• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

kanna

Inds

Bluelighter
I tried some 50mg of kanna knowing very little of what it actually does besides some vague descriptions of it being "euphoric" and mixing nicely with phenibut so I wanted to experience it on its own first.

Well, it completely fucked me up. My anxiety shot up, my hands were shaking, my jaw felt tight and when I looked in the mirror I had mydriasis which I find completely disgusting and frightening. I freaked out and thought this anxiety was only gonna get worse and worse so I popped a few klonopins and finally calmed down, knowing I have halted the impending panic attack. Talking on tripsit helped too, a participant on there was a dealer from Iran and he told me I'm too soft for any of this and then tried to sell me shit.......at jacked up prices, LOL. FUCK HIM.

Anyway, my question is, is anything what I described of my experience normal at all? Am I that fucking weird? I'm just not cut out for stimulants at all, they fuck me up without fail. Yet I wanna give kanna another go, perhaps a slightly lower dose this time and maybe stay the fuck out of the bathroom. I can't tell if its the drug or me being disgusted at my own reflection that triggered the freakout.

What do y'all think?

I get the same reaction from kanna, I fucking hate that stuff, it make me so anxious and uncomfortable. I hear so many really positive reports, and I want to like it, but after half a dozen tries over the years, with different sources, with an extract, trying the same source as the one people were raving about... it's always shitty.

First time I tried an extract, snorted a small bump and it came on as this overwhelming, racey vertigo - almost like a bad synthetic cannabinoid.

It levelled out after 20 to 30 minutes and I felt okay, but after a few retries with smaller doses, I've found it ultimately unpleasant and unrewarding. No desire to retry.

It's clearly not for everyone.

I tried some 50mg of kanna knowing very little of what it actually does besides some vague descriptions of it being "euphoric" and mixing nicely with phenibut so I wanted to experience it on its own first.
It's not clear to me what exactly do you mean by "kanna"? Sceletium tortuosum? The dry plant, powder of it, some extract? Did you chew/eat, snuff, smoke it?

I used the powder of the dried plant for quite some time, but not huge amounts of it i guess. Just a knife point, that's 20-40, probably not more than 50mg. Putting it on my gums, the effect is very subtle. Smoked alone, e.g. on a bed of ash in a pipe, it produces a somewhat weird headspace for me (for about 30 minutes or so), uplifting and joyful in a way but i wouldn't go so far as to call it euphoria. I wasn't inclined to take larger doses, cause i was using it in combination with cannabis most of the time, which amplified the effect of the cannabis for me.

Still have a lot of it, but i don't use it anymore cause i'm less motivated to mix psychoactive stuff in general. It's supposed to act as a (shortterm) SRI, and i'm more protective of my serotonin system nowadays, but i don't think it's harmful in moderate doses. There was a time where i used psychedelics and smoked a shitload of noids and Kanna right on top of it just before the peak. The word crazy comes to mind when i now look back at it. But as always, it's great fun, ..until it isn't anymore.

Anyway, my question is, is anything what I described of my experience normal at all? Am I that fucking weird? I'm just not cut out for stimulants at all, they fuck me up without fail.
I find judgement is misplaced here and hope you didn't really mean it that way. What is normal anyway? I never noticed any (drastic) changes with my pupils while using Kanna (except with psychedelics of course). I think you should go easy about it, experiment again if you feel like it, perhaps clear out some of your expectations etc., start small(er) or with a different ROA. Certainly not recommend doing some 'heroic' doses/acts to force this stuff to get you what you think you want from it..

Have fun.

Yes, I ate the extract. The place I got it from sells extracts and supplements advertised as nootropic, really soft shit that I've gotten used to having little to no recreational value so this one really surprised me. The reason I ask if the effects I felt were normal is because I'm very weird and can never rely on the side of the box with the side effects written on it so it's always a gamble what will happen. Had I known this was an SSRI, I would've thought twice about buying it. I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one that felt anxiogenic effects.

I tried 25 mg today and felt nothing, might try again next week. Anyone tried this with phenibut? I am told it goes well with it but after what I experienced, I'm having doubts.

Glad to hear that I'm not the only one who experiences crushing anxiety from kanna. I'm done with the plant itself, but I might give mesembrine HCl at some point.

What are the known facts on the psychopharmacology of mesembrine and the other compounds found in Sceletium tortuosum, actually? I recently bought some of it in an extract suitable for nasal consumption with around 6 % total alcaloid content. I know hardly anything on it because I just started researching that compound - all I know yet is that it is a serotonine reuptake inhibitor (but this is most likely not its only psychopharmalogical action, I presume).

Last edited:
I don‘t know what it is, but I tried kanna and phenibut and neither one produced any kind of effect. After asking about phenibut in another thread I bought some from a different source and tried a large dose(again). Nothing. I also got some kanna extract at the same time and tried a 30 mg dose. No effects. Kanna I only tried the one time, so i’ll give it another try, but phenibut i’ve tried several times now with small doses and large doses with absolutely no effect. I hear great things about it so I feel a little left out lol.

Odd you would get nothing from phenibut, bow much have you tried taking?

I tried snorting around 15 mg of said extract and it gave me a strange effect: sedation and slight closed-eye-visuals. It only lasted a 2-3 hours. It was not unpleasant, but also not really pleasurable. In a few days, I'll try a slightly larger dose, probably 20-25 mg. I am really surprised this dose gave me an effect at all, maybe it is much stronger than I expected, maybe I made an error when weighting (but I don't think so).

Odd you would get nothing from phenibut, bow much have you tried taking?
I know, I thought maybe trying a different source and form(powder instead of capsules) would make a difference but still nothing. The lowest dose I tried at first was 500 mg and I've tried at most 3500 mg. Absolutely nothing. Last time I tried it early in the morning just to be sure I didn't miss anything by doing it too late in the day.(This was the 3500 mg dose, btw.) I ended up having to make an hour and a half drive, roundtrip, somewhere and I was a little worried about if the phenibut would end up making me stay home but, just as all previous tries, it had no effects.

Hello, I tried at least a dozen years ago if not fifteen 1g of beige / brownish powder sold under the name Kanna in a Dutch smartshop starting with z and ending with a. it was supposed to be euphoric as an opioid substitute but I also didn't feel it. the second time it was a friend who gave me the same thing that came from the same place and I felt absolutely nothing like that. But I think it's because I'm on a high dose of methadone along with a lot of other drugs

Hello, I tried at least a dozen years ago if not fifteen 1g of beige / brownish powder sold under the name Kanna in a Dutch smartshop starting with z and ending with a. it was supposed to be euphoric as an opioid substitute but I also didn't feel it. the second time it was a friend who gave me the same thing that came from the same place and I felt absolutely nothing like that. But I think it's because I'm on a high dose of methadone along with a lot of other drugs
:unsure: I'm also on methadone and a couple other drugs. Possible causes for not feeling effects?

Hi,
Yes it's probably the causes that you not feel it...
I wonder why though. Even at what I thought was a high dose there wasn't even a hint of having something in my system. It's not like taking a mild opiate while on methadone and wondering why I can't feel it. I take xanax and adderall daily also, small regular doses, which shouldn't mean I couldn't feel effects from kanna or phenibut. At least, that's what I thought I've never heard of either substance being completely blocked by certain other substances. The kanna I'm not certain yet since I only did it once, but I will try it again very soon. Phenibut I might attempt one last time with a higher dose, as long as I don't read anything stating the dangers of doses at 4000 mg, or 4500 mg, maybe. (*Feel free to chime in if you know about that!) After that, if I still don't feel anything, I give up.

I assume OP means Kanna "extract" surely.

I have some, × 200 I think.

I took 150 mg's first time. I am actually allergic to kanna, major G.I. upset, respiratory symptoms but not the worst at all.

I never had any anxiety from it. But 150 mg's of the extract was a heavy dose.

Kanna goes superbly with cannabis. Potentiate each other.

And LSD which I added to the mix. Was a really nice experience actually. If not for my digestive allergy to kanna I reckon I'd be right into it.

It"s not sedstive like Kava, not overly stimulatory like strong caffeine. Has a psychedellic aspect but remains super sharp and mentally focussed.

Bought it off ......... so wasn't sure if I got the right thing. Got nothing from it.