• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just completed rapid opiate detox. Still feeling awful. help?

Can you afford a traditional 5-7 day detox at a mental health facility? They cost around 1000 a day I believe, not including medication costs. You usually have to put a deposit down for the first 72 hours.

I believe I read somewhere that crossroads antigua is actually a pretty good deal if you can get a plane ticket for cheap. You know, the place run by Eric Clapton?

If that is too much then perhaps there is a doctor who you can see outpatient who will prescribe subutex and attivan? I believe that a few days of attivan and a week of subutex followed by a suboxone regiment would be ideal.

I guess I'm in the minoity, but rapid detox, if u got the money, sounds fine to me. (Heck if u can burn 10k w/out any worries, why not use it to avoid some pain, especially if the fear of that pain is preventing u from getting sober)

I think that the problem is that it never lives up to people's expectations, they may not even avoid any pain, and that most people can't "burn through 10k w/out any worries". For example, I was previously thinking of doing this so-called "rapid detox" and certainly could not afford it but was considering doing anything I possibly could to save up the money or borrow it, that would have been every cent I had, but I thought if it really worked it would be worth it, since I'd tried every other method of quitting heroin without success (at that time) and I was desperate. Just because someone (or their loved one) manages to pay the 10 grand for this procedure doesn't mean they have tons of money and that if it doesn't work, no biggie.

The other thing is that in some cases people are worse off than if they hadn't tried this procedure. Quite a few people have died from it, and many have had serious reactions and even more suffering than quitting cold turkey.

Fortunately I thoroughly researched people's experiences before getting the procedure and so I didn't end up doing it, instead of just believing the hype from doctors.

It's hard to analyze this when there's so much contradiction, it makes no sense to me that a detox clinic would be up to their ears in roxis but they don't even have a proper 30mg prescription bottle to give the patient? "The only empty bottle they could part with" is silly.

There has never been a surplus of medication and a deficit in proper bottles. I don't think it's legal for them to dispense 1200mg roxicodone in the wrong bottle.

In my experience, if you're getting the original manufacturer's bottle, you're getting the entire quantity, and that looks to be a bottle of 100 x 15mg, I don't know why they would dispense anything other than 100 of the 15mg oxycodones, 40 x 30mg makes no sense whatsoever, unless your detox clinic is realllllly realllllly breaking the law and tampering with the prescriptions.

As for whether you're money was well spent, obviously not but you don't appear to have done the research, a rapid detox is a huge investment not only due to the financial cost, but due to the large amount of work involved by the patient after the detox, you can't pay for the major lifestyle changes!

To be honest, at this point I don't think the money was wasted at all. I'm feeling quite a bit better now and was able to go for a 1 mile jog today. I am not worried about relapse only about further pain management. I got started on the drugs in 2009 when a botched knee replacement left me with two left knees. After a year of insane amount of pain, another surgery and about a 100K malpractice settlement I was being prescribed 480 mgs/oxy a day. Well anyways

-The post acute withdrawals are unavoidable no matter what way you detox, with the rapid detox you pretty much skip right into the PAWS which while it still sucks, its better than cold turkey IMO. for me going from 1200mg to 0 would have been unbearable IMO

^I'm glad that you're feeling better now, and that you feel confident about not relapsing, I wish you the very best with your recovery.

I can't believe some of the ignorance in this thread, not to mention those who don't understand opiates and assume anyone with a decent tolerance must be a liar.

Glad to hear you're getting better Deathly and the rapid detox helped get you off your medication. Good luck managing your pain without opiates going forward.

Naltrexone will speed up the withdrawal process, it is not a magic pill and no clinic should advertise it as such. I would love to be able to afford a rapid detox and have naltrexone pumped into me while under an anaesthetic when the time comes for me to jump off.

I can't believe some of the ignorance in this thread, not to mention those who don't understand opiates and assume anyone with a decent tolerance must be a liar.
No one said that - it was nothing to do with tolerance - there were just some people who were surprised that a detox centre would give out that amount of take-home opioids and they phrased their surprise rather harshly. I think also some people forget that different regions are very different, as well as different kinds of detox centres and doctors.

Deathly - glad to hear your feeling better and you feel it has helped you :) Best of luck.

Yeah, I'm not trying to say anyone's lying, I was just pointing out a bunch of parts that logically and from a legal stand point make no sense from what I know about the subject, but I understand that every center is different and that doctors are also VERY different and often can surprise you.

for that much money why didnt you just go with an ibogaine clinic? those rapid detox scams are just that and a way for people to make a quick and hefty dollar, ibogaine on the other hand worked miracles for me and id go through 100 perc 10's and 50 oxy 40's in 3 days time . seriously look into ibogaine and do your homework. i have never even had 10 grand let alone 10 grand to spend on a very crappy scam like that.

Yeah, I'm not trying to say anyone's lying, I was just pointing out a bunch of parts that logically and from a legal stand point make no sense from what I know about the subject, but I understand that every center is different and that doctors are also VERY different and often can surprise you.

I wasn't referring to you tricomb when I said some people expressed their surprise a bit harshly :) you just said in your experience it was very unusual for doctors to give out meds in the wrong bottle.

Anyway, it doesn't really matter how much drugs they gave him, I was just trying to explain to opi8 that no one was saying the OP was lying about his tolerance or anything like that.

I actually personally know 2 people that did this same treatment, and "deathly" is NOT lying about getting the roxi's... when you get to the hotel they give you pills, BUT only enough to "make through" the night until the time that you actually go in to start the detox process..

One of my friends that went to this detox deal. didnt really say much about it, he just told me that he felt fine when he got back home from the detox, but then he relapsed like 3 weeks after he got home so he wasted all that money.. Iv pretty much only heard good things about the program, but I dont know anyone who stayed clean after they got back home.

-I quit heroin "cold turkey" 7 moths ago, I had a high tolerance as well, about 2 grams a day.. I could tell you what I did to get through my detox, if you want..?

Sorry for the misunderstanding. I do that a lot, must be the times I come here I'm often not really myself and/or in a negative frame of mind due to life circumstances.

And to mindash re: ibogaine, I personally know people who have gone that route successfully, well, for a time anyway. But there are a lot of people who call that the same thing as others have mentioned in this thread. It's also not without its risks, death has occurred on more than one occasion - probably because it isn't actually legal to use so for the most part, they don't do it in a medical setting and their is no license or course one must take before offering this service. It's something that has amazing powers and should be studied a lot more, but it isn't.

i couldnt agree more more, ive even come across information and 2 testimonials of it halting the progression of Alzheimer's disease. and yeah it does carry some risks but primarily for those with prexisting heart abnormalities namely anything that screws with the q/t wave and arrythmeias in general but the key i found since i didnt have the money to go to canada or mexico to go to a clinic and have constant monitoring was instead of taking a flood dose taking milder doses twice a day for 2 weeks and at the worst my heart felt like i was walking up a small incline but since it converts to noribogaine hepaticly it stays in your system for 4-6 weeks and any doses taken during that time period more or less stack but with less psychedelic effects while retaining the positive healing feedback loops in various centers of the brain. (appologies for typos and being scattered im exhausted and need to goto bed in a moment lol) but ibogaine imho has VAST potential if only it would be studied on a serious level and also i did come across a pharmacutical company in utah that already has a patent on it for treatment of dementia and various other neurodegenerative diseases

EDIT: oh and i forgot to mention also that aside from heart rythem abnormalities the primary cause of death is usually due to someone taking it, not thinking its working or it has worn off and injecting heroin leading to resp arrest due to ibogain being a MASSIVE opiate potentiator.

I think for anyone who did not/does not believe the part about the roxies, is just making a realization based upon the fact that it WOULD be totally illegal, un-ethical, and down right crazy. Speaking on behalf of only myself since i cannot speak for others, i have been wrong/moronic tons of times if this was all true i am a dope and made an assumption that was not correct, wouldn't be the first and certainly wont be the last.

Glad you are feeling better, and good luck with your journey.

Well I personally just completed a Rapid Detox from IVing 2-2.5gms of Heroin a day. This facility is located in Michigan and worked as advertised. This is a facility where do stay in a hotel after but do not fear. You are well taken care of the entire time. I chose to bring my own caregiver (Dad) and still a staff member stayed with me for 6 hours after I was brought to Hotel and then a Paramedic stayed an additional 2 hours. They primary work with your caregiver to help them administer the appropriate post meds. I am currently 6 days post procedure and my only regret was taking a Clonodine last night at 10. Hate be a zombie when I otherwise feel great. Look it's not without some pain but having been on & off heroin a better part of 22 years this was a thousand times better then cold turkey.

Additional Note: they do give limited meds to keep u comfortable. If any one is interested in further info just post your question and I will do my best to reply quickly.

Im glad this thread made a turn for the better because I seriously almost deleted my account after reading through some of the disgusting negativity that was being spewed on here. Im sure OP got the point that people believe it was a waste of money after the first couple posts, the 10 or 12 more that followed were completely unnecessary. The OP came here for help and advice, not criticisms and hate. I thought the point of BL was for harm reduction, education, and to help each other through the hard times we users often endure. Stay strong OP and take some of the good advice to heart about changing your lifestyle. Excersize and heathy eating are two great things to start with. Healthy hobbies like hiking and mountain biking are a great way to get your mind right while soaking in some of the beauty of life. Im sorry that you came here for help and were treated the way that you were by some. I hope for nothing but the best for you.

Why waste so much money on this? Why not just buy a gram of ketamine and go cold turkey yourself? It's the same anyway in my eyes because the first 7 days is not what's killing me at least when it comes to opiate withdrawal. It's actually sticking with the misery for months afterwards and not relapsing, that's the hard part.

Last edited:
Yeah after hearing so many horror stories about rapid detoxing, there's no way I would personally do it, especially with how much it costs.

The idea sounds great in theory, but the way they do it right now in practice just isn't enough. I'm sure at some point in the future, it will actually work like they say it does, but that time isn't right now.