Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

just wondering about sniffing 5-htp

mcpilldaddy

Bluelighter
proberly stupid but i was just curious

what happens if you sniff 5-htp,
i dont know much about what happens when you sniff stuff, logic would say that it would get into the bloodstream closer to the brain therefore being more effective

I would strongly recommend against snorting 5-HTP - most of the stuff in the capsule isn't 5-HTP, check the ingredients for your brand online - under the heading "excipients".

This was posted about 5 years ago on this forum:
Elliven - Bluelighter - POSTS: 73 - JOINED: Apr 2000
Post: "A friendly suggestion...", 16-06-2000 13:48 (#141694)

My good friend Eds-Hed had this really great idea last nite. We had decided to snort our pills, to keep things interesting, and because we are so prepared we had some 5htp on hand for later. "Well" said Eds-Hed, "Seeings as we will need to gobble 5htp later on, why dont we just open the cap and mix it straight in with the pill?"
Well it sounded like a great idea at the time. I was first up to bat, and I can honestly say it is the most painful substance I have ever put up my nose. (And you would not believe what else has gone up there)
My entire nasal passage was screaming, and there was nothing I could do.
Being the great friend I am I made EH do a line too (It was his fucking idea!) and watched in mild amusement as he gagged and gasped, his eyes streaming tears...
It was the iherb 5htp we were using, great stuff, but not up your nose...
BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
Hehaha, Ok, in a drug induced bout of sillyness, I tried snorting 5HTP one night with a mate.

Really not recommended, mostly because it just turns to clag in your nose, makes you cough for about 3 minutes and gets you generally fairly clogged up.

For what I imagine would be a similar experience, try a line or two of self raising flour :)

You usually only want the 'expensive' chemicals to be used more efficently, and thus routes other than oral are sometimes chosen. 5-HTP is inexpensive, so if you want to be more effective just have another 100mg instead.

isnt 5-htp a plant based material anyway, so snorting it would be.. kinda.. stupid?

Yes, 5-HTP is an extract from griffonia simplificolia. However just because it is a plant doesn't mean it can't be used nasally, the Amazonian natives did/do it in 'snuff'.

ya, a couple of my friends and i were thinking the same thing about 2 hours ago, and we did, and it hurt lol.... no one has been watching this thread for a while so we r just stupid for not lookin earlier