• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kanna Tincture - Dose and Effects

anonken18

Greenlighter
I just bought a Kanna tincture. I'm not sure if I can list the source, as that might count as advertising. It is made from fermented Kanna, and uses a dropper that is built into the cap. So you just turn it upside down and it drops out. I am sending the cap back, because I am having problems with the tincture coming out too fast. It says to uses 8 - 10 drops per day. I'm wondering if that would be the same with a glass dropper? Since I'm going to be using a glass dropper, dose anyone know a good dose? I'm not sure if the tincture is 1:1 herb/alcohol/water, but it tastes pretty bad. Kind of like dry grass and apple cider vinegar mixed. Taking about 8 drops, I felt nothing. From the experience reports I have read, people usually feel something. Should I up the dose? I'm afraid to do it, because I have never used this herb before. Thank you for your input.

Last edited:
i think there is supposed to be a reverse tolerence effect

so the more times you use it, the less you will need to achieve the same effect

for the most part, my experience with kanna extracts that it has been a very very subtle mood brightening affect. i once had a cigarette after taking kanna and it almost felt like i was on ecstasy, i think it must have synergised with nicotine and that caused the rush.

i think the most important thing with kanna is getting it from a good source

Okay. The source has almost a 100% positive rating, and they explain how they only use fresh herbs and get them from good sources. Anyway, I will be ordering the powder soon. I heard that the powder is better. I think you are supposed to hold about 200mg under your tongue? I'll have to look into it.

ya i used to put it under my tongue for about 10 mins then i'd swallow it down with some water.

i didn't find the powder to be too bad tasting

I just took another 5 drops with no effects. I'll probably end up getting the powder. One problem is that I am sometimes resistant to certain things, and I need to take more. For example, most people take 25mg of Benadryl for allergies. That does nothing to me, so I need to take 50mg.

more isn't necessarily more effects when it comes to kanna

your receptors have to become accustomed to the kanna similar to an antidepressant which might need to be taken for a month in order for you to see the effect it has.

although i don't think it has to be taken daily or anything, it might take 5-10 times of taking the recommended dose (on separate occasions) to notice the effect it has.

its a very subtle mood lift, don't expect anything like a normal drug or weed or anything

Okay. I was just expecting more because some Erowid reports said that they got some euphoric feeling.

Sorry to bump an old thread but I recently got some fresh kanna powder from a couple sources and it does nothing for me. I've heard a lot of positive stuff about it too. I'm sure the powder I got is legit, one is from a very reputable shamanic website and the other is from South Africa where it is indigenous. I've tried snorting, sublingual, and oral with doses up to 2 grams (!). I'm also entirely sober and am not combining it with anything so there's no confounding factors.

I've heard from a couple people (I think Seattle Stranger was one) who state that there's a reverse tolerance similar to kava. Is there any truth to this? I don't expect a lot of people to know about this plant so I decided it was better to bump and existing thread versus creating a new one.