• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Jiggas horse racing and sports betting thread

Whosajiggawaaa

Bluelighter
I will use this thread to express the highs and lows of go big or go home gambling.

For the past 2 weeks I have been making consistent profit by using good money management, good research and game selection as well as not overdoing it. Betting one or 2 games or having one or 2 bets on any given race card and stopping - not numerous games for prolonged lenths of time.

Today I deviated from this , started making big bets out of my outside of my bank rolls limits on a UK cards I hadn't researched - thus the losses felt more painful and fucked with my betting objectivity and made me wanna chase. I resisted their luckily.

So today was the first bad losing day in 2 weeks.

Things I did wrong:

Bet uninformed, followed commentators tips blindly, bet steeple chases, poor money management.

Lost the most betting steeple chases (races with jumps and often green horses) I have been told to avoid them unless I like losing money and not watching my bet sizes.

What I learned: I will only carry on being profitable if I stick to what I know works however tempting it may be to go find constant action (to chase the rush and use gambling like a drug essentially) instead of waiting for one or 2 specific events and treating them objectively with no emotion win or lose bet size is important there, if your bet sizes are within your bankroll, losing days won't hit you so hard emotionally and make you do stupid things like chasing losses with ever increasing bets that at the time seem like viable options to rectify the situation - but only digs you deeper .

My over/under soccer goal betting (spanish la liga today - often a lot of value to be found in goal betting here , bookies often are way too generous here (la liga)with their odds) . That helped mitigate the losses of the Uk steeple chases.

Net profit or loss for the day in usd's: - $86. But it coulda been worse with my track record.

Lets see how this goes. Will update here from time to time.

Any and all horse racing and non-american (am pretty clueless with american sports) sports betting is encouraged ITT too.

PEACE!

Today was better. Made close to a hundred usd in an over (2.5) goal bet (porto over 2.5) and some 2 horse racing betsone of which was a double (small parlay), mile handicaps(not steeple chases) - tipped by friends who had done there homework.

100 usd in - I'll take it. hopefully my graph will continue upward and yesterday was merely a blip on the radar.

I'd recommend you taking a look at parlaying (i'll use yankey terms) thai soccer games in over/under goal bets (doubles/trebles max - nothing crazy), parlays generally are not a good idea - but when you are extremely conifident about 2 or 3 games it makes sense to parlay em for increased value). there are usually a lot of goals in Thai games and there are games tomorrow.

Might post my selections later on.

My last 2 bets for the eve are currently in progress for this eve one of which is a $10 silvestre de sousa (champion jockey) double on rcs 6 and 7 at new castle at nearly 7/1 (when I laid the bet, has since shortened) - have watched some market support for these horses and slvester is only riding n 3 races this eve the one before this he got unlucky at the jump and ran unplaced . The first leg came in while I was typing this post (race 6) - now just needa close the double with race 7.
I think he(de sousa) will want to make up for his recent uncharacteristically disappointing runs. Just one more leg to go and I get 70 usd back on my 10 usd bet. That would close the day on a high ohnofosho!
Also in progress is another 10$ usd bet on over 2.5 on the betis v malaga la liga game - I thought it was way over priced at 12/10 my side - so I put 10 usd on that (a very small % of my bankroll). Score currently 1-0 in the first half. Hopefully close the day with that coming in too.

Either way I'm happy with today at 100 usd up even if the aforementioned bets lose.

As always feel free to initiate sports betting or racing discussion. And any SA specific racing questions I'll be happy to answer.

My first bet for saturday 24/09 and it's an over 2.5 goal quaddie/parlay (gonna have some single bets tomorrow after speaking to some more serious punter friends).

Leg Event Event Date Bet Type Market Price Original Bet Revised Bet Reason Revised Status
1 Soccer - Thailand - Premier League - Sukhothai Fc Vs Bangkok Glass Fc - Total Goals 2016/09/24 13:00 M/W 5 - Over 2.5 0.45 45.00/100.00 45.00/100.00 Active
2 Soccer - Thailand - Premier League - Super Power Samut Prakan Fc Vs Army United Fc - Total Goals 2016/09/24 14:00 M/W 5 - Over 2.5 0.70 101.50/145.00 101.50/145.00 Active
3 Soccer - Spain - Primera Division - Las Palmas Vs Real Madrid - Total Goals 2016/09/24 20:45 M/W 7 - Over 2.5 0.40 98.60/246.50 98.60/246.50 Active
4 Soccer - Italy - Serie A - Napoli Vs Chievo - Total Goals 2016/09/24 20:45 M/W 9 - Over 2.5 0.65 224.31/345.10 223.90/345.10 Active

I just copied pasted from the online betting account I'm using this weekend, sorry for the jumbled nature of the bet ticket.

Last edited:
Well I lost 400 usd yesterday and today. Made it back multiple times then blew it.

Mistakes: degen martingaling - ever increasing my bets to cover losses and show a profit.
that and full blown tilt.

When I subtract my profit from during the week the loss only works out to 153 usd.

Still can't afford to be having these dgenathons. Need to be profitable. Need to keep a cool head and stop tilting.

Like I completely destroyed the thai soccer games by doing what I told you guys - parlaying over 2.5 goals. But i blew that profit and then some on games and horse races I knew nothing about.

Sigh. FML

I will hopefully recover this loss, and not by martingaling (don't feel like going broke just yet).

To be continued....

what is your strategy for managing your bank roll?

alasdair

Well today I am pleased to report a long odds uk racing treble (3 legged parlay for the yanks)came in. Making todays net profit 550 usd and putting me well back into the black. This has done wonders for my peace of mind. But shows how I was getting emotionally attached to my bets cos I was betting too big over the weekend, not using any bankroll management. I always struggle with consistent good bankroll management.

what is your strategy for managing your bank roll?

alasdair

I have found I am most consistent when I only risk 5-10% of my total betting bank roll on any given bet, that way I am not emotionally attached to the outcome of said bet because I am not playing with scared money and can approach the bet and its outcome objectively as a result. In practice though I find this difficult to maintain because it can get a bit tedious. But if you wanna make money CONSISTENTLy and not deal with huge swings in your fortunes it (the above approach) is definitely the way to go.

onwards and upwards

^was a good day :)

going forward I want to focus more on soccer goal betting and less on racing. racing can be a bit too intense for people with degenerate tendencies such as myself. I will Limit myself to no more than 2 horse bets a day regardles of the outcome.

Before any serious horse bet is to be placed SOME reading should be done of the form of said horse and form of jockey on horse . best source for UK racing form for me is at the races website and the racing post (paid membership) and time form (uk racing), for SA racing - computaform, form grids and gallop. But I am steering away from SA racing as I seem to make most of my consistent money on uk racing as well as doing more goal betting in soccer (good track record there). For my soccer bets I like OLBG (website), the soccer database fussball.wettpoint, and I like to glance at bet seek too (very basic and easy to navigate).

As much as it pains me I am moving away from punting SA racing due to the declining integrity of the sport here - easy rides from jocks working with bookies (jocks get caught not riding horses out to the line even impeding their horses from winning deliberately)and get off with small fines), horse doping COMMON place - if you caught juicing your horse you pay a small fine and it's swept under the carpet, unqualified and stipendiary stewards that make arbitrary decisions and the rampant nepotism and the cronyism of trainers/stipes and the board of the NHA. It pains me to stop punting SA racing because I have friends who are friends with trainers and family friends who are owners and friends of owners and am more knowledgeable about it than UK racing. But I wanna start making consistent money so I can't follow my heart.

I hope by limiting the amount of bets I take each day (maximum of 2 well researched horse bets and 2 "" "" soccer bets on any given day), sticking to correct and proportionate to bankroll betting size, doing my homework and studying before making bets as well as good bank roll management (never betting more than 10% on a given race or game (20% in rare and exceptional) instances. I hope that making these changes will take my game to the next level and starts making me consistent money.

We will see, only time will tell.

Last edited:
Well today I am pleased to report a long odds uk racing treble (3 legged parlay for the yanks)came in. Making todays net profit 550 usd and putting me well back into the black. This has done wonders for my peace of mind. But shows how I was getting emotionally attached to my bets cos I was betting too big over the weekend, not using any bankroll management. I always struggle with consistent good bankroll management.

I have found I am most consistent when I only risk 5-10% of my total betting bank roll on any given bet, that way I am not emotionally attached to the outcome of said bet because I am not playing with scared money and can approach the bet and its outcome objectively as a result. In practice though I find this difficult to maintain because it can get a bit tedious. But if you wanna make money CONSISTENTLy and not deal with huge swings in your fortunes it (the above approach) is definitely the way to go.

Haven't we been doing this long enough to know that there isn't really any make money CONSISTENTLy angle?

^Cos I never practice what I preach in the above posts. But I reckon if I did I would definitely maybe achieve it.

I used to make consistent money playing online poker before it was made illegal here and my live game ain't bad. the last game I played I cleaned up.

But winning consistently is not an easy feat.

The more nay sayers the better to get me amped to do this - bet with strict discipline.

Well today I only had one bet. A soccer double (parlay):

(1) Over 2.5 - 0.45 (W)
Celtic Vs Man City - Total Goals
Stake
X (Into):
(1) Over 2.5 - 0.5 (W)
Arsenal Fc Vs Fc Basel - Total Goals

Paying out 15/10 and as of half time 9time i'm writing this post) the City game leg is in with a score of 2 - 2 at half time and the arsenal game is looking like it will come in as well (you never know!) with a score of 2 - 0 at half time.

Bankroll will have grown by 80 usd more in the last 2 days if this double comes in. If not I still show a profit since my last post but not 80 usd.

EDiT: SOOOOO SICK! what a beat.some tilty recoup/chasey bets + PL omahaha knocks my earnings from yesterday and today to -120 usd in the negative.

but i still plan on keeping this upwardly (albeit still quite spikely - but upward nonetheless, everthemore) trend going on the profit graph

Last edited:
BOOM
just closed this uk racing treble (was at work so didn't get to watch the races but appar they all came home VERY LONELY!)

Bet Date Bet Status
2016/09/29 14:04 1737.00/300.00 Result (Winning)
Leg Event Event Date Bet Type Market Price Original Bet Revised Bet Reason Revised Status
1 Horse Racing - Warwick - Race 1 2016/09/29 15:00 M/W 1 - Peter The Mayo Man 0.57 171.00/300.00 171.00/300.00 Result (Winning)
2 Horse Racing - Warwick - Race 2 2016/09/29 15:30 M/W 5 - Wholestone 1.50 706.50/471.00 706.50/471.00 Result (Winning)
3 Horse Racing - Newcastle - Race 2 2016/09/29 15:40 M/W 3 - Sincil Bank 0.73 859.57/1177.50 859.49/1177.50 Result (Winning)
Using a south african bookmaking website for this bet so divide the figures by the current forex rate.

Needless to say it negates yesterdays swing and puts me back on course profit-wise.

I know pros advise against parlaying bets (doubles and trebles) but sometimes when you dealing with horses that are practically penalty kicks like those 3 it makes sense to box em up in a treble for the added value you get.

Last edited:
Will keep this update short and sweet. I made about 45 usd today on uk racing . Would've been more if it wasn't for the everton /palace draw.

edit: today (01/10/16): was a day of missed opportunities and bad timing. end the day 5 usd in the negative. but if I had been more on the ball today could have been extremely profitable.

Last edited:
^ i forgot about this thread. but basically i have been mostly breaking even or making profit. So yeah I think I am improving as a handicapper. well yesterday was a killer day hit a boxed quartet which paid 112/1 then a boxed trifecta which returned 25/1. Always nice when these bets come in.

Also all of my goal bets have been coming in too since saturday.

I shoulda back 'City tonight , I watched Barceloa play grenada on the week3end (had a small goal punt) and noticed how subpar they were and had a gut feel that if they were so mediocre with a shitty team like grenada on saturday - man city must have a real chance in beating them. It seems I wasn't alone with this theory as although barcelona went off bookies favourite I could see 'City was being heavily backed on all markets.

City beat barcelona 3-1, my hunch proved right. but i didn't act on it. I knew whatever happened there would be goals so I took 40 usd on over 2.5 goals yielding a miesely 20 usd profit. also 2 horse win bets came in today. wasn't a goliath day like the last 2 with the trifectas and quartets but a winning day is a winning day.

Hey, I like your strategy, how are you now, still betting, or you gave up? Actually gambling can be very profitable if you know how to play, and if you are doing small but strong steps.

sorry, you missed your chance for a spammy link... bye bye