• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Just out of a meth binge

Lordstim

Bluelighter
Hey everyone!
As the title says, got through a really intense binge, about little more than a month. This was the duration of my entire experience with the drug. But now that I stopped (my second day and counting) I don't have any urges to do it but my head keeps throbbing and I can't seem to wake up on time. Allthough granted, insomnia was the flavour of the last month or so. Just wanted to know if anyone else has been through this?
I apologize if this isn't the place for such a discussion!

I've been there many, many times. I used to do 5 day runs, sometimes 6. It is very important to hydrate and eat nutritious foods. Your sleeping pattern is going to be very out of whack for a bit. Oversleeping and falling asleep while sitting up may happen. If you were physically addicted to methamphetamine, you'll start getting "brain zaps" after the 3rd or 4th day, much like suddenly stopping an SSRI.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

I've been there many, many times. I used to do 5 day runs, sometimes 6. It is very important to hydrate and eat nutritious foods. Your sleeping pattern is going to be very out of whack for a bit. Oversleeping and falling asleep while sitting up may happen. If you were physically addicted to methamphetamine, you'll start getting "brain zaps" after the 3rd or 4th day, much like suddenly stopping an SSRI.

Let me know if you have any questions :)

OMG thank you. Needed someone to talk to about this. I've kept the whole thing under the wraps and it's effected me in multiple ways in life and I just can't explain it to anyone.
I hardly kept in touch with people. I even let my relationship suffer. But I'm glad I'm out of it (thanks to a good friend).
I've been eating well and drinking a lot of water and Gatorade. But the head throbs make me think I've underestimated getting off it....

when i was addicted to crack and finally ran out i'd sleep for 24-48 hours, there was no waking me up. its normal when you're that overtired. i could have my alarm going every 10 mins for 8 hours then finally realise i wasn't going to work that day, lol.

well done for getting out after a month.

If you were physically addicted to methamphetamine, you'll start getting "brain zaps" after the 3rd or 4th day, much like suddenly stopping an SSRI.
Was unaware of this; what kind of dosages typically render this? SweetP told me people can be physically addicted to meth but that it took "years" of constant use. Your opinion?

Was unaware of this; what kind of dosages typically render this? SweetP told me people can be physically addicted to meth but that it took "years" of constant use. Your opinion?
I was shooting meth 5-6 days a week for about a month or a month and a half before I started getting the brain zaps. I was also using a LOT. Half gram shots after the first week.

OMG thank you. Needed someone to talk to about this. I've kept the whole thing under the wraps and it's effected me in multiple ways in life and I just can't explain it to anyone.
I hardly kept in touch with people. I even let my relationship suffer. But I'm glad I'm out of it (thanks to a good friend).
I've been eating well and drinking a lot of water and Gatorade. But the head throbs make me think I've underestimated getting off it....
Meth withdrawal is real my friend. People who say meth doesn't have withdrawals has not been addicted. Severe hand shakes, your body hurts like mad, unable to stay awake, that *swoosh swoosh* feeling when you move your eyes or head too fast. Persistent low mood or in my case feeling numb.

Meth withdrawal is real my friend. People who say meth doesn't have withdrawals has not been addicted. Severe hand shakes, your body hurts like mad, unable to stay awake, that *swoosh swoosh* feeling when you move your eyes or head too fast. Persistent low mood or in my case feeling numb.
How long does it take? I remember a 9 month bender I took like 7 years ago and came off pretty easily.

I've seen people go a loooong time and just get "lethargic" on the comedown.

The symptoms you describe sound real; just curious about how long (or perhaps as another of your posts suggest; is it from high dosing?) I was never brave to push the limits of it that far. It just seemed kind of not worth it.

Does the emotional numbness go away on its own or stay for a persistently long period of time?

I have seen people do half gram shots before so I do believe you and it was the same kind of shit where 50mg was just fine. 8( God bless those hearts <3

Hey everyone!
As the title says, got through a really intense binge, about little more than a month. This was the duration of my entire experience with the drug. But now that I stopped (my second day and counting) I don't have any urges to do it but my head keeps throbbing and I can't seem to wake up on time. Allthough granted, insomnia was the flavour of the last month or so. Just wanted to know if anyone else has been through this?
I apologize if this isn't the place for such a discussion!

Take into account that given methamphetamine's long half life, you still have some meth in your body for 2 to 4 days after the last dose of a binge.
You might feel more tired and hungry when it's completely out, and your sleep will be better.

My numbness comes and goes. I don't ever actually get excited about much anymore. I am capable of caring about my family, and my son makes me feel feelings of true happiness. It takes time, but over 4 years later I actually cry when I'm upset, and feel joy about small things again, like coffee in the morning or making a big meal. I have major depressive disorder, which I did not have before using and may also be related to domestic violence.
Thanks for sharing. Get depressed here too and what not.

Congrats on your years. :)

I haven't been happy in a long, long time. I've been a lot of things, normally not that. But thank you for the sentiments, I do wish to snap out of this one day and regain normal emotional range.

Hey thanks everyone.
Feels good having y'all around ?
Yeah the head throbs are gone and it's been good lately.
I scored a 25 but stopped immediately and it was okay. But living at this slow pace is......daunting.

I haven't been happy in a long, long time. I've been a lot of things, normally not that. But thank you for the sentiments, I do wish to snap out of this one day and regain normal emotional range.
Hey man hang in there I'm sure you'll land on the shores!

I think it possibly has to do with brain chemistry. You know how SSRIs work for some people and not for others? I used to be very interested in chemistry and had read up on a lot of it while I was using, but most of that information was lost in my tweaker fog. The fact that my withdrawal from meth and my withdrawal from SSRIs is so similar, makes me think that there may be a link.

I was shooting for about 2 years. There were some times here and there that we couldn't get Sudafed and had to go without for 4 or 5 days, and the withdrawals were a fucking bitch. My boyfriend at the time also had the same withdrawals as myself, we seemed to react the same to certain medications so it is possible that our brain chemistry is similar.

I'd also like to point out that it was completely uncut. That may or may not make a difference.

My high on methamphetamine seems to be different than the highs I have heard of other people having. I would become very people-phobic and shy. After day 2 or 3 of being awake, I would get pretty giggly and silly, I'd mostly clean the house or make meals or do arts and crafts, or research online. I'd have some auditory hallucinations like an out of tune talk radio show quietly playing in the distance. I never saw shadow people or imagined the boogie man was coming to get me. Day 5 I'd get high one last time, it would be the last pull and more impurities, under-converted and acid than in the first doses, so I would go to sleep. Come down all weekend, rinse and repeat Monday morning.

My numbness comes and goes. I don't ever actually get excited about much anymore. I am capable of caring about my family, and my son makes me feel feelings of true happiness. It takes time, but over 4 years later I actually cry when I'm upset, and feel joy about small things again, like coffee in the morning or making a big meal. I have major depressive disorder, which I did not have before using and may also be related to domestic violence.
Thank you for this. Lot of info I didn't even think about so many of this. Thank you.

Man that was powerful. I feel that way sometimes myself.
It's like I've reached the Pinnacleand now the rest of my life is....anticlimactic.