Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television 'Jackass'/CKY star Ryan Dunn killed in Pa. crash

He definitely had a history of poor driving, many violations including reckless driving and DUI within the last few years....

Is there anyone here who has their license and can honestly say that they have never exceeded the speed limit or drove while high on something? I know that I cannot....

Considering the circumstances, who is really to blame? Auto manufacturers who promote vehicles capable of tripling the speed limit? Bar owners who have parking lots in their establishments? The individual who is influenced by popular culture and tries to have fun and maintain the status quo?

You really cannot blame someone for taking the freedom that is offered to them, objectively speaking, that is. The law can be bought, sold, and outmaneuvered. It is up to the individual to do what they feel is right and people will always make mistakes.

^ what a cop out. if people took responsibility for their actions instead of trying to blame everybody but themselves for their own shitty decisions, the world would be a whole different place...

alasdair

Is there anyone here who has their license and can honestly say that they have never exceeded the speed limit or drove while high on something? I know that I cannot....

Considering the circumstances, who is really to blame? Auto manufacturers who promote vehicles capable of tripling the speed limit? Bar owners who have parking lots in their establishments? The individual who is influenced by popular culture and tries to have fun and maintain the status quo?

You really cannot blame someone for taking the freedom that is offered to them, objectively speaking, that is. The law can be bought, sold, and outmaneuvered. It is up to the individual to do what they feel is right and people will always make mistakes.

I think maybe very young people without fully developed brains are not capable of this kind of decision making. This guy was like 30 though, had previous incidents and was still drinking and driving insanely in a Porsche.

It's hard to feel sympathetic for someone who drives recklessly while inebriated, especially with a history of getting into automobile accidents.

At the same time I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Except Bryan Cranston.

Pegasus said:
I think maybe very young people without fully developed brains are not capable of this kind of decision making. This guy was like 30 though, had previous incidents and was still drinking and driving insanely in a Porsche.

Everyone is susceptible to influence.

of course we are. but being susceptible to influence and taking responsibility for our decisions and actions are not mutually exclusive.

alasdair

Not me. Maybe I've done 70 in a 55, or driven on stimulants or a benzo, but I've never driven 130mph while shitfaced.

Dunn is to blame here. Sure, he had a fast car and the bar let him get drunk but ultimately he was the one who made the decision. Blaming the car manufacturer for making the car would be like blaming a gun manufacturer for a homicide, it takes the responsibility off of the person who made the decision to use the product in a way that could harm himself or others.

Sure you can. I'm sure we can all agree that mistakes were made here, both by Dunn for driving drunk and the passanger for getting into the car. He could have just as easily called a cab, or not driven three times over the speed limit.

I grew up watching Jackass and was a fan of Mr. Dunn, but I can't see how someone can blame anyone but him for what happened. It's fortunate that he didn't strike another car at that speed.

At the same time I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Except Bryan Cranston.

I did a triple-take on this comment because I couldn't believe anyone would wish harm upon Bryan Cranston. What has Bryan Cranston ever done to you? Bryan Cranston never did nothing to nobody, he just wants to teach you about space (From Earth to the Moon), how to deal with your kids (Malcolm in the Middle), and how to make meth (Breaking Bad). Apologize. Apologize to Bryan Cranston.

Last edited:
I did a triple-take on this comment because I couldn't believe anyone would wish harm upon Bryan Cranston. What has Bryan Cranston ever done to you? Bryan Cranston never did nothing to nobody, he just wants to teach you about space (From Earth to the Moon), how to deal with your kids (Malcolm in the Middle), and how to make meth (Breaking Bad). Apologize. Apologize to Bryan Cranston.

Well he did do a few episodes of The King of Queens. I can see how that would have chapped Max's ass, but that should be more of a Kevin James death wish.