• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just had a tonsilectomy and am now on codeine/acetominophen liquid, is this safe?

Tryptomaniacs

Bluelighter
Okay so i just had a tonsilectomy done and my doctor prescribed me liquid codeine 1-2 tablespoons every 4-6 hours depending on pain.

In the medication there is 120 mg acetominophen and 12 mg codeine phosphate every 5 ml.

Now im a slightly bigger guy with a tolerance to these trypes of drugs and the pain is terrible so ive been taking 30 ml every 4 hours and so each dose im getting 72 mg codeine and 720 mg of acetominophen.

Yesterday was day one and i took around 5 doses so thats 3600 mg of tylenol, im not at all worried about to much codeiene as ive take 360 mg before and ive been fine im worried about my liver with the tylenol.

Was it unwise of my doctor to prescribe me such a high dose of acetominophen and tell me to take 2 tablespoons? Ive been trying to wait as long as possible before dosing but the pain is really intolerable. Will i be fine taking this dose for the next say week or 2?

If you guys know any way to remove the codeine from the tylenol let mw know because ill do that but i dont think a CWE would work on this liquid stuff oh and the whole bottle has 7.3 percent alcohol idk if that matters but when i take my dose my stomach hurts for about 10 minutes i am currently wearing a scopolamine patch untill tommorrow night for nausea and then i will probably switch to diphenhydramine for the nause. But if you guys have any idea id this is safe and if theres a way to extract the codeine that would be great :) thanks!

-Trypto

Well, the maximum dosage of acetaminophen per day is 3-4g. But taking 3-4g for a week or two seems pretty bad for your liver and stomach.
Your stomach hurting could be a sign of the acetaminophen damaging it, did your doctor prescribe any antacids like pantoprazole?

Nooo he only prescribed me the tylenol/codeine. I do have some antacid medication called lansoprazole its OTC do you think that would help? I dont think he would prescribe me anything else, i really wish there was a way to remove the tylenol but i acnt find anything, it is working fairly well for the pain though and it helps me sleep. This is the worst sore throat ever i may beable to get some hydrocodone, im not really aure what to do im trying to space my dose as far apart as i can but after 3 hours after i dose the pain is at its max, and popsicles and icecream arent doing jacks shit. Im thinking about just taking clonazepam with the codeine and passing out for the whole day or soemthing idk i feel like shit.

Sorry, I mixed up the names, acetaminophen isn't that bad for your stomach, so don't worry about it.
Any chance your doctor could prescribe you something more potent?

I asked for hydrocodone and he said no so i doubt hed prescribe me anything more than that, i think my lom has a few hydros left that she said i can have she just needs to find them so wish me luck!