• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Kanna + Syrian Rue

bloodshed344

Bluelighter
Is there any actual evidence this combo is dangerous? I don't believe kanna works like other SSRI's. I have already read some google results but I couldn't find any conclusive answers. I don't think it's necessary to wait days in between doing these two substances, but I'd like someone with ACTUAL (as in, dont go with what you know about mixing SSRIs and MAOIs) knowledge about these two substances to chime in.

One rainy day, long ago, I took 100mg of Zembrin, a patented kanna extract that is probably just mesembrine + some filler. About five and a half hours later, I smoked some leaf enhanced with DMT and a full spectrum harmala alkaloidal extract. The comeup was unusually slow, then I had the sudden realization that something was not right. This was well before the DMT took hold in earnest. Something was hard, something was off. There was a barrier to the experience that I had never experienced before, a wall of some sort. Eventually, I became enfolded in the DMT space, and it became a positive experience. The experience was much, much longer than a typical enhanced leaf experience--almost 45 minutes. At first (well, after I came to) I thought that the extract was unevenly laid on the leaf and that I had hit a concentrated pocket of harmala alkaloids. It was only several hours later while musing about my still foggy, slightly-tripped out headspace, that I remembered that I had taken a LOT of kanna extract in the morning. I counted my blessings, glad to be alive after making such a foolish polydrug mistake.

The short answer: they definitely do interact, I didn't die, and it's probably very fortunate for me that the dose of harmala was low and pyrolized rather than large and oral.

Thanks for sharing this, I've been trying to find out if this combination is dangerous as well.