• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

just switched to Dilaudid... help?

For a while, I 'dose-dumped' Opanas and went on the rollercoaster of opoids... And for that while, the relief was great but the side effects were too unmanageable for me. At least I know that I respond well to Opana. Since Dilaudid makes me vomit. O.O <<<<<<<Under the Tongue!!!>>>>>>>>>>

I have a question and I'm sure there is a tread that would cover it but I find this site harder to navigate than years ago. I searched it and a bunch of shit came up like smoking opium and such. My question is I smoke cigs and does the nicotine effect the effect of the opiates. Right now I'm on Oxycodone 15mg every 4 hrs and Opana ER 20mg every 8 hrs. I switched from Dilaudid 8 mg to oxy 15 past Monday and so far it's working better on my pain. I've gave up on euphoria. I know if I take 4 or 5 Oxys if be floating but only that once and Ityll just raise my tolerance thru the roof. So I stick to my one and have added a Dilaudid sometimes if I'm hurting. I usually dose then go smoke. I swear I read an article yrs ago that said nicotine decreases the effect of the opiate on your brain. Anybody know anything about this. I googled it and all I could find is how much people smoked on herion. I don't give a shit about herion and don't wanna hear about it. I've seen lives lost and almost lost my best friend to that shit. I'm no snob. I've snorted it a couple of times but never ever shot it. Anyway, that's my question. Also while I'm typing, does anyone know how to potentiates oxy? I know oral bio is very high. I've tried the Tagamet grapefruit/ tonic water shit many times over the years and nothing for me. So that's it, smoking and potentiates. If there are threads, kindly direct me to them. Thanks blue lighters!!!!

I don't know about decreasing the effects... The only thing I've found is that after I take my first dilaudid of the day if I go smoke without eating or drinking a little something first it makes me a bit light headed. It doesn't do this the rest of the day, just first in the morning... Good luck