• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kava and liver damage?

nancy145

Bluelighter
I talked to my psychiatrist about starting kava and he supported it but he was a bit concerned about it causing liver damage, enough that he wanted to stop me after 3 months because of it. I heard from a few other places it causes liver damage too. My friend, who happens to know a lot about kava, told me that it doesnt actually cause liver damage and they used alcoholics in the studies they base it off of. I know that kind of thing does happen in studies, but I also know people say it happens way more than it really does. Does anyone know any more about this? Links to scources would be nice, if it turns out it doesn't cause liver damage I'm going to need some evidence to convince my psychiatrist it doesn't. He doesn't know much about kava(he clearly stated that, I'm not just saying he doesn't know anything), he supports my cannabis use for depression because I convinced him it actually works and isn't as dangerous as people belived, he knows I'm somewhat knowledgeable about drugs, he didn't have any bias on either side when I mentioned I heard the studies on liver damage might not be accurate, and he generally has an open mind to things so if it actually doesn't cause liver damage and I have some scources I could easily convince him it doesn't. I know kava is legal and I can just go buy it at any age, but since I'm 15 my parents will pay for it for me if my doctor recommends it and I'll be allowed to do it too.