• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just completed rapid opiate detox. Still feeling awful. help?

Seriously? Now I have no idea if his story is true, but to me it sounded like he was joking when he "dicksized" his friend. He was making a comparison.

Last edited:
Earlier this week I forked over <a lot of money> buck for a rapid opiate detox clinic. I was using around 1200mgs of oxy a day as well as lots of Heroin and whatever kept me from being sick. The clinic doctor was pretty impressed with my dosage, but told me the "clinic record" was 3500 mgs per day of oxy. Wow!. So anyways the doctor gave me 40x30mg roxis to get through the night and then I was sent to a hotel where I would be picked up the next day (Wednesday) for the procedure. The procedure was a nightmare, I had a horrible hallucination/nightmare under anesthesia and woke up in bed shitting myself and puking everywhere. I was told I was supposed to wake up in about "week 3" of detox. What I went through was 10x worse than any withdrawal ive been through. And now more than 72 hours later i still feel awful even though i have been prescribed a wide array of meds like valium, clonidine, gabapentin, soma, halcion, naltrexone etc... for the pain.

My question is has anyone else done this procedure? When will the hell end, I am very disappointed with the procedure.

In my opinion the doctors don't tailor the procedure to the depth of the patients habit. For instance my room-mate who was on 100mg of vicodin perday (pussy!) jumped out of bed and said how well he felt within 12 hours of the procedure.

Any ideas on alternative medicines, amino acids, anything to get me feeling back to normal, i feel like i just wasted 10 grand.

thanks alot
Hmmm, Im curious what clinic would give you 40 pills to get thru one night?! especially being 30mg roxis??No doctor in their right mind would even give one of these in a drug rehab...imo anyway. Id think the most they would give is phenobarb, and maybe lithium, but NO rehab would give an opiate to an opiate addict seeking treatment for addiction...just does not happen.

Plus, Ive not heard of many people in rehab for vics, most of the time, this is what people start out on, but once you are on H, using vics or even lortab, would be pointless.

Care to name the clinic that did this?

You're right. No doctor is going to give you 40 roxy's to get you thru one night at a hotel. Come on man, you can't con a junkie. Try being 100% honest here, nobody cares about the bullshit.

Trust me... I feel your pain. Although your post was rather annoying to read, rapid detox is no joke. My doctor injected me with vivitrol and gave me valium; Then he sent me home. He must have wanted me to commit suicide, I thought we were cool. Now that its over I thanked him, I feel like a new person. Just stick it out man.

Moral; It's not cool or brave to take grams of oxycodone, LOL, and never trust medical professionals (unless they just right your Rx but then be careful too) because they're all greedy cunts, just like the typical addict, in fact!

To everyone still asking OP questions: this thread is 3 years old..