• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin IV'ing Help & Tips

TheMostSpecialK

Ex-Bluelighter
I have been fucking up the crooks of my left and right arm. I usually do not need a tourniquet when I shoot up, but have been fucking up recently. I harm reduce A LOT. Alcohol swabs, clean my needles before and after, and I use a new one a lot. Recently though I haven't been able to get a new one, and I won't be able to until Friday.

My left arm is all messed up and stuff so I stopped using it, and my right arm (both crooks) now has a hard vein, not sure what that means.

I have trouble hitting different veins. Any tips or advice?

Edit: You really should stop shooting until you have someone to show you proper technique I just went over your recent posts and if you JUST learned the needle needs to be facing you, it is no wonder you have destroyed your arms. It does not take more than one or two misses to completely lose and arm if you miss bad enough. A member here was shooting ambien improperly and lost his arm above the elbow.

Last edited:
I do not shoot unless I register, and I have NOT missed bad AT ALL. I shoot very slowly, and i test the waters before I go all the way.

My issue is scarring and ruining my veins. I have a proper technique for shooting in the crooks of my arms, and I don't know anyone who shoots up. I just am not good at hitting the rolling veins. I just CANNOT draw blood in them, it's a pain in the ass. I have lightened up and only shoot when I'm starting to feel sick - At most 3 or 4 times a day for now.

I've been using a tourniquet every time now and it helps a lot more than I thought it would. Just still having trouble hitting other veins.

My impression here is you have run out of syringes and have been using the same one for how long now? If you shoot 3/4 times a day and have used that syringe for a few days it's going to be real blunt. There is a picture on this forum somewhere comparing first use to 6th use and the tip of the syringe is bent and jagged. That is why it becomes tougher and more painful to get through the skin and vein and does more damage. Hence the scarring. I primarily shoot the crook of my left arm and after a while it gets a tough lump indicating scarring so i move on. Your right leaving those veins because they will eventually collapse. but though I am no expert at IV'ing I would say the reason your having so much trouble hitting those rolling veins is because your using such a barbaric, blunt instrument not the surgical tool that is a first use syringe. My only real advice is too get a fresh one. You say you can't 'until friday is this due to not being able to get to a needle exchange/ pharmacy or something? You can get some next day through major online retailers (nevershare and BD microfine 1ml ones are good and though you can't talk about sources you can figure out where they are by googling). You say your physically dependent so I would really recommend picking up a 100 box of needles sometime, I use each one maybe 3 times so they last. My only real advice is that you need to get at least one fresh syringe as soon as possible because your damaging your veins and making it much more difficult to hit them. Friday is awhile away if you shoot up that much keeping fresh syringes on hand is essential I think even though I'm not that deep in myself

Maybe get some fresh syringes like that through guaranteed next day and smoke till they come (which would also give your veins a small break to recover a little). I'm not sure how hooked you are though and don't know how much smoking would effect you this deep (or try plugging with like of those needless syringes for oral administration or something - I have no experience in this area but understand the bio-availability is good)