stick to using small glass containers. How long does it normally take for Ketamine to dissolve? Mine haven't dissolved in cold sterile water after 15 minutes. Do you think it's impurities?

Ok, I'll order some on Amazon. I tried using a spoon and spilled a bunch. I'll stick to using small glass containers. How long does it normally take for Ketamine to dissolve? Mine haven't dissolved in cold sterile water after 15 minutes. Do you think it's impurities?
Yeah pure ketamine shouldn’t take long to dissolve after stirring tbh.

Yeah pure ketamine shouldn’t take long to dissolve after stirring tbh.
that also doesn't sound like a "normal" ketamine cut like MSG or table salt, which should also dissolve really quickly

I should have taken a picture so you could see. It took 20 minutes to dissolve, but maybe the solution was just too strong, meaning that there was too little water in it. I'll try to remember to take a picture next time.

I should have taken a picture so you could see. It took 20 minutes to dissolve, but maybe the solution was just too strong, meaning that there was too little water in it. I'll try to remember to take a picture next time.
You probably just needed more water.

Honestly, buy the filters, you’ll feel better for it.

You probably just needed more water.

Honestly, buy the filters, you’ll feel better for it.
Ok. So maybe it is pure after all. It doesn't look like it's cut either, but what do I know. It comes in shards.

For sure I'll buy those filters.

If you are worried see a doctor or medical professional, and tell them what happened, which drugs you were using, etc.

you know, now that i look, i have a discolored bruise and some other discoloration slightly below where the injection was from my K session a few days ago. no pain, but ive never had this sort of discoloration away from the site of injection before, or even a bruise. i usually suck it straight up with the needle, especially from a vial (there would be no other way)
I inject heroin maybe 7 times a day so I feel I am only qualified to answer this auramine reply to it. You didn't make it in the muscle. That's why you are bruised. The area of the Brews is just the liquid underneath your skin it made you skin pop up therefore it bruised. Oh and your original picture is from needle size.

Ok, I'll start using the filter. I have sterile water as well.

I haven't really been talking to anybody about it - just googled it and read some threads on bluelight and reddit. But I guess I came across the wrong threads, with bad advice.
Actually the idea that I had to heat it probably came from my mum to begin with. She's trained as a nurse. And she claims that it kills some of the bacteria, so for that reason it's a good idea. And that made sense to me.

As far as I know the micron filter doesn't take away bacteria? But I guess that's not as big a risk as impurities being dissolved.
What I've done so far is heat it in a water bath, on the stove.

Ok, that's a good idea actually. Another half ml isn't too bad.
To optimally sterilise the solution you'd have to boil it for a few minutes. The time you spend heating the solution in a spoon is a few seconds so not enough time to kill most of the germs that might be in it.
You'd kill a few maybe and that's still better than nothing I guess.

It was correctly pointed out that heating a solution of street drugs can cause undesirable adulterants to also become soluble and end up in your finished solution.

Don't heat the solution if you have a readily soluble street drug.

In general many drug users tend to have unsafe practices and you can even get away with bad practices for a long time until that day that your luck runs out.

The more injections the more chances for something to go wrong.

An injection creates an entry in your skin for germs to get inside... Sterile procedures aim to minimise this risk. They don't 100% avoid it. You're basically counting on your immune system to fight the few germs that will always manage to get in, even if you are as sterile as you can.

If you're healthy your immune system won't have problems with an injection given optimally but if you're not then you can have problems and the risk increases exponentially if the injection is administered in an unsafe way. I'll point out that prolonged use of certain drugs does affect your immune system's health so it's something to consider.

People get infections all the time from procedures in hospitals given in a sterile environment etc. It's not possible to cancel the risk completely, especially with people who are already debilitated.

It's always best to be as sterile as possible. You should never be sloppy with this stuff as you only need to be unlucky once.

I know most here will know this stuff. It's always good to stress harm reduction stuff IMO anyway.