• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just got RX'd Oxy 30s and Opana 15s for surgery

Methacodone

Bluelighter
Ok, I've been tapering 10mg of Methadone daily since Monday to get down to 40mg permanently and stay there.
I'm having my tonsils removed on Friday, the day I will be on 40mg of Methadone, tapered down from 90mg. It's a big chunk, but I'm actually glad that I'll still be on Methadone because I LOVE Methadone.
40mg is the perfect dose IMO to not get sick and get high on other opiates. The blocking dose MOST people say is 60mg.
My doc RX'd me Oxy 30s and Opana 15s for pain. The Opana is ER and of course the Oxy is IR (Roxicodone).

Oxycodone is my favorite opiate in the world. The good times I've had on it were remarkable. Opana is just as strong as Methadone, also IMO. I got #60 15mg Opana ER's 2x daily, and #120 30mg Oxycodone 4x daily.
My question is, will I get enough pain relief with these meds? I'm thinking hell fucking yeah I will. This is what I'll be taking daily-

40mg Methadone
30mg OPANA
120mg Oxycodone

I already have the OPANA and Oxy on hand today, but I wont start on them until after surgery on Friday.

NOTE- I talked to my Dr. about it and he said let me know if you're not getting enough pain relief, He's willing to raise my doses until I get enough relief.
But honestly, I think I'll be fine with those meds.

Honestly, I think you'd be better off sticking with one opioid and then adding a strong NSAID. Especially for surgery that results in inflammation. Opioids alone actually are poor painkillers, but in combination with a NSAID they can be ten to a hundred times more effective for pain relief. The antio-inflammatory will actually help reduce the swelling and such and will speed healing.

Methadone does not actually "block" opioids, people on it juet have a very large tolerance that makes most opioids seem ineffective at normal dosing. And it's worth noting methadone is also a NMDA antagonist which will aid in painkilling properties. But your oxycodone and oxymorphone should be able to at least augment it.

What I would do is, stick with your methadone, add about 600-800mg of ibuprofen or ~500mg of naproxen, roughly 3 times a day. If you have been prescribed another NSAID, like ketorolac or something, take that instead.

Avoid acetaminophen (not an effective anti-inflammatory) and avoid aspirin (bleeding/side effects risk).

The anti-inflammatory will be central to getting effective pain relief, you will likely be able to use way less opioids to get an equivalent amount of relief.

Last edited:
Honestly, I think you'd be better off sticking with one opioid and then adding a strong NSAID. Especially for surgery that results in inflammation. Opioids alone actually are poor painkillers, but in combination with a NSAID they can be ten to a hundred times more effective for pain relief. The antio-inflammatory will actually help reduce the swelling and such and will speed healing.

Methadone does not actually "block" opioids, people on it juet have a very large tolerance that makes most opioids seem ineffective at normal dosing. And it's worth noting methadone is also a NMDA antagonist which will aid in painkilling properties. But your oxycodone and oxymorphone should be able to at least augment it.

What I would do is, stick with your methadone, add about 600-800mg of ibuprofen or ~500mg of naproxen, roughly 3 times a day. If you have been prescribed another NSAID, like ketorolac or something, take that instead.

Avoid acetaminophen (not an effective anti-inflammatory) and avoid aspirin (bleeding/side effects risk).

The anti-inflammatory will be central to getting effective pain relief, you will likely be able to use way less opioids to get an equivalent amount of relief.

haha that's probably not what he was hoping to hear, but I totally know where your coming from on a pain-relief stand point. I had great pain relief after oral surgery with just my 40mg methadone and naproxen 2x a day. OP is very lucky to be able to get those kind of scripts right off the bat, but make sure you use them wisely. IMO those meds will be more than enough to provide adequate pain relief especially when you are down to 40mg methadone which is actually my current dose as well and I plan to stay on it for the at least the next few months.

sekio-

I wouldn't argue with that.
I have TONS of 600-800mg of Ibuprofen AND 550mg Naproxen Sodium.
I can use those on TOP of my opiates for better pain relief. Also, yeah I never liked Tylenol/APAP in the first place, Ibuprofen/Advil was always my NSAID of choice.
I know 100% what you're talking about Methadone NOT blocking other opiates. It just gets annoying how A LOT of people on HERE say it does, and when I do other opiates on top of my Methadone dose they always say 'why are you wasting your other opiates, methadone will block them anyway'...the people who are most annoying are people who say that who have never used Methadone before. I MYSELF have been on it for 3+ years, and I DO get high by using other opiates on top of my 'done. If you do enough, like I do, you wont waste anything and actually enjoy your opiate high.

Effect-

90mg Of Methadone was honestly TOO much for me anyways. I just like being sedated so I just kept raising my dose just for fun, haha. I was doing other opiates for MONTHS straight nearly everyday, including DILAUDID, Morphine, Oxycodone, and Hydrocodone, all on top of my 'done. I stopped them all at once, and yet, my Methadone alone still gets me super sedated through out the day, LOL.

40mg of Methadone wont have me sedated, but it will absolutely keep me from getting dope sick.
Now, adding Opana and Oxy on top, I'm in for a GREAT time. :p

I'll def. use my NSAIDs if needed for extra pain relief. :)

Fuck yes you will. I get 5 mg opana prescribed for breakthrough pain IR formulation I of course inject for 100% bioavailibility vs 10% orally, which could go up to 30% if you eat a high fat meal 30 minutes beforehand. If you get the activa or global pharmaceuticals (or is it impax? I mix the generic old formula OC with OM a lot). I have 30 mg oxycotin (ER) that I am aloud to have 2 every twelve hours as needed, but I try to keep it to one while I will probably aim for 60 mg in the morning and 30 mg at night.

I have a theory that this is the ultimate combo for opiate pain management. The oxy forms of morphine and codeine seem to be most selective to their main region in the opiate area (Morphine to MU and codeine to Kappa). I find that the kappa activity while being sedating with narcotic (sleep inducing) effects also creates a secondary effect that is not really stimulation, but prevents sleep from happening so easily as my eyes feel the opposite of heavy. With morphine I find that I get heavy eyes and sleepy although really only later at night if I stay up late. Raising the dose doesn't create a more sedating effect for me strangely. Oxymorphone is quite interesting too as it a 7-9 hour half life vs most other natural/semi-synthetic opiates only have a 1-4 hour half life at best leading to a short lived effect and quite a roller coaster ride of going in and out of starting withdrawals and then having sweet relief.

Now my recommendation... Get off the methadone as it binds strongly to the same area as oxymorphone. It only contributes NMDA activity, which I find disconnects from the superego leading to a really self centered personality. Instead ask for 20-40 mg of the ER oxymorphone although rather than dosing twice a day only using it at night time as it won't fully leave your system for 12 hours plus the 7-9*2=14-18+12=26-28 hours for the oxymorphone to be out of your system after the first dose and definitely pick up the generic global pharmaceutical formula, which is the same as the old stop signs. If you are not afraid of the needle and enjoy it definitely ask for the 10 mg immediate release oxymorphone to bang as they are quite interesting where I find morphine hurts bad, hydromorphone hurts good, and oxymorphone is just a gentle warm glow that instantly kills all the pain and then slowly creeps in with the "euphoria" and good feelings. Aim to use the roxi in the daytime, but I recommend that you get the 12 hour sustained released oxycodone (impax generic unless I mixed it with global pharmaceuticals, but quite positive it is impax) as those are also the old formula that can break down. The idea of having the sustained release is to maintain a minimal level of opiates in the system to keep your pain bearable and withdrawals away. With the immediete release of oxycodone by 4 hours withdrawals will start creeping and by 6 hours you will be in full blown withdrawals. A recent hospital experience after I walked into a street and was hit by a car trying to kill myself they gave me 10 mg oxycodone every 6 hours and it was hell as every 4 hours I would start withdrawing and by 6 hours I would be getting tense making me need to just jerk my body to the point if I had my head down in my hands in a chair and felt tense might end up throwing my head back without thinking risking hitting my head on a wall if I was sitting against a wall. Trust me using the sustained release will make the BIGGEST difference.

Personally unless I have oxycotins and immediate release opanas I end up using heroin even if I have dilaudid with norcos or percs although morphine with codeine keeps me from dope as morphine has sustained release formulas while hydromorphone doesn't. With morphine though my skin starts getting little red spots and tearing even from oral use. It's not the worst thing ever and really a mild reaction, but one none the less. Shoot me a PM lets keep in touch. I want you to succeed in finding a good regimen that works for you especially if you could stop the methadone. I really do believe that the oxymorphone could be a good replacement if you get your doses right. Also if your afraid of needles you can always put it up the nose as that's a 40% bioavailibility. I would love to teach you how to filter a pill into a saline solution that you can use as a nasal sprayer while reducing the damage keeping your nose hydrated, clean, and receiving less filler.

I wish the best of health to you. I know you have been around for a long time and know your shit.

awsome info thanls!!!!

just left dR today the painkillers im on arent doing anything , im RX'ed percs andthe pain is still rampant...ill toss in a NSAID and see how it goes

Just got back home from my surgery. I like how it was done over night, my check in time was 2am and my surgery started at 330am. I just got home at 730am. It hurts like a fucking bitch! And it's kind of gross how I have no choice but to swallow half the amount of blood, there's 2 cloths in my mouth, 1 on each side of my mouth to minimize the bleeding.

but, on the other hand, I feel quite fucking amazing. I took 30mg of Opana orally (I obviously can't snort anything at the moment), I also took 60mg of Oxycodone, and 1200mg of ibuprofen, all on top of 40mg of methadone.

i had my parents buy me a bunch of soups, ice cream, yogurts, and jello.

Im sitting here next to the window with an excellent sense of breeze hitting my face.
I just wish I can smoke a cig, but obviously I can't. I love smoking cigs when I'm opiated!

Not to mention, I had an AMAZING rush at the surgical center, After I woke up, I was in severe pain. So I got an IV of 4mg Dilaudid, 50mg of Promethazine, and 8mg of Zofran. IV Dilaudid is amazing!!!! Now, I have Opana RXd to me, and they say IV Opana is probably the most Euphoric opiate high any can have in the world! But no! I won't do it, i just don't IV even though I wish I can! I just don't want to go on that path.

IV opana isn't really a rush. It is like all the pain relieving effect, a warm sensation in the head, but a creeper feeling.... Honestly if you can get the amounts orally to have you nodding feeling food no need to IV especially as that will be a 12+ hour nod :D. Unless you have the IR opana do not IV and even then do not make a habit of it. With the ER if you have the old formulation you need to remove the coating (I would with iso pad), powder white core, dissolve in isopropyl 99%, filter through the coffee filter, and allow to evaporate to leave the oxymorphone behind with little to no filler..... Actually rereading what you said opana IV is a damn Euphoric opiate high. I go through about 40-50 mg split every 6-4 hours with my oxycotin. You can tell how easily it would be for you to develop a habit seeing my current one :p

Ps. 4 mg iv hospital grade dilaudid wowzers you must have been in heaven.

Edit: Might be too late unless you are a medical cannabis patient wherever you are. CBD oil derived from hemp (chill cbd oil) or any oral cannabis solution micro dosed will probably help a lot

Last edited:
Man I hate you right about now! Hell yeah you should be good after having your tonsils(or your heart,or stomach)removed. I take methadone for pain and have for 7 years now, and my Dr told me that was enough pain medication as it was, and then he took my tonsils out and bid me a good day. Most folks I know may get 10mg Norco after that procedure. Just enjoy it because you are one lucky mf'er!!!