• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Just got switched from 3-4mg xanax/day to 2mg Klonopin/day C/D...Will I be ok?

Alexander16

Bluelighter
I've been on xanax 3-4mg/day for the last month...Was on 30mg Valium/day for the two months before hand.

I normally only took 2-3mg xanax/day but my doc said klonopin is stronger and prescribed me 2mg today to be taken daily.

What can I expect? I switched due to the short halflife of xanax but valium made me depressed as fuck and retarded.

Will I experience xanax withdrawal with this abrupt switch? Is the dosage incorrect (I think it is based on the equivelancy tables although some say .5mg xanax=.25klonopin)

Ive never taken this med before, slightly nervous

Well, I think you should because of longer half life...xanax something like8-10 hours. Klonopin halflife-18-50 Valium-something ridiculous,probly why you felt deppresssed like I do on it.

I have been on up to 2 mgs of Klonopin. The most noticeable side effects were memory loss and feeling stupid which reversed itself after I got off.

Klonopin can be addictive and tolerance can build fast. It's best taken as needed, and increasing dosage gradually. If you are not anxious, don't take it.

I am on 6 mg per day of Xanax. But have tried Klonopin as well with less success. It just doesn't hit hard or quick enough for me in times of anxiety. I see how Klonopin could work for treating chronic anxiety disorders with maintenance anxiety relief, but as far as prn panic attack meds go, Xanax is just tops.

You won't experience any xanax withdrawal. They're both benzos. Any klonopin is stronger, although doesnt give you that short euphoric feeling like xanax. I take 2mg klonopin a day and have been for 3 years and before that i took 2mg ativan a day. But i switched due to the short half life of ativan which has a short half life like xanax. I used to take 8mg of xanax a day for 9 months before i was ever prescribed anything and the withdrawal was out of this world bad. Then I took 3 2mg klonopins and i was fine for like 4 days. The half life of klonopin is a lot lot longer than xanax so bottom line, no you will not go through any withdrawal.

And no .25 xanax is equal to .5mg of klonopin. Other way around. Klonopin is stronger and has a longer half life it just doesn't give you that short buzz like xanax. But all benzos, xanax, kpins, Valium etc will leave you with terrible withdrawal if you stop abrubltly even if you stop taking your klonopin and feel fine for the next 2 or 3 days. The half life will eventually run out so take as needed. Benzos are no joke. Even though people make them out to be harmless, they're super easy to get addicted to and the withdrawal isn't comparable to an opiate withdrawal not because its worse just because they are two completely different withdrawals. I get prescribed .5mg kpins but I always like to buy 10-20 (20-40mg) xanax bars every now and then to get that good ol xanax buzz. But I do recommended taking them as prescribed because the withdrawal is literally a bitch and a half. Payceeee

Kpins are a very subtle effect. I find they don't have that heavy hitting effect of most benzos, but they definitely help keep breathing relaxed and what not. Than again I dislike benzos.