• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe jumping off 1.5 mg (spoiler alert, it sucks)

PS I do agree Dr. is misinformed. But in his defense he told me to jump off at 0.25, it was ME who decided I could do it at 1.5. And I have never been more wrong about anything in my life.

Calcium magnesium supplements, chamomile tea, exercise, high protein diet and PRN clonidine if indicated by a medical professional.

Last edited:
I kicked sub at a similar dose last year. For me day 10-12 was the worst just because I had gone a long ass time without sleep and was close to a total nervous breakdown. I didn't have benzos or weed which would have helped tremendously. Symptoms improved noticeably at day 17. But I still didn't feel right at day 35 when I relapsed. My advice is to eat comfort meds like they are going out of style. Benzos, weed, clonidine, flexeril. Maybe even an ssri for the crippling emotions.

Calcium magnesium supplements, chamomile tea, exercise, high protein diet and PRN clonidine if indicated by a medical professional.
Some of the better withdrawal aid advice. Definitely nutrition and exercise before comfort meds while clonidine to ease the excessive pounding heart, maybe benzos to relax, and maybe gabapentin if it works for you to quelm pain and/or RLS

OK, so I'm here at day 22. And you guys were right. After 8 days of acute symptoms I couldn't handle anymore and I got some oxy and took 30-45 mg per day for about 7 days. I was out of time at work and I panicked. But I knew what was still ahead for me. After that ran out I resumed and more or less picked up where I left off. And it was hell. After the acute symptoms wore off I was just not getting any sleep, I was getting 4 hours max at night at collapsing for a nap during the day.
week or two of that and I was a mess. I am lucky enough to have a sympathetic doc so I have clonazepam and doxepin and visteril (which helps with the RLS, somewhat) and it sounds like that helped.
I've lost about 12 lbs I have been eating little but taking supplements provided by my wife. Not sure exactly what, she go the advice online. For me though the best help has been exercise and music (driving in the car and blasting hard core shit I haven't listened to since the 90's) and screaming at the top of my lungs along with Scott Wieland (RIP). Last night was my first full nights sleep in over 3 weeks. And today I can't say I feel great, but I feel alright. No desire to use at all, there is some logic to this process.
It was the worst experience of my life without a doubt, how I managed to keep my job is amazing in and of itself. I still feel jittery and off, but it's less every day.
The 8 days before I cracked earlier this month were the longest I've been clean in 7 years. Today is day 7 since the oxy (which leaves you much faster). Saturday (my birthday as it happens) will be day 9, the longest I've been clean in 7 years. 7 years.
They need to use Sub as a get on/get off thing I think. Not as 'maintenance' as they did with me. 5 years of Sub my body is still trying to figure out how to handle its absence.
One thing I've been bad about is nutrition. I'll need to eat better, otherwise I've been doing what Prescottdave suggested, even the chamomile.
Thanks to all. I'll report back when I'm 100%, whenever the hell that is.
drGian

hi. I'm new here have been on oxycodone for a year down to 5 mg now just started today.can I stop after 2 weeks of that or should I go even lower? Thanks so much,