Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

IV'ing Dexamphetamine.

noddyboy

Greenlighter
Can you shoot up dexies?

Bit broke at the moment, but got my hands on some dexamphetamine.

I know it cant be healthy but anyone got some first hand experience on this.

Any info would be greatly appreciated

Last edited:
Yeah, like other amphetamines, dexamphetamine is water soluble (1:10 Dexamphetamine Sulfate in Water), so you can dissolve the drug from the tablet in water and inject.

Crush the tablets up and let them sit in a bit of water, mix it around a few times to encourage dissolution. The volume of water you use will be dependent upon the number of tablets you want to prepare, adding enough water to avoid an excessively gluggy consistency, which would make it hard to draw the juice through a filter and into a syringe. (If you are gonna inject a relatively large volume of liquid, do it slowly so that the vein has time to take in the fluid, and that way none will flush out of the entry hole and into surrounding tissue).

A really important thing to remember is to filter the mix before you shoot - the tablets contain 5mg dexamphetamine as well as other excipients that are not water soluble and are likely to cause problems if you inject them.
---Your best bet is to source a 0.22 micron (removes gack/particles and most microbes) wheel filter from a pharmacy somewhere in your area, or try your local user's association or online if none are available.

Other pointers include general good practice with intravenous injection, e.g. always use sterile fits, wash hands and swab the injection site before and after puncture, try to find and use Sterile Water for Injections (comes in little vials), etc.

Also expect your veins to constrict after you inject the dex; it will make most of the veins around the injection site tighten up and they will shrink, so if you want to boost with another shot you may have more trouble trying to hit a vein.

**Inject slowly.
**Please filter, you will fuck up your delicate blood vessels if you don't bother to do that, and you'll lose your chance to continue enjoying drugs into old age.....

I've heard some horror stories from people who have done this and left their arm in a bad way from what I assume is the binders in the pills. If you are going to do it take charlesbronson's advice and make sure you filter carefully.

Didnt work dude

Unless the 10mg tabs that we used have a different filler to the 5mg you refer to, you are incorrect. We tried many diferent ratios, even with a tiny amount of dex the solution still turned to glug being impossible to draw through a filter.
I was persistant and after time managed to get some unfiltered glug into the barrel I shot that and it did nothing.
I think the 10mg dex are sustained release so maybe there is some other ingredient that made it turn to glug.

Does anyone have first hand experience with this?

^ do you have the brand name? I might have an excipient list somewhere...

General pointers for slow release tablets -

Crush the tablet/s as fine as possible. A folded glossy magazine page can work well if you've got nothing else.

Use cold water. This prevents the glug factor. DON'T heat your mix. The dexamphetamine will dissolve in cold water fine.

Use more water. This also reduces the glug factor. 1 to 2ml per tablet is the go - and yes - that's a lot of water if you're planning on mixing up a few at a time.

Do a pre-filter through cotton wool. This will stop your micron filter blocking.

Do use a micron (pill or wheel) filter. The tablet binders etc can't be removed with cotton wool alone. They will accumulate in places like your heart valves and your lungs, and can lead to big problems down the track.

Wheel filter selection - a 0.8micron filter will get rid of anything capable of blocking even your smallest blood vessels. A 0.22micron filter will remove bacteria and fungi as well (but not viruses like HIV and hepC). If you're not sure where to get'em, PM me your location and I will find out for you.

Good luck and safe shooting

Nah I dont have the brand name.
They were in a clear/yellowish plactic container with a white cap.

We eventually used alot more water than 1-2ml per tab and still could not draw it up.

^ Describe what your tablets look like. Are they pretty big? Maybe that is why the solution stayed gluggy at ayjays recommended volume, because they are bigger than the small 5mg tablets that we all assumed you had.

As far as I know, 10mg dexamphetamine tablets aren't available in Australia - only the common 5mg white tablets are on offer.

Seeing as though you have an unmarked container, are you just relying on some dodgy seller's word that it is dex, or do you have any other reason to believe that the tablets you have are dexamphetamine?

You may well have felt nothing because you have bunk tablets, or who knows what.

Go for what ajay stated '0.8micron filter'!. same goes with ritalin.

They are thicker than the 5mg ones.
I hadnt heard of 10mg ones either but the person I got them from is prescribed 1 a day. ( didnt buy them)
I've eaten them they are deffinately dex brought back memories of my childhood when I was ordered to take 5 a day.
When I thought about the ratio given it seems a bit pointless, how much dex could you get from one shot? Anyway whatever ratio I used it was still glug.
Not to worry,
I gave it a shot!
Really appreciate your help guys.

On the container it said dexamphetamine 10mg I'll have a good look at one of the tabs tonight I cant remember if they have any print but I kmow there thicker than the 5mg, have a separation grove/cross dividing the tablet in 4.
Different texture as well, the 5mg are more solid and shiny, these onse are crumbling a little bit in the bag I've got them in.

^
in most countries dex-amphetamine comes in 5 and 10 , but never xr

i think they are so "gluggy" to make snorting them more of a problem

My MIMS is a few years old now. It only lists dexamphetamine as coming in 5mg tablets. I notice Ritalin comes in 10mg tablets - are you sure you didn't end up with this instead? Here is a list of tablet excipients for both anyway:

Ritalin
Composition Active. Methylphenidate hydrochloride.
Inactive. Lactose, calcium phosphate, gelatin, magnesium stearate, purified talc, wheat starch.

Dexamphetamine
Composition Active. Dexamphetamine sulfate.
Inactive. Lactose, povidone, wheat starch, magnesium stearate.

Both contain wheat starch, which will turn to glug if mixed with water and heated. Are you sure you didn't apply any heat?

Nice, I was wondering what the fillers were.
Yeah my mate mentioned that wheat stuff.
Definately dex and no heat was used it got thicker by the second at room temp

Hmmm...

I'll see if I can find a newer MIMS listing. The 5mg dexies mix up fine, but these must be different.

I spose you could squirt the glug up your bum - not as effective as injecting, but safer.

Or maybe try iced water?