Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

JTV Friday 20 October 11:25pm

party with care

Bluelighter
Watch the story in two friday's time on ABC. Steve Cannane following a story he is very passionate about - sniffer dogs and drug laws, in NSW in particular. He has been following my partner's story the last 6 months about being criminally charged as a supplier for being in possesion of 2 (!!!!) xtc pills and the ongoing legal battle (its barely begun -6 months on). It'll be presented on the HACK program.

if you miss it, you can stream all the hack programs from http://www.abc.net.au/jtv/video/segment_HACK.htm

anyway, be careful what you carry in sydney - 0.75gms is NOT very much! also please don't be stupid like us and get caught - the legal costs, the headaches and possible criminal recrod which will affect some of your international destination choices for the rest of your life, are not nice... its also completely rediculous the quantities for possession vs supply in regards to MDMA. and the fact you are branded a criminal for using something that only makes you a sincere happy person empathising with those around you...

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the show, will be sure to watch it.

It's amazing how shit our drug laws are if someone can be charged with supply of a prohibited drug (I assume this is the charge?) for carrying 2 ecstacy pills. He wasn't caught selling them to someone or anything was he? I feel for you and you partner if this is the way we treat people in this country, it's appalling.

I really hope sniffer dogs are taken off our streets, and soon.

Go Steve!
Indeed!! =D =D
Just when I thought it was time to pack my bags and go live somewhere where people aren't pointlessly pursued for personal substance use, and where politicians actually read expert reports commissioned by their own parliament Steve comes along and saves the day! Gotta love jjj!

being criminally charged as a supplier for being in possesion of 2 (!!!!) xtc pills
Thats incredibly fucked up! Love the point they make where the weight of the drugs in inclusive of the baggie weight! So yeah if your caught with 2 - .5grms - and they're in a baggie - .3grms - your totally screwed! I hope you get through this one ok.. hopefully you'll get an enlightend judge who will see how insane that charge is :\

yep quite fucked up - no large wads of cash on him, no other perephenalia, and for what could be only 0.5% MDMA content for all we knew, the whole friggin weight is considered pure MDMA (one could only wish this was the case....)

so not only is the baggie included, if the pill is only part MDMA, the WHOLE pill is considered the illegal substance so if you get caught with two pills that, for all you know, may be some talcolm powder and paracetamol preseumed to be xtc, then 100% + baggie is weighed in and considered to be entirely the offending substance.

this sucks more when the stuff that is less pure sometimes comes in larger presses so you could get done for 'supply' more easily.

PS: i'm looking forward to the HACK interview - i wasn't involved in any of the filming nor was i there in person so i dunno what to expect at all! looking forward to it! all i know is there will be face blurring - we'd be screwed for our work if anyone found out (shouldn't be like this... but theyare so old fashioned and conservative) we thought we couldn't let this stay quiet and were even advised by our lawyer to not be 'matyrs' about it but the story couldn't be left untold coz something needs to be done about these laws in NSW.

^I'm with you! What has happened to our country.. since when does targeting personal drug use benifit anyone! This shit has gotta stop.
tom.jpg

Well I feel a little stupid wondering why it wasn't on last nights show ;)

^lol, so did I! waited up and everything.. gotta start actually reading stuff properly from now on =D

I'm not sure if it is the same in NSW but in Victoria you have the right to get the substance chemically analysed so the actual weight of the illegal substance is then found. Ask your solicitor about this.

i'm so sorry guys - i got overexcited and posted early - it will be on this Friday, 20th october.

in regards to getting it tested - it does get tested - for the presence of the substance. in NSW they will not consider what percentage of the active substance in present. I know there is a law written up stating this - but i don't know what it is - all the legal speak confuses me...

Just watched JTV....

.....as per usual, government not wanting to answer questions, and those they do answer, are complete bullshit.

Hope "Mike" gets a little bit of leniency. Thats fucked.

What the Fuck!! that made me really depressed! :(

The government didn't answer any questions even with the illogic of the whole thing reported plainly to them by their own reaserch.

The list of authorities "unavalible for comment" just showed the total disregard the authorities and people in power have for drug users. They put up slogans and new policy design aimed at "rehabilitation" and "support" for people who use drugs but then they simply choose to brush off an issue such as this that is obviously going lead to more harm than good - for everyone!

I don't know when the NSW elections are but "commiting political suicide" as that one expert said could pay off if people were to actually be informed about the insanity of such a stringent law. They should have also mentioned bag weight plays a part since the officers cannot actually open up the baggies due to counter corruption laws. So people in nsw start carrying your stuff in glad wrap.. if those doggies find you with .75 worth of "pill" your going down for supply.

Hope steve getting it on JTV and reporting it the way he did will make people as angry as I am about this shit. I never realised our culture was so insanly blinded that such a blatant injustice can just be shrugged off and hopefully forgotten about :(

ilikeacid said:
What the Fuck!! that made me really depressed! :(

The government didn't answer any questions even with the illogic of the whole thing reported plainly to them by their own reaserch.

The list of authorities "unavalible for comment" just showed the total disregard the authorities and people in power have for drug users. They put up slogans and new policy design aimed at "rehabilitation" and "support" for people who use drugs but then they simply choose to brush off an issue such as this that is obviously going lead to more harm than good - for everyone!

I don't know when the NSW elections are but "commiting political suicide" as that one expert said could pay off if people were to actually be informed about the insanity of such a stringent law. They should have also mentioned bag weight plays a part since the officers cannot actually open up the baggies due to counter corruption laws. So people in nsw start carrying your stuff in glad wrap.. if those doggies find you with .75 worth of "pill" your going down for supply.

Hope steve getting it on JTV and reporting it the way he did will make people as angry as I am about this shit. I never realised our culture was so insanly blinded that such a blatant injustice can just be shrugged off and hopefully forgotten about :(
we are hopeing that too. I made myself more depressed today reading lonely planet's guide to europe - the laws are so lenient there! and yet why do we not hear of any supposed drug problems like we have here? In portugal you can carry even cocaine and heroin on you and its decriminilised!

oh the 'no comments' really shitted us too...

btw court case date finally confirmed.... scary stuff to think in europe, prolly would have just got a slap on the wrist - not a $8000 legal bill (feel sorry for the ppl who can't scrounge up this kinda money and end up in this situation...), a possible criminal conviction, and months of anxiety....