• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Jamshyd

still in shock after finding out about this first thing in the morning. it may be a few days before it really hits me and the waterfall starts. :(

its sad to hear, although i didn't know him personally, like others i used to be in awe at the vast intellect and insight that came through in his posts.

Damn. I will never forget reading about his adventures in Asia with ketamine. This has been a horrible week for bluelight.

What a lovely individual. Very sad.

I just can't come here to BL anymore, it's too painful.

One of my most favorite people, despite the fact that we'd never met IRL. I will miss you dearly, cousin. :(

According to the authorities in Dubai, he died of natural causes, probably liver failure. He has had health issues in the past year as of his last trip to Azerbaijan and he might have traveled prematurely. For various reasons, his funeral is being held in Dubai today.

Because of what Jam told me in private about his health, I know there is more to the story. Hard to know for sure what is the truth because the authorities and his family might not reveal other causes. What I do know is that Jam was really looking forward to this trip and starting his new life, so it was likely something unforeseen. His cousin told me that suicide is not suspected.

Such sad news

My thoughts to his family and loved ones.

Rest in Peach Jamshyd

Gutted to hear this.

Like willow said, we had our ups and downs over things that were so trivial that I can't even remember them, but we always made up with each other straight away. I always loved his posts, and was in awe at someone living the life he did in the places he lived.

RIP Yaz.

I really liked this guy, he was so interesting and smart. I enjoyed a few pm's with him. He fascinated me. What a great loss to the world.

My condolences to his family and friends <3

I was gutted when i learned Jamshyd had died. He was one of the few posters that i remember being around and really looking up to when i first joined BL that i still kept in contact with. I really wish i had met him but he was never in Ontario at the same time as me and now i never will get the chance :( . You think you will have plenty of time to meet someone just like you will have plenty of time to do such and such then something like this happens and only then do you realize just how fleeting time really is.

RIP my man you will be missed <3

Fuck, another true legend. So sad to hear. I'm going to miss that brown text.

Never spoke properly, but peace brother. x

I'm largely speechless; this is so severely shocking in particular because Yazan seemed to have been doing so much better on multiple fronts. He presented such a unique combination of a sharp critical mind (which revealed itself so readily and immediately), curiosity and well construed enthusiasm, and kind empathetic concern demonstrated so often in deed; indeed, one could say that he was a 'loving misanthrope' (having a totally different outlook toward 'people' versus 'a person'), and thus holding unique potential to positively transform the lives of those around him and perhaps society more generally.

You will be sorely missed. . .

3JetXgI.jpg

ebola

Sad to read of another BLer gone too soon :\

Jamshyd's posts were so thoughtful and thought-provoking... I always enjoyed reading his contributions over the years.

RIP

Last edited:
lovely post, ebole <3

According to the authorities in Dubai, he died of natural causes, probably liver failure. He has had health issues in the past year as of his last trip to Azerbaijan and he might have traveled prematurely. For various reasons, his funeral is being held in Dubai today.

Because of what Jam told me in private about his health, I know there is more to the story. Hard to know for sure what is the truth because the authorities and his family might not reveal other causes. What I do know is that Jam was really looking forward to this trip and starting his new life, so it was likely something unforeseen. His cousin told me that suicide is not suspected.

thanks for this. the mystery was bothering me quite a bit.

My heart goes out to everyone affected. It seems we really lost a valuable soul here, but it's so great to see all the good things he can be remembered by.

fuck, fuck, fuck, and refuck

His cousin told me that suicide is not suspected.

Some will find this weird, but I think it sucks even more.

If someone commits suicide, at least s/he wanted it and got rid of the suffering.
But, he didn't even want to die.
<3