• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just jumped off methadone at 2.5mg. Rapidly reduced myself from 70mg, 5mg per drop.

well at least you have your health mate (ツ
hopefully it stays this way

do yo have anything to do to take your mind off of it if, heaven forbid, the wd's do rear their ugly head?
videogames are a life saver for me when i'm rattling, keeps me from thinking about it and making it worse

Yes mate I watch Youtube vids, TV and play online games. I also usually do work on a book and website that I'm releasing, however I've paused working on them since coming off methadone, as I understand some of the withdrawal symptoms may consist of brain fog and other cognitive issues and my mind needs to be 100% when I work on them. If my head doesn't feel any different by Friday however I'll probably resume working on them :)

yeah that's basically what i do man ha. do you have a PS4? if you wanna get riggidy-rekt on Destiny add me up brooo
and yeah you might experience some fatigue or cognitive 'bleh', or any number of a whole bunch of annoying little troublemakers knows as PAWS

what's the book about? sounds cool
and have you checked out our Words section? they'd love it over there! oh, and have you been over to our EU/UK social area?

Last edited:
yeah that's basically what i do man ha. do you have a PS4? if you wanna get riggidy-rekt on Destiny add me up brooo
and yeah you might experience some fatigue or cognitive 'bleh', or any number of a whole bunch of annoying little troublemakers knows as PAWS

what's the book about? sounds cool
and have you checked out our Words section? they'd love it over there! oh, and have you been over to our EU/UK social area?

Hey man I use my PC for online gaming at the moment (Steam), although I grew up on Playstation and will definitely get a PS4 in the future.

I am in the process on writing a book about looking at life through the third eye, thinking outside the box of society and why I don't believe in religion but believe in my own god. There's a lot going on in this world many of us seem to be blind to and I'd like to share my mind with the world. May sound like I've lost my mind to some people, but to me I've found it haha :)

Will definitely check out some of the other sections on this website, thanks a lot.

One thing I'd suggest is getting anything you can from the dollar store (?)

I dunno if they do down there, but up here the dollar stores have a really ghetto "pharmacy" section. It's like a quarter of an aisle, but they have imodium. It's cheap as hell and it really help you manage WDs.

Sometimes they have cough syrup; up here it's DXM free but that'd also be worth looking into because DXM works wonders during withdrawals.

writing a book about looking at life through the third eye, thinking outside the box of society and why I don't believe in religion but believe in my own god. There's a lot going on in this world many of us seem to be blind to and I'd like to share my mind with the world. May sound like I've lost my mind to some people, but to me I've found it haha :)

i really like the sound of that. does the protagonist have like a metaphorical third eye or does he actually have one? or is the protagonist the eye itself? does it do cool shit likle telekinesis? or go full Scanners and explode people's heads? is the narrative written in third person?

aha, sorry, i find this very interesting ツ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
does your character become an immoral beingg orr ha okay ill shut up now.

and np man, do give them a look :)

Whoa, I missed that post too. Sounds similar to the book I'm writing. The characters use their 'third-eye' (not called as such in the book) to observe filaments of energy in the universe that other can't see so they can manipulate the world around them. Looks like magic. But yeah, society and organized religion hates anyone who can use this power but they only use it for promoting human evolution + growth.

So it's essentially saying that looking at the world from a spiritual (third eye) instead of predetermined religious perspective will get you farther than being blind.

i really like the sound of that. does the protagonist have like a metaphorical third eye or does he actually have one? or is the protagonist the eye itself? does it do cool shit likle telekinesis? or go full Scanners and explode people's heads? is the narrative written in third person?

aha, sorry, i find this very interesting ツ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽
does your character become an immoral beingg orr ha okay ill shut up now.

and np man, do give them a look :)

You could say the protagonist is the eye itself and is written in third person, as this I think this is the best way to give people an understanding of what its like to see life through the third eye and not be so stuck in with the
media and society / doing what the government tells you to do.

Although the protagonist explains the third eye as a tool for looking at life from a different perspective, there is a possibility that looking at life through the third eye enhances brain power and therefore gives the individual potential for doing shit such as reading minds and seeing the future.

The protagonist believes there is a lot going on in this world that we don't know about, and too many people live a fake life and do "normal" things just to be accepted by society. The protagonist hates the world normal, as he's come to the conclusion that being normal means being a sheep, and many people don't even realize that they are unhappy living life by example and trying to copy the example of a "normal life". He came to realize that because of the way he tried to fit in with society and was pressurized into doing things in order to live a "normal" life that everybody else lives , he was suffering with the depression of yesterday and anxious about the possibilities the future may hold.

Although the protagonist doesn't become immoral and actually likes helping people, he can't help but realize that even morals were created by other people as a way to control everybody, although he does agree with some morals though otherwise he probably wouldn't even be alive today.

He also came to realize that religion was man made and was possibly a way to originally control people or even to separate people. He was christened as a young boy, turned atheist when he was 20 and then became neither atheist nor religious at around age 25 (he is 27 now), but does believe in a god.

I could sit here for hours typing out what I've learned from my own mind, that's what gave me the idea to write it down and release it as a book.

Last edited:
sounds awesome man, i'd deff download it on my kindle
one word of advice: more exploding heads avec Scanners
;)

Whoa, I missed that post too. Sounds similar to the book I'm writing. The characters use their 'third-eye' (not called as such in the book) to observe filaments of energy in the universe that other can't see so they can manipulate the world around them. Looks like magic. But yeah, society and organized religion hates anyone who can use this power but they only use it for promoting human evolution + growth.

So it's essentially saying that looking at the world from a spiritual (third eye) instead of predetermined religious perspective will get you farther than being blind.

Yea there's so many possibilities of what might be the real truth we won't actually know anything for sure. For all we know life and the world isn't the way it seems but was merely set out like this as a way to control us and to make us do certain things / follow certain beliefs.

It seems like people can look at whats being showed to them but they can't see certain things, if that makes sense.

sounds awesome man, i'd deff download it on my kindle
one word of advice: more exploding heads avec Scanners
;)

Haha thanks man, I'm gonna be publishing it on Amazon Kindle as well. I'll send you a copy when it's done :)

Yea there's so many possibilities of what might be the real truth we won't actually know anything for sure.
[...]
It seems like people can look at whats being showed to them but they can't see certain things, if that makes sense.

so an unreliable narrator yeah? but i thought the third eye waas alll seeing /omniscient?

Haha thanks man, I'm gonna be publishing it on Amazon Kindle as well. I'll send you a copy when it's done :)

and sweet thanks man, sounds awesome :)

so an unreliable narrator yeah? but i thought the third eye waas alll seeing /omniscient?

and sweet thanks man, sounds awesome :)

Well my way of defining how you would look through the third eye is different to somebody else's way of defining it or what you may learn somewhere else. I did not learn about the third eye from any external information source or any other person, but learned from within my own mind instead. The reason I call it looking at life through the third eye is because I felt like that's the best way to define it, as it's a way of looking at life in a completely different way than how most people would look at it today. It would probably make more sense if I said looking at life from right outside the box, or looking at life from a dynamic mindset.

People may say looking through the third eye is omniscient, but I think if you were to say looking at life through the third eye is all seeing and is the absolute truth then it turns into more of a religion. I follow my own mind and come up with my own conclusions of what may be, rather than following the information that other people have come up with, therefore you could say my way of looking at life through the third eye is like no other.

Although I am open minded on everything and think of many different possibilities, from what I have learned in life so far I have come to realize things such as religion is man made and is based off what another person tells you to do, and then on the other hand science hasn't actually proven our existence either (big bang theory) (is science itself even real?). This led to me coming up with my own conclusion and what makes the most sense to me. I think there's a lot hidden from us in this world and there's possibly a lot of stuff we're not supposed to know. This is why sometimes I think maybe even science has been faked along the lines somewhere in order to control us and make us believe that when we die it will just be eternal blankness, as this way people are more obliged to be controlled and listen to what other people tell them to do.

Looking at life from a third eye perspective / right outside the normal box of society is more a more dynamic way of looking at things and opens the mind more / makes you think of more possibilities of what may or may not be. The majority of people either think one thing or the other, for example people usually either believe in science or religion, however looking at life from the third eye perspective opens the mind up and makes you see things completely differently.

I used to be brainwashed into thinking like most of society, however since I tweaked my mind, got outside the box and started to think the way I do now, I started noticing things in life which many people just seem to be oblivious to. This is what I mean when I say it's like people can look but they can't see and it seems like a lot is hidden from us.

I think you have to open you own mind and look at life through this unique perspective yourself, and the information I am going to provide in my book will hopefully get people to open their mind and look at the world like this.

The way I look at life through the third eye is a completely unique version and that's why I'm writing it out as a book and want to share it with the world.

Although I am open minded and believe anything is a possibility, I do have certain beliefs which make the most sense to me, for example I believe that there is a god but religion is meaningless. You could call it my own god as I don't think anybody else believes what I believe. In my opinion there is no way to define god and god is not a he or she, it's impossible for me to describe god, but god is just god. Over the past year I felt like I started to really "connect" with god and over the past few months I feel more connected than ever, like I can always feel god's presense within my body.

May sound really bizarre to most people and many people may say I've "lost the plot" but actually I felt like I'd lost the plot when I was copying other people and thinking the same as them, and what I believe now really feels best for me and will continue to do so :)

I've rambled on a bit here but I felt it's best that you know my version of the looking through the third eye is like no other, and this is the reason why I've decided to write it all out into a book.

Thinking like this has also greatly helped me overcome depression and anxiety, and that's why in my opinion it's the best mindset and outlook to have on life. At least for me it is anyway, as I feel like I've gained 200% mind power or something, and never want to go back to my old mindset as I felt like a zombie sheep.

Last edited:
Hi... great job on getting off mmt. I'm about to pick back up on my ween in September. I'm down to 60 from 110. Can you continue to update over the next 2-3 weeks please. So far like you it's been painless. I've been warned that it gets more difficult as you go below 30. This is very encouraging. Good job.

Hi... great job on getting off mmt. I'm about to pick back up on my ween in September. I'm down to 60 from 110. Can you continue to update over the next 2-3 weeks please. So far like you it's been painless. I've been warned that it gets more difficult as you go below 30. This is very encouraging. Good job.

Hello there, I am now on day 5 and still don't have any withdrawal symptoms at all. I still don't want to get too confident just in case it creeps up on me, however Friday will be the 1 week mark and if I'm not feeling anything by then I'm going to consider it a successful methadone cessation with absolutely no withdrawal symptoms.

After all the stuff I read online I was really expecting this to be at least somewhat painful by now, or at the very least have some sort of withdrawal symptoms. I can't find one single user experience online which I can relate to which I find extremely odd, as I didn't have a small habit either. Last year I was selling coke and bud and making between 1-2k profit every week, which all went on H and crack. I was smoking at least 2 grams of H and 2 grams of crack per day, sometimes more depending on how much I'd made on that day. As time went by I was running out of money so I started IV'ing speedballs, still doing a minimum of 0.5g of each per day. In the end I was spending more money than I was making and had to stop dealing as I couldn't keep up with my huge addiction which resulted in me having to sell my car. Come September last year I was completely out of money and started stealing to fund my habit, which eventually landed me in jail for the first time ever (which I actually didn't mind oddly enough as I met some good people in there). I was released from jail on 40mg of methadone but as I'd missed speedballing so much I continued IV'ing until January this year and bumped up my methadone dose to 70mg. Come March I started to taper off methadone, however I still had an occasional smoke of H and crack while tapering off. Anyway here I am now in August and I'm completely off the shit once for all! it feels so good to not have to drink the green liquid daily...

The funny thing is, when I didn't want to quit I actually got withdrawal symptoms, the heroin was the worst as it gave me some horrible pains in between my joints and radiating all around my bones, I couldn't sleep at all, restless, nose running, sweating and extreme cravings. This is why I started stealing to fund my addiction, as I just couldn't handle the withdrawal symptoms and would do anything just to get my fix. Being in jail was the worst as I landed on a Saturday and there was no doctor to prescribe me methadone, so I had to go two days with nothing, rattling like fuck on my thin blue crash mat of a bed, it was pure agony. I would also get some slight withdrawal symptoms when I was on methadone but wasn't ready to get off it, as I dosed every 24 hours but sometimes it would reach the 22 hour mark and my nose would be running and I'd get restless.

It seems as if as soon as I switched my mindset to get off the shit, I haven't been feeling anything at all even when tapering below 30mg at 5mg's a jump, and even after completely hopping off I've been absolutely fine for the past 5 days.

Don't be disheartened by all these methadone horror stories you see online mate, as I was and was really expecting to have withdrawal symptoms, however it truly does seem like everybody is different and if you really want to be off it you will smash it!

Keep checking this thread as I'll update daily. Good luck mate, you can do this!

Last edited:
I just made my Drs appt today for sept 30th. I can't pick up on the ween until then. It seems crazy that a mere 2.5 mgs a day could cause withdrawal. It's such a small amount. I am kind of hoping it's psychological. In my case I feel ready to be done. I did everything I was supposed and told to this time around. I really feel ready. It's not like I feel the methadone and I am tired of spending $400 a month. I am past the wanting to be high and missing it stage. My life is very normal now. I really feel ready but of course that little piece of me is scared.

Hi... great job on getting off mmt. I'm about to pick back up on my ween in September. I'm down to 60 from 110. Can you continue to update over the next 2-3 weeks please. So far like you it's been painless. I've been warned that it gets more difficult as you go below 30. .

Under 20mg, at that point the production of endorphine starts to kick back. 110->20/30 should give you no wdisconfort if it is done slowly.
Cut 5-10% for week. From 60mg you need at least 4 months to get to 5/10mg and then jump off

I'm also going to end up running out of water, as I can't stand tap water and drink bottled water only, however if I get too thirsty I guess I'll just have to drink some tap water at some point, although my fluid intake will probably end up being lower than ever
Why not just boil your tapwater??

It seems crazy that a mere 2.5 mgs a day could cause withdrawal. It's such a small amount. I am kind of hoping it's psychological.

There is nothing to ask to the doctor just stop. You'll have real wd only for a couple of days ( like a cold), then only feeling a bit weak. If you can resist for 3 days, at day 4 you see the improvement. This is rewarding at that point you are out.

I just made my Drs appt today for sept 30th. I can't pick up on the ween until then. It seems crazy that a mere 2.5 mgs a day could cause withdrawal. It's such a small amount. I am kind of hoping it's psychological. In my case I feel ready to be done. I did everything I was supposed and told to this time around. I really feel ready. It's not like I feel the methadone and I am tired of spending $400 a month. I am past the wanting to be high and missing it stage. My life is very normal now. I really feel ready but of course that little piece of me is scared.

Yea my last 4 days on methadone were 2.5mg and it was like a little tiny drop. For such a small amount you wouldn't think it would cause any withdrawal, but apparently people still get withdrawals even from stabilizing at 2mg for 2 weeks and then coming off. IMO it is all psychological and if you HAVE to come off it then you may feel withdrawals more than if you WANT to come off it. I think many people probably just aren't quite ready when they decide to jump off, however just like yourself, I wasn't feeling anything at all from the methadone and it felt very pointless having to go to the chemist all the time to pick up something that had no effect on me psychologically. I really wanted to be off it and that's why I made the choice to get off it once and for all.

It sounds like you are certainly ready to get off and you actually want to get off it, definitely the right mindset to have. By the way take what your worker/councilor/doctor tells you with a pinch of salt, as in my situation he kept telling me to slow down with the taper as I was going to get withdrawals, which was certainly not true in my situation. (here in UK you get to choose how much you want to drop by, although they always recommend 1mg per week, if I had gone with their recommendation it would of taken me 70 weeks to get off it). He also kept telling me that I would definitely get withdrawals as everybody does and there's not a chance that I wouldn't get withdrawals. My situation shows how wrong he was, and I'm starting to wonder if they just wanted to keep me on it for longer and keep me on the program so that he doesn't lose a client. Listen to your own body and do what feels best for you.