• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction IV'ing morphine tabs? safety tips?

returntoexploration

Greenlighter
been awhile since IV'ing anything, wasn't always the most informed back in the day but on paid leave for the next year and got 3ct 15mg morphine CR tabs. Just wanted to experiment with them and see how it feels hitting all at once.

haven't been able to find much info on this specific pill but understand that there are many risks to IV'ing pills. Wondering if this is inherently more dangerous than other for any reason.

Reading that ulcers and such are a risk due to particles that wont dissolve. Only have cotton for filtering, wondering if ulcers are a risk on the first injection or if that's more so of a risk for regular users.

Also wondering what dose to go with have some fun as well as good preparation techniques. warm water? cold water? is flame needed? only one do one at a time? or all 45mg at once?

wheel filters are obviously the choice but will cotton be sufficient if only doing these 3ct 15mg tabs? with 3 injections tops?

no plan to experiment with this pill again just curious if it's worth a go or not worth the risk

it is not safe. period. it's fucked up my kidneys. if you absolutely must, get micron filters - but understand those are going to take like 50% of your product in the filtration process :/ honestly pills are fer eating :(

No pills are safe to inject. All the XR/CR morphine tabs are especially problematic if I'm not mistaken, due to their release mechanism. They pretty much all utilise various polymers, mainly variants of hydroxycellulose, to slowly release the api. This makes it extremely difficult/impossible to efficiently produce an injectable solution. Without carrying out an actual extraction procedure I wouldn't really bother. You could always make a gloopy gel mixture with crushed pills and extremely cold water then plug it. Its gonna be your best bet other than oral.

I wont go as far as to say this method is “safe” but it does reduce potential harm to an appreciable extent.

Place ~10cc water (preferably sterile distilled) into container, add “pinch” of table salt, should have a very mild taste if you decide to taste it, too much salt will hinder the concentration of M in the final solution. Place container in freezer for approx 1 hr, i have went with less time, experiment, ymmv, tho dont allow to freeze, small ice formations are acceptable. When water is “ready”, clean and prep the area you intend to work in and grab a few paper towels and generous portion of cotton, i find cotton balls work better than swabs or cig filters. Lightly dampen section of towel (tap water, water in freezer is for actually dissolving the goods) then gently rub pill/pills to remove outer coating while keeping tabs as dry as possible. After removing coating further dry with non dampened portion of towel. Crush tabs and place in your choice of reservoir, needs to have capacity to hold atleast 3ml in addition to pill mass, leaving room for stirring and not spilling. A 3 cc or larger syringe with no needle works best ime but isnt necessary. After placing dried crushed pills in preferred container add ~ 1.5 cc per pill and stir/ shake if using syringe. Once again, experiment with water levels to obtain results optimal to you/the formulation of M. Dont remove water from freezer til youre ready to use, you want it to be as cold as possible. After pill has dissolved (longer is better, 3 min is a good starting place and any longer than 10 is overkill), filter thru cotton. If using syringe method, place cotton in barrel prior to pill/water and push thru to filter, i prefer this. Alternatively one could mix in one syringe and backload into another outfitted with cotton to filter. I prefer using 1. Cotton once compressed with plunger will be 1/4-1/2 inch “thick”, pre-wetting cotton increases yield but remember to push excess water out before adding pills and water. After filtering, inspect solution and filter again if necessary, micron filters should be used but im writing this under the assumption that they wont. After final filtering, prep injection site and inject.

This method has reliably produced a clear solution with viscosity of water. Said solution produces results on par with pharm IV Morphine at comparable dose, however the concentrations one can produce with this method are much higher than any vials i have encountered, stay safe and enjoy.

See the issue is the polymers used. Hydroxy (propyl/methyl) cellulose is a thermoset. So it's viscosity is determined by the temp of solution. You can prep the solution using extremely cold water and it will appear as a low viscosity liquid, but as soon as it warms up and approaches room temp (let alone body temp) it forms a high viscosity gel. It may look fine to shoot, but I'd imagine that quickly changes once the polymer enters your vein and hits body temp. turning back into a goopy gel.