• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids iving advise on dose

Y2KAYO

Greenlighter
've been smoking heroin and shooting dillies for some time now, but for the last year I've been smorting these fentenayl pills.

I was wondering say I need a full pill to get unsick and feel good via snorting would that be the same dose for iving?
Would I slightly heat it like h or just do a cold shot like dillies?
Thanks

Bioavailability from Wikipedia

92% (transdermal)
89% (intranasal)
50% (buccal)
33% (ingestion

Basically you will get 11%more of the dose from IV, which isn't that much for all the extra risk. I'm assuming the fentanyl pills are sublingual so they will dissolve extremely well, but you must use a micron filter (stetilfilt availability seem to be popping up at needle exchanges) as to filter out the smaller inactive folder. I assume due to it being a sublingual pill the filler will dissolve well, which why you need a good filter.

Be very careful fentanyl is extremely potent and when injected it causes an extreme decrease in respiration(breathing) that is not dependant on dose, but just route of administration. Have someone with you when you do your first injections if you decide to go this route, which you will regret.

've been smoking heroin and shooting dillies for some time now, but for the last year I've been smorting these fentenayl pills.

I was wondering say I need a full pill to get unsick and feel good via snorting would that be the same dose for iving?
Thanks

How much fentanyl does your pill contain?

The post by taco dude contain the information you need to know, so I will not repeat what he said, beside one thing. I would urge you to be careful. Shooting pills and the dangers related to this is one thing against taking the fentanyl pill IV. The low increase in bioavailability you achieve compared with the risk of injecting pills speak even more about using an IV method of administration. Even hardcore Heroin addicts die from Fentanyl, way too many unfortunately.

So it is very dangerous to IV the pill, and the benefits you get from IVing doesn't make up for the cons and dangers connected to IVing Fentanyl and pills. Plus, in my opinion even pharmaceutical grade IV fentanyl isn't that euphoric which is another reason for not taking the risk. The euphoria will come no where near the euphoria you experience from smoking heroin and shooting dillies.

Btw. an ending note, do you use micron filters before shooting Dilaudid pills? Otherwise, I would recommend that you start using them. On this picture you can see the difference between not using filters and using them.
particles02.png

Last edited:

Thanks
Taking those (I assume fake oxy pills with fentanyl instead of oxycodone) is just extremely dangerous, even if not IVed.
What if someone fucked up and one pill contains 10mf fentanyl instead of 1mg? This could kill you, even if not Ived.
And if you insist on IVing use a micron filter and start with like 1/10 of a pill, but you have to prepare the whole pill at once, because the fentanyl won't be distributed homogeneous, so prepare the whole pill with a micron filter and bacteriostatic water and then use 1/10 of the solution at first and wait till you increase the dosage.
And have someone around in case you OD

Ok, so someone on one of these threads told me about a huge vein on tyne inside of the knee. Mine are not visible, so does anyone have any tips on how to find it? Or another good vein? I just dont want to use my arms because of the social stigma that goes with it. Thanks

Do not go straight for you leg vein(not trying to name it even though I know it). It's very easy to screw up. If you're not going to use your arm don't do it

Well, not safe to shoot pills even though half the ppl on this site probly do. If you have never used a needle b4 I would advise you not too.. Do u kno how much fent is in these pills? If they were bought off the street and just contain fent and u dnt kno how much they contain highly advise you not to! If they are from a a pharmacy and u kno the dose in the pills it would be helpful if you posted that if your hell bent on shooting it

Ok my background. I'm a pain management patient who deals with pain severe enough to make me consider scuicide. I don't get high: I don't even drink. The only reason I've even strated shooting the pills is because the government thinks they know more about my pain than I or my doctors do. I get my pills legally from the pharmacy. 10mg oxymorphone. I don't WANT to shoot anything, but they have cut me back on meds when they already weren't doing enough. So, I'm doing what I have to do. Please don't judge without knowing the facts. I don't want to do the arms because I don't have those veins that stick up and are easy to see and/or hit, so my arms would look terrible and my career and family life will just not deal with that. I'm just desperate to live a somewhat bearable life.

Oxymorphone? I'm guessing you've tried snorting them?

I've heard that intranasal is a good ROA for Opana. But I've never taken it before so I can't say for sure, just what I've read on BL...

I've done it, but it's more dangerous in the leg because of the blood flow, usually ppl go there when arms are done for. Plus, you rlly dnt wanna miss in yr leg

^ yeah it's painful if you miss on your leg...I used to hit a large vein on my ankle and, if you did it wrong, it was quite painful.

The artery wraps around the vein you're talking about... if you thought missing was a problem you've never shot into an artery

^ Bad news that one.

Honestly, and I understand from a chronic pain perspective and an ex IV addict (Meth, MDMA, lots of meth), They've cut you back on meds that were insufficient to begin with (Oh boy do I understand that, I supplemented my regime by purchasing 240mgs per day of illicit oxycodone, someone's script actually) and you're considering shooting your pills. Say you manage to hit every time perfectly....this is gonna be useful for maybe 8 weeks tops I reckon. Your tolerance is going to rise, very shortly you'll be getting 2 shots per month out of your script and unless you suicide the rest will have to be substituted with illicit drugs which will end up being Heroin if you're in the US due to it's prevalence and price as pills are eventually too expensive, certainly the amounts you're going to require. I understand wanting to live a "somewhat bearable life" but it will be bearable for a few weeks maybe a couple of months until it's completely unbearable and I doubt you'll give a fuck about your arms then.

Are you on any anti-depressants? Benzo's? anti-psychotics?

I've done it, but it's more dangerous in the leg because of the blood flow, usually ppl go there when arms are done for. Plus, you rlly dnt wanna miss in yr leg

This. And-If you think hitting the veins in your legs or feet is going to be easier, I've got bad news for you, because it won't be. Even if your veins are slightly more receded or roll in your arms, I guarantee that you'll have a far easier time with them rather than going for your legs or feet. For me personally, the veins in my legs were pretty deep- I believe the one you're talking about is around the inside of the knee correct? Snaking up your thigh? After I had blasted through my arms and hands I hit that one for a while, but by that time I had been shooting dope for years and had my technique down. It's not a very easy vein to access. Also though veins around your ankles and feet look accessible, they tend to roll a lot more, the blood flow is much weaker making it easier to blow veins, and the veins and arteries are closer to each other, making it easier to accidentally shoot a bunch of pill matter into an artery, which is something that could cause major problems.

If you're adamant about shooting up, and not shooting into your arms, than I suggest your hands-IMO they are the second safest place to IV (the first being the forearms obviously), but I would recommend you getting small tips, because like the feet there are several veins that rest right on top of arteries-for some reason I have always felt missing into an artery in my hand/forearm to be way more painful than missing into a larger artery like the femoral, probably because these arteries are smaller. I would also recommend that if you do this you look up diagrams showing veins and arteries in the hands so you have a loose idea of where they overlap. For the hands, gauge and tip length is also important. A 29g would be ideal, but a 28 or 30g would work too. The problem with the super high gauges like 30-31's is that they tend to clog. You'd want either a 1/2" tip or a 5/16" for smaller veins.

Hope this helps.

^Ew ...the clog, unless it's your blood causing the clog, the clog is obviously a particle that you would be best not to enter your body.

If you are going to embark on shooting up, especially in 'advanced user' area's like legs and feet then practice with just water first so that when you do your shot of oxymorphone you are less likely to waste any precious pain relief, but I doubt you're going to enjoy this shit life for long (mixing pills, filtering and shooting, missing, crying).

^ Bad news that one.

Honestly, and I understand from a chronic pain perspective and an ex IV addict (Meth, MDMA, lots of meth), They've cut you back on meds that were insufficient to begin with (Oh boy do I understand that, I supplemented my regime by purchasing 240mgs per day of illicit oxycodone, someone's script actually) and you're considering shooting your pills. Say you manage to hit every time perfectly....this is gonna be useful for maybe 8 weeks tops I reckon. Your tolerance is going to rise, very shortly you'll be getting 2 shots per month out of your script and unless you suicide the rest will have to be substituted with illicit drugs which will end up being Heroin if you're in the US due to it's prevalence and price as pills are eventually too expensive, certainly the amounts you're going to require. I understand wanting to live a "somewhat bearable life" but it will be bearable for a few weeks maybe a couple of months until it's completely unbearable and I doubt you'll give a fuck about your arms then.

Are you on any anti-depressants? Benzo's? anti-psychotics?

Thanks for the advice. I am on antidepressants, no benzo's or anti psychotics. I'm actually thinking of trying making up some pills of u477 00 and trying to supplement worn that. I know that's not exactly safe, but when you're grasping, you'll try pretty much anything.

^Absolutely, I completely understand RPR. It's possibly going to be methadone that helps my pain, it's easier for me to get as I can do it at my sub clinic and my Dr is ready to switch me.......I'm thinking I may as well try and if it isn't a good solution I'll switch back hopefully to oxy and morphine again but more likely back to subs and if I can get my GP to play which he said he would if I decided I need the heavy stuff but I dare say my tolerance is the same as when I was on up to 500mg doses of oxycodone - or my tolly has been made worse due to big doses of sub. Don't know yet.