• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV'ing Normal Saline after quitting opiates to help?

Chris42393

Bluelighter
When I get ready to IV my H, I personally get a "rush" (or high) in itself simply setting up all my IV equipment and IV'ing the gear itself. Does anyone else get a "rush" setting up your equipment and IVing in general? And do you think it would help after I quit Heroin (simply IV'ing Normal Saline)? Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

Chris

When I get ready to IV my H, I personally get a "rush" (or high) in itself simply setting up all my IV equipment and IV'ing the gear itself. Does anyone else get a "rush" setting up your equipment and IVing in general? And do you think it would help after I quit Heroin (simply IV'ing Normal Saline)? Has anyone ever done this?

Thanks,

Chris
There's a few parts to this and I'll try my hardest to stay on topic here while still explaining a few things...
1. Although I'm not feeling good enough to go out of my way at the moment to find a link (I just went cold Turkey off oxy and norco a couple weeks ago) I have read this article in the past so I know it's out there if you feel like looking for it... they have done a scientific study on multiple types of "downers" (norco,oxy,H, a few others I don't remember) and found that there is a link between people actually feeling better instantly (both physically and mentally) as soon as they realize they are about to score their DOC. So part 1 is yes. Just knowing you're about to shoot up CAN help you feel better. However, that's likely due to the fact that you know how you're about to feel from it. So sort of yes and no.
2. Although I'm no doctor, I'm fairly certain that IV'ing saline would keep you better hydrated therefore feeling slightly better than not being as hydrated. Along these same lines however, unless you've got a big ol' bag of fluids running I doubt it's going to be significant.
3. Lastly, just remember that your mind is a powerful thing and what is probably going to help you more than anything is what you personally believe. If you believe it will help then it will. If you believe it won't then it won't. (There have also been many studies you can find on the power of suggestion/placebo effect to back this up)

Thanks for the reply Wizard! Guess ill keep giving it a shot and see how it works. I can't go back on Kratom again, because I got addicted to that as well... Ill have to stick with Marijuana for my pain, since that works well and for some reason, I dont get "addicted" even though I like it.

Thanks again Wizard,

Chris