• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Kadian 20mg Morphine Sulphate (ES) "Natural?" Dosages?

RedVeins

Greenlighter
Just got my hands on around thirty 20mg morphine capsules...i figure these are relatively rare, due to doctors being predisposed to prescribe semi-synthetic counterparts to morphine like oxycodone and Hydrocodone. I know morphine is a naturally occurring alkaloid in poppies...so would that make these capsules "natural" (with the inactives unnacounted for, of course). Anyone have any idea on dosage ratio to other commonly prescribed opiods?

The morphine is possibly collected from opium, but more likely produced from thebaine if that's possible. So much junk in them that's not natural though. One 20 should be fine for a first timer or low tolerant person where average 2-3 would be closer to the right dose.

KADIAN (morphine sulfate extended-release) Capsules are time-released over 24 hours' A "first timer" (no prior opiate use) probably wouldn't feel much of anything taking 1 Kadian 20mg cap. (That's less than 1mg of morphine being released per hour). An opiod-naive person who wants to feel the effect of morphine would be better off trying 15-30mg of instant release morphine tablets or maybe a 50mg Kadian capsule. I sorta don't even know why Kadian 10mg or 20mg capsules are even manufactured, unless it's used with another Kadian dose (like maybe 1 Kadian 100mg + 1 Kadian 20mg for a total of 120mg morphine per day). Personally I am prescribed 160mg of Kadian per day; I take one 100mg Kadian and one 60mg Kadian for chronic pain.