• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Joint rolling: Tips, tricks and your techniques

Seriously, if you browse to www.google.com and type in 'joint roll tulip' you will receive many sets of instructions on how to roll this famous joint. Many have pictures of every single step in the process.

Search engines are not hard to use, and Google in particular seems to provide useful results from the most obvious search keywords... for example using those keywords I mentioned earlier, the FIRST HIT is a webpage called Rolling the Tulip at EveryoneDoesIt.com...

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/info/rolling/rolling_tulip.htm

BigTrancer :)

8)
Shit. god dam it, I'm not going to tell you how long i looked on google without success, it's too embarrasing!

Thankyou BT, you've made one more stoner happy

*bump* Do you have a masterpiece signature J ?

I usually roll from 3 papers laid out like so, tearing the excess below the fold in the middle paper (...... line) off when it's ready to be sealed. at a little less than 2x the length of a 1 paper joint, it's just right for sharing among friends ;)

Code:
.----------------.----------------.
|----------------|----------------|
|        .----------------.       |
|        |----------------|       |
'--------|................|-------'
         |                |
         '----------------'

BigTrancer :)

Last edited:
phase_dancer said:
... Personally, I think the first 2 tokes from any joint are the best for taste...

They are usually the best, though the harshness, taste, and burning, of a well rolled joint shouldn't change much over the entire length of the joint.

My only advice is that the only true test is how well a joint smokes. Sometimes they look a little dodgy but smoke brilliantly, other times it can look the number but burn off line and be harsh as all hell.
Also stoke! I think stoking is by far the most critical step in making the perfect joint.

often if I want a j larger than just a single paper (heh, pretty much always ;)) but not quite the size of 2 papers I'll join one to the other sideways like so:

Code:
                 ||------|
                 ||      |
                 ||      |
                 ||      |
|================||      |
|                ||      |
|                ||      |
|----------------||------|
(excuse the crappy text art)

sometimes I'll fold the corner of that big thing, lick it then tear it off, so I'm not smoking too much paper, but the majority of the time I can't be bothered.

while I often like to smoke my cones green, I find with j's there needs to be at least a little baccy otherwise they won't stay alight (as some poor guy at the station a few weeks ago found out when I had to borrow his lighter every 2 tokes, after a while he said to just hold on to it until I was done.. hehe)

[Edit: my text art came out completely screwed up.. hopefully adding the code tags fixes it up]

[Edit 2: okay, still screwed up, fixed it so it looks fine in notepad, looks screwed here.. hopefully this works]

BigTrancer: instead of using a third paper to hold the two together I fold a paper in half with the glue facing outwards, wet the glue and put it in between the two papers, press firmly then remove it, doing this transfers the glue from the third paper onto the other two which can now be pressed together and stick fine, the third gets discarded, less paper ends up in your lungs this way.

..what the?!?! HUH?!?!?!

OKOK...I have NO idea if your taking the mickey out of NZers with that light the bud and pass it round scoop but er...Ive been a smoker a good 10 years now and never in my life have I seen or heard of anything like that...

Peeps I know might mix with tobacco or they might not...generally not at all...if a small quantity of MJ is all thats to be had J's are generally just broken up by hand or in a muller and rolled on into a zig zag blue...some like filters others don't...some get big papers others don't...

With the run of the mill quality in Australia (I wouldn't care to make a general comment but in my experience your bud's are shit...) you guys shouldn't be too fussed about tobacco unless oyu just want to mellow out your high...your buds should burn just fine and dandy if you break them up enough...I remember making an absolute ass of myself in Amsterdam trying to show a coffeeshop owner how we smoke joints in NZ only to have the incredibly dense haze not even burn at all...

Im actually amazed at how little I have to add to this thread considering...those are some pretty nifty lil joints you guys have all concoted tho :p

Cyberdyne: as a tourist anywhere I don't think you can really judge the quality of the drugs.. of course your connections are going to be better at home..

unless it's really dry bud or bush, it simply does not stay lit without tobacco, no matter how much you break it up (I usually break it up with my hands, but I've experienced this with chopping it finely with scissors and using a coffee grinder..)

my technique has been developed over th many years i have smoked.
and since my other friend who always smokes with can roll a joint with 4 hands, + i am fussy bastard.

MJ:
depends on how dry it is.
Dry (crumbly) - lithly press betwwen fingers so you dont get any branches.
Medium - peel leaves an buds off (dont chop it)
wet: leave it to dry :)

i have noticed if i chop it fine it will burn evenly but faster, and the smoke is like a cigarette, (no good) i like it in lumps

Paper : Zig Zag Slims (da bomb)
filter: card board piece (please dont use naything that got ink or is shiny. about 3 cm long, roll it as thin as you can
now place it so that it is sorta ponting the top right corner
place some tobacco at the end, so you dont waste anything,

use proportionately 1 part tobacco 3 parts MJ
mix well and roll
now roll with an angle so it turns into a nice cone.
lick the middle so you got somthing that's holding, then finsh it off and pack it (which ever method is cool for you)

i know the reverse method as well, but i dont like it as the paper gets soaked in tar and by the time i reach half way it's already harsh.

+ never put seeds, they just stink and leave a bad taste in your mouth.

^^I second that seeds comment, they also have a tendancy to explode (like popcorn), sometimes sending the cherry flying.. it's not like they contain any thc anyways