• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Just a quick question whether I should see a doctor or not

Ryan775

Greenlighter
So two days ago I insufflated 2 mg of dialudid (hydromorphone) and went to see a movie and then about 3-4 hours later I insufflated 4 mg. About 30-60 minutes after that, I was nauseas and then puked and felt better. 15 minutes later this happened again and after that I felt fine. Then, these girls picked a friend I was with and I up and we cruised around smoking cannabis for a while and then went to chill at a park by one of their houses. We smoked some more and then one of the girls boyfriend came and brought alcohol. Now I know you shouldn't drink on opioids because it can be very dangerous but I was so high I didn't even realize this. Then after drinking probably between 5-7 shots. About 30 minutes later I felt like something was really wrong and I felt like I was spinning anyway. Then on the way home I had to ask the person driving (who was sober luckily) to pull over twice so I could puke. Then when I got home I puked a bit more in the toilet and I felt like something was really wrong and I knew it had something to do with the combination of the hydromorohone and the alcohol and I felt like I was going to die. I started freaking out because I knew I made a big mistake by drinking. After that I started having a really hard time breathing and staying awake. I laid down on my bed with my friend right next to me and I had a trash can incase I puked more. I puked once more into the trashcan and then the worst part came. I was slipping in and out of consciousness because I kept passing out but my friend had to keep shaking me because I wasn't breathing everytime I passed out. I knew this was happening but I literally couldn't do anything to stop it other than take as big of a breath as possible everytime he shook me up and even that was hard. I was gasping for breath and couldn't stay awake. Eventually this subsided enough to where I could fall asleep and continue breathing so my friend let me sleep and went to bed as well. Then just tonight he told me what I puked into the trashcan he's pretty sure was blood. I know what happened that night was serious and I'm guessing I'm lucky to be alive but I am really worried about the fact I was possibly puking blood. Also my chest hurts like it hurts to take deep breaths and it's not like inside the lungs it feels like it's outside and I gagged from brushing my teeth this morning and it hurt really badly. Should I try and see a doctor or do should I just wait it out a little and see if I notice any other problems?

Go to the doctor. Don't mix any more. Probably blood from all the puking. I can't tell you other than go to ER. I hope you learned.

Your fine I did the same thing at this football party the weed probably just had you parinoid and you had a panic attack as for the puking u downed 7 shots and probably weren't drinking any water cuz opiates do that they leave you feeling like you don't need water, but if you only take the hydromorphs and you like I would talk to a doctor and see about switching to percos or lortab

Most people on this forum will tell you to go to a doctor and you should really listen, don't make assumptions

The fact you puked blood is the reason you should go. I think you are no longer in any danger from ODing but vomitting blood should always be cause for concern. It may be nothing, but better to know.

Reminiscing on Dave Chapelle's bit on smoking with white people after reading this. Sounds like your through the worst of it but it won't hurt to get checked out so you probably should.

The safest thing to do is seek some kind of medical attention to verify that you haven't done anything serious to yourself. That is the only responsible suggestion I can make in the name of harm reduction, but in reality, it sounds like you just overdosed and are feeling the effects of the combination.

I'm guessing you don't have a significant tolerance to opioids, but please correct me if I'm wrong. As you've stated and you are apparently already aware of, combining opioids with alcohol, or any two CNS depressants for that matter can be dangerous. In most cases, there is a serious synergy between the combined substances. 5-7 shots on top of a moderate dose of opioids is no joke.

The fact that you vomited your guts out is not surprising. Opioids alone can and usually do cause this effect in both experienced and inexperienced users. Vomiting repeatedly can cause some serious pain in both your esophagus and your stomach area. This is most likely the pain that you are experiencing, but there's no way to be sure.