• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just a quick question whether I should see a doctor or not

Ryan775

Greenlighter
So two days ago I insufflated 2 mg of dialudid (hydromorphone) and went to see a movie and then about 3-4 hours later I insufflated 4 mg. About 30-60 minutes after that, I was nauseas and then puked and felt better. 15 minutes later this happened again and after that I felt fine. Then, these girls picked a friend I was with and I up and we cruised around smoking cannabis for a while and then went to chill at a park by one of their houses. We smoked some more and then one of the girls boyfriend came and brought alcohol. Now I know you shouldn't drink on opioids because it can be very dangerous but I was so high I didn't even realize this. Then after drinking probably between 5-7 shots. About 30 minutes later I felt like something was really wrong and I felt like I was spinning anyway. Then on the way home I had to ask the person driving (who was sober luckily) to pull over twice so I could puke. Then when I got home I puked a bit more in the toilet and I felt like something was really wrong and I knew it had something to do with the combination of the hydromorohone and the alcohol and I felt like I was going to die. I started freaking out because I knew I made a big mistake by drinking. After that I started having a really hard time breathing and staying awake. I laid down on my bed with my friend right next to me and I had a trash can incase I puked more. I puked once more into the trashcan and then the worst part came. I was slipping in and out of consciousness because I kept passing out but my friend had to keep shaking me because I wasn't breathing everytime I passed out. I knew this was happening but I literally couldn't do anything to stop it other than take as big of a breath as possible everytime he shook me up and even that was hard. I was gasping for breath and couldn't stay awake. Eventually this subsided enough to where I could fall asleep and continue breathing so my friend let me sleep and went to bed as well. Then just tonight he told me what I puked into the trashcan he's pretty sure was blood. I know what happened that night was serious and I'm guessing I'm lucky to be alive but I am really worried about the fact I was possibly puking blood. Also my chest hurts like it hurts to take deep breaths and it's not like inside the lungs it feels like it's outside and I gagged from brushing my teeth this morning and it hurt really badly. Should I try and see a doctor or do should I just wait it out a little and see if I notice any other problems?

I'm sorry if my last post was not clear. Post once and others will reply. Do not double post. Waste of time.

I did not mean to double post I clicked the wrong thing or something that made me post it again.

if you can go see a doctor without too much incovenience it wouldn't be a bad idea. Youll probably be ok but those symptoms sound a little worrying to me.

Go see a doctor, just to be sure, puking blood is almost never a good sign. What color was your blood ? Bright red could be a sign for damage in your esophagus and black/coffee like for damage in your stomach/gut. What did you eat that day ?
Hope you feel better soon :)

While I tend to doubt the hydromorphone caused the problem (unless they were some sort of bunk pill) in the first place (or even the alcohol) I think it might be indicative of an underlying problem. Maybe an ulcer? (and it sounds like it might be a bad one). I'm not a doctor though but those aren't good signs.

Nausea and throwing up, yes very common with opioids especially combined with alcohol. But blood and looking like coffee? Doesn't sound normal.