• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Ketamine and Strattera (Atomoxetine) Interactions?

whitefield

Greenlighter
Recently trialing Strattera for ADD treatment, coming up to my 5th consecutive week, now taking 80mg daily. (Finally starting to feel some beneficial effects as it takes a while to build up in your system.)

Potentially thinking of taking Ketamine soon, was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of the interaction between the two drugs as i've searched and not found any information at all.

P.S not sure if this is the right place to ask this, just signed up today. Feel free to point me in the right directio

Thanks,
Wf

Well, it's kind of easy with ketamine, since it just activates or shuts off everything. Atomoxetine is tricky, because it really only seems to involve the SN in SNRI, but also weak stuff with NDMA that isn't really understood, and the kappa opiod receptor . . .

There's too much going on to call that a good idea. I mean, I could, if you begged really hard, look to see, but ketamine alone has too many huge processes going on, and atomoxetine overlaps with quite a few. And that's just for your brain receptors. In the test tube. Doesn't even cover what your liver does to them or those organ things you have.

So, NOT SAFE.

You want to know if you can quit the atomoxetine for the weekend. Half-life is short for an anti-depressant, and could be out of you in two days. But, it's your therapy. I'd also think the shorter half life means there could be a comedown that's a bit rough (and from the NDMA stuff). Normally you'd taper that.

So you might need a week to taper down to do some drugs, then a week at least to get to where you were. SO over two weeks of scuttled therapy to do some drugs.

Your call. Just don't take them together.