Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

JJJ looking for long term users...

mrmichael

Greenlighter
Hey Everyone,

I'm a reporter from Hack, the current affairs show at Triple J. We want to do a piece with people who have been using ecstasy for some time.

We're thinking years of use...the longer the period the better really. Australian's or those living here preferrably.

We want to tease out the discussion about why people keep using, what you get out of it, environment you do it in, whether those things have changed over time, whether the crowd you do it with has changed much, the impacts of using long-term...if the high is diminished i.e. it takes more for same feeling, is the comedown harder, any social impacts.

Any ideas on areas to discuss would be welcome.

Like always with our show you can remain anonymous or use a fake name.

Cheers,
Michael Atkin
email: [email protected]

The only thing I am wondering about is why you only want people from Australia. If people are emailing the information then you aren't doing live interviews or anything of that sort. Where does location come into play?

They're an Australian radio station (with a youth/alternative demographic) so they're probably more interested in what local youth are doing, rather than Brits or Americans. That'd be my guess, anyway.

Michael, you might also want to post this in the Australian Drug Discussion forum. We certainly have Aussies who post in this forum, but you'd find more over there.

I think you will also find that some may be interviewed in person for use on air.

Would probably have more luck with this in the Australian section of the forum?

Would be interested, but I don't think I qualify, only been using MDMA for 18 months or so.

Hi Guys,

Just to clarify...we're looking people just to post or email me at this stage. I haven't decided on a focus for the story or if it's going to happen yet. The Aussie thing is just what we would limit it to for a story like this...apologies to the overseas folks. Thanks for everyone's postings keep them coming. I'll also try some of the other forums suggested.

Cheers
M

sign me up ;) i think its great that Australia's most informative radio station is recruiting bluelighters to the cause................................. :)

Last edited:
Good idea for a story, let us know when it's on, OK?

I'd participate, but I've only been using for almost three years, not sure if that's long enough for your needs.

I just hope that the information obtained is used in the write manner, and not manipulated like we have come to expect when it comes to peices in the media on drugs. Tends to be a lot of bias and bullshit most of the time. Forgive me for trying to protect us, thats all.
What I do like is that you have come to the right place, when it comes to drug experience and people which are into harm reduction and using as safely as possible.

I may be interested. Been using ecstasy on and off for 4 years. 3 years pretty solidly, been taking it easier as of late however.

Would enjoy contributing to something that helps in spreading proper information about things like this, not government crap and misinformation. Christopher Pyne anyone?

hazza, I wouldn't worry about it - the hack program have proven themselves in the past. Infact they won an award for unbias reporting towards drugs.

Could i please get a few seconds to get my voice frequency modulated @ 107.7x10^6Hz and tell everyone that their excess seratonin gets converted into hydrogen peroxide and that no other drug has influenced me as negatively as E ?

I'm not sure what quite to make of the hydrogen peroxide comment, but if you've been negatively influenced by the drug then by all means that should be welcomed into the argument. After all, an article that just has users who have nothing but positives to say about it would be just as bias as the ones that imply any drug use is morally wrong.

ill message you now, been using e or MDMA for bout 8-9 years now... cheers

email sent, been dropping bickies for about 15 years

ive been using ecstasy since 1990 and continue to do so, Ill email you

are you able to respond to my latest email? or did you not receive?