• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Ketamine bladder?

Yogamuffin

Greenlighter
So I’ve been a ketamine user for around 6 months, it turned into daily use about two months in.
I woke up one day with pain in my urethra, and now every time I do a line or drink too much coffee or something like that, my urethra feels like sandpaper is being drawn through it
Any suggestions on why this might be happening or what to do? I’ve been to the doctor and ceased ketamine us but I’d love to get to the point of being able to healthily do it recreationally and intellectually.

... why this might be happening ...
It's a well known effect of long term Ketamine abuse and it's called "Ketamine Bladder Syndrome".

I'm attaching an article about this health issue.
"The authors present a case of a young male patient with a 2-year history of troublesome lower urinary tract symptoms and a 5-year history of ketamine consumption. Medical management of such patients is largely limited to analgesia alone, and cessation of ketamine use before irreversible damage occurs remains the best means of avoiding the radical reconstructive surgery required in end-stage disease."

Attachments

• Ketamin Bladder Syndrome.pdf
    91 KB · Views: 4
Saw a dude pissing blood on Drugs Inc. after doing Ket for a few years. Had bladder reconstruction.

Check the sticky in psychedelic drugs forum.

It's good that you've stopped man. It can get a LOT LOT worse I talk from experience.
Drinking blueberry juice can help soothe your urinary tract and stop the horrible burning piss. Coffee and anything fizzy makes it worse!

Check the sticky in psychedelic drugs forum.

It's good that you've stopped man. It can get a LOT LOT worse I talk from experience.
Drinking blueberry juice can help soothe your urinary tract and stop the horrible burning piss. Coffee and anything fizzy makes it worse!
Thanks man, would you care to share some of your experience? After stopping were you ever able to go back to safe usage?

Thanks man, would you care to share some of your experience? After stopping were you ever able to go back to safe usage?

Post number 43 and 44 here

@Yogamuffin also here is some advice I recently gave another member via PM

If you want to do it long term these are the best tips I can give you
WATER. OVERDO THE WATER.
IF YOU SNIFF ALWAYS SPIT THE DRIP OUT
(THOSE 2 ARE THE MOST IMPORTANT I CAN'T STRESS IT ENOUGH)
AVOID FATTY/SALTY FOOD. EAT VEG.
AVOID CAFFINATED AND CARBONATED DRINKS
CRANBERRY SUPPLEMENTS TO PREVENT INFECTION OF THE BLADDER
BLUEBERRY JUICE FOR BURNING PISS
STRONG APPLE CIDER IS A GREAT ACID FOR BREAKING DOWN THE ALKALINE OF KET IN YOUR SYSTEM AND HELPING CLEAR CRAP OUT OF YOUR BLADDER
ALOE VERA DRINKS AND COCONUT WATER ARE GOOD
EXERCISE AND SLEEP (THE 3RD MOST IMPORTANT)
VITAMINS

If you lead AND MAINTAIN a healthy lifestyle - (SOMETIMES) you can get away with k abuse ;)
YMMV

I used it for 15+ years. In the last 10 years the longest break was 2 years abroad. 2nd longest break 1 month in rehab. Sometimes up to 20g a day habit. Recently 3 to 5g a day. I've stopped for a bit again now. The other weekend I had a blowout and did 35g on Saturday and 13g on Sunday. I honestly don't know how I still have a bladder touch wood. Like another heavy long term user in the sticky said, I should be a medical experiment lol.
Its in a bad state tho. I'm lucky I still have some control over it.
Shrunken and hardened. Fibrosis I think they called it. The doctors can't do anything about it apart from prescribe oxybutynin to help the frequency of my urination.

Be careful out there!

Someone had the sandpaper feeling and there would actually be a noise when he did Nº 1 and Nº 3 -- it was from doing 20 times the recommended dose of Vitamin C because of something staying in his system and being on the nod for more than 24 hours and he acidified his urine to get it out of his system faster -- a mega-dose of methadone, dimenoxadol or noracymethadol I think it was. I suggested he wash down some MST Continus, piroxicam, and phenazopyridine with cranberry juice, shoot some Dilaudid and get some lignocaine and a blunt needle and shoot it up his dickhole.

Here is a blunt needle by the way, which I also used to get ready to pass a kidney stone once. The same page also has a blunt fill needle with a filter in it, which is helpful for lots of folks Then, or with the wheel or inline IV filter, cook up your smack or tablets, or hypodermic tablets or whatever, suck it up into the syringe, screw on the needle for shooting and let er rip

Last edited:
@Nicomorphinist that sounds fucked up man!
So is it dangerous to OD on vit C? Didn't know you could acidify your urine that way. Good to know tbh.

@Nicomorphinist that sounds fucked up man!
So is it dangerous to OD on vit C? Didn't know you could acidify your urine that way. Good to know tbh.

It burned up his butthole pretty good too the next day because the same day he ate all the Vitamin C he was with us when we helped cook chili for a fair-sized group of folks and we made it bland and bean free and then we put out bowls of beans and Jalapeño and several other types of hot peppers so people could adjust ad libtum . . . he loaded up with a lot of hot peppers in his chili, and probably also got 2000 per cent of his Dietary Reference Intake of capsaicin if such a thing is ever invented -- I think its anti-inflammatory properties make it a rather important chemical to consume, and there are tablets people can use to take it without tasting the heat for inflammation, other health problems, or as a metabolic stimulant with about 10 other ingredients. I tried those even though I do like the hotness of coriander for example, and things were fine until I started sweating out the contents and some ran into my eye. There is also some thought that one way or another there may be something in some kind of peppers which interferes with tumour growth and other oncologic processes.

@Nicomorphinist I've always eaten a shit ton of hot chilli/chilli sauces. Almost daily, defo 5 days out of 7. Fuckin love me some habanero sauce on my cheese on toast/sandwiches, well, on almost anything tbh. Reapers, ghost peppers, the lot.

Always knew they were good for your blood and good for your circulation...
Could they be another factor why I've gotten away with the k abuse for so long?

Ketamine is hard on the urinary system, including the kidneys. I noticed this when I was doing ketamine therapy for depression. By the end of the protocol, the pee signal started to get stronger and more frequent. My bladder was getting irritated, even from the low doses I was doing. Taking adequate vitamin C with lots of water seemed to help a bit.

I can see how this could turn to chronic inflammation and then scarring over time, which would reduce bladder function. I'm not sure off the top of my head what could be causing this bladder irritation, but I'm assuming it has something to do with the crystalline structure of the molecule. The urinary system generally hates crystallization of any kind and reacts badly to it.

@Foreigner yeah I've always heard it has a lot to do with the re-crystallisation inside you. That and the toxicity of the main metabolite norketamine.