• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Kava Kava Scheduled

my mates missus brought me back a kilo of kava from Fiji recently, had no worries, but she said they had limited it to 2kg per person, per trip

I wonder if vendors will be using that rule to bring some more Kava in to the country to sell...hopefully :\

Mr Blonde said:
I wonder if vendors will be using that rule to bring some more Kava in to the country to sell...hopefully :\

It would hardly be worth it^ 2kgs is pretty much enough for personal use for a year or so and thats it.

How much are tickets to vanuatu these days?:)

^ Yeah, but maybe they have friends who travel their often! ;)

Or they grow it themselves. One vendor I know is now selling Fiji Waka grade in 1kg bags, so maybe they are trying to get rid of some or something.

I think if this move to restrict Kava was made more generally known to the public it would have a fair amount of opposition. I'm thinking specifically of Sydney's "kava clubs" who currently provide a community environment that's particularly supportive and encouraging of young Fijian people learning about their culture, and community. So business aside, elders are pretty concerned that for some kids alcohol will become the destructive substitute.
Aware of this the Fijian consular general has spoken against the scheduling but with all the current rift between their govt and ours will it have any impact?
In fact, those undiplomatic relations are now making me wonder if the restrictions are motivated by that; a sly embargo maybe. Just a cynical thought anyway.

The ban is just bad for everyone. Aboriginal communities, Polynesian people. And Me.:p

Maybe for you guys on the east coast it will still be available black market style but over here in WA I dont really know of that many fijians and Im not sure if our dry conditions are that good for growing it.

Up north, Broome kinda type area for example, would probably suit it yeh? And yep this is just another wowser effort to make sure people are less able to be autonomous in their own health ie pain management, anxiety and insomnia issues. As well as it just being bloody annoying that nearly every effective and fun ethnobotanical seems to get put on the Naughty List.

I went into the shop I got my kava from again. They are selling it out at XXX a bottle now. 60x2000mg suppling kavalactones 60mg each.

I cant believe they are banning this stuff.

Edit- Removed price. lil angel15

Last edited by a moderator: