• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine IV Guide

SmokeTrails

Bluelighter
alright... ive seen alot of people recently posting about shooting coke... i dont believe we have a guide up for it yet so i figured it throw this one out there... if some of the imformation is not 100% correct im sorry... this is just what i found effective feel free to edit or completely delete this if its that inacurate.

what you need: cotton ball (filter)
starile spoon (if you have it... you can use anything... gatoraid tops.... things like that... but risk of infection gos up useing non sterile equipment) syringe ( you can use 31gadge 5/16ths if you have really nice serface vains... but 28G 1/2inch 1CC works really well...)
Water (id recommend bottled water... but tap does work fine...)

syringes are sold in most states... sometimes they will refuse to sell them to you. what i have found effective is going in and asking for EXACTLY what you need "id like a pack of 28G 1/2inch 1CC syringes please" or writing down what your supposed to get and say your runing out for your mother/father/ whoever

prep work
lay out all your gear.
put the dose u want in the spoon/cap
uncap your rig and draw up water... you dont need a ton... you just want to completely disolve the powder... you dont want a white milky substence... u want a clear liquid...
spray the water into the powder...
mix it around with the plunger of your rig
RECAP THE RIG
take your cotton ball and make a SMALL TIGHT ball... shouldent be half the size of your pinky finger
uncap your rig and draw up the salution through the cotton... the cotton acts as a filter geting rid of any remaining solids
make sure ALL THE AIR IS OUT OF THE RIG. flick it a few times and press the plunger down untill only liquid remains in the rig
RECAP YOUR RIG

TIEING
tie yourself off... now some people do this differently... generally a leather belt works very well. wrap it around the middle of your upper arm so the buckle is at on the outside... tighten it and then flip the rest of the belt over... grip it with your teath and pull harder... you should see vains starting to rise up... some people clench and unclench their fist... some just wait... its all up to you really (its been found that if your left handed... you should probably shoot into your left arm... the vains tend to be easyer to hit)

SHOOTING
take your rig with the hand thats not tied off.. UNCAP the rig... you want to shoot TOWARDS yourself... vain your vain and go in at about a 20 degree angle... it works better if you go in quick... its gana poke you no matter what... just get it over with
when you get it in your vain u will see a small amount of blood enter the rig... pull back on the plunger if you dont see any... if a cloud of crimson enters the rig... your in... if not... dig around a litle or pull out and try again...
once your in begin pressing the plunger down... generally 10units a second is good... if your doing very big shots you might want to go half way and wait... judge how high you are... and go from there... shooting powder is VERY sensitve... its very easy to take to much IMO
when u get it all in release your tie... then remove the needle... if you remove the needle first you will bleed alot more...
RECAP YOUR NEEDLE if you plan on using it again.. if not dispose of it.. they are only 25 cents anyway
WHAT TO DO IF YOU MISS
everyone misses... between trembleing hands or inexperence... it happens to the best of us

if you catch it early and see the skin slowly rising just simply try again... pull out and repeat the Shooting phaze...
if you manage to get it all in and then notice your arm is numb... you missed... generally id recommend pressing on it and moving it around... u can get high off a miss if you apply preasure... not nerely as high... but your still somewhat high.

REMEMBER if you miss your shot its SLOWLY filtering into your body... its still there... even tho you dont feel it... the more you miss.. the more u have slowly filtering in... which makes it ALOT easyer to OD. generally if you miss 2 or 3 times... id just stop for safty reasons.

i think ive covered everything... if i havent feel free to ask questions

That tut covers the basics. For more detailed info, especially on harm reductions aspects, www.tweaker.org has some excellent links and guides. Although that site is dedicated to meth use, much of the info should still apply to slamming coke. Among other things, I find their pre/peri/post-binge eating and hydrating info is helpful.

Not sure if this is a good thing to say, but I recomend don't using a tie-off unless you really need it to register. I have fat veins, register, and BANG. With the tie-off it takes more time, not much but you know.

i find vains move around alot if you dont tie off... you could roll the vain... think your in.. and miss your shot... seriously i personally believe its worth the extra 30 seconds to just take your belt off and tie

Reactions: pkt
Be careful -- if you tie off, make sure that you also remove the tie before you begin pressing the plunger. Some people don't do this, and I've never seen a catastrophe as a result, but you do notably increase the pressure in the vein if you begin shooting before you remove the tie, and you could burst your vein.

Don't tie if you don't have to. Beginners should tie off. Then once you have it down, try now and then without a tie. If it works well, continue without one. If not, use it. Everyone is different.

^^^

tru it does increse the preasure in the vain and in (MAY) result in the vain poping... but ive noticed that alot of the time if you release the tie the movement can pop the needle out... and then your no longer even in the vain... still thinking you are.... and there you go you missed... also if you register... remove the tie cuz your in... then reregiser and find your out... you gota start the whole god damn process over again... it can be very frusterating...you CAN always release the tie halfway through by just opening your mouth ((if your using a belt)) ive been doing that lately.. but you really need to know what your doing IMHO

With a tie:

Poke, register, remove tie, register again, inject

It's true that removing the tie can result in moving the needle, but as you get better at it, it won't, especially if you kind of move the vein up by adjusting the needle to be parallel to your limb before removing the tie.

*shrug* whatever works man. i just wrote this guide cuz im so sick of the "how do i slam coke" threads or the "o shit i missed help" threads

I like to control how fast the drug hits by controlling how fast I push the plunger, and with the veins any junkie would want for christmas I therefore never tie off. Do what works for you, and don't hurry or use old gears.

Tying off is a waste of time. Is it REALLY that hard to hit the vein people? Even if it is, aren't you practiced enough in injecting yourselves that you get over it? Tying off is something for people who have never injected themselves before, but come on people. Injecting is really easy. Register blood? Push. That's it. If you feel like you moved around or your nervous, register again, that's it.

Besides what if you can't tie off, it just gets in the way. Best if I let you guys to your imagination there.

Inject very slowly. If a bump slowly forms or it feels weird, obviously your missing, so just reposition, register, and finish off. That way, no loss in case you do miss.

Prepearing cocaine for IV use here is done exactly the same as I would do for heroin and meth. All three substances a soluble in water. So just cold water applied to the powder, slowly stirred till dissolved, apply filter, suck up with fit and insert into vein.:) Cocaine of quality should suck up easy and dissolve with no problems.

^^^What blood pressure thing? I take it you are having trouble finding a protruding vein?

Another problem with not releasing your tie off until you finish your whole shot is the fact that you will have no idea if your shot is too big.

tap water is NOT fine! you can die from using tap water. use sterile or boiled water.

what you need: cotton ball (filter)
starile spoon (if you have it... you can use anything... gatoraid tops.... things like that... but risk of infection gos up useing non sterile equipment) syringe ( you can use 31gadge 5/16ths if you have really nice serface vains... but 28G 1/2inch 1CC works really well...)
Water (id recommend bottled water... but tap does work fine...)

Never use a cotton ball as a filter. You could get cotton fever. What you want to use is either the cotton on the end on the Q-Tips, or the sterile cotton they have at the pharmacy.

^
the cotton ball is created from a q-tip or cotton pad etc. ofcourse.
you can only get cotton fever from re-using old cottons you've saved for a last hit of heroin, because bacteria grow in the moist cotton balls. if you don't IV try not to add bs info.

No, he blatantly said cotton ball. And you don't only get coton fever from re-using old cottons, it's cause by your bodies reaction to a cotton fiber....

Once again, BUY STERILE COTTON. I detailed one of the safest methods to IV with cotton, though it requires at least a 3.5cc rig for filtration purposes only (if you cant buy them OTC, they can be found everywhere online). If for some reason you still choose to use that old, inefficient, yet most common method of sticking a needle tip into a soaked cotton and drawing back your solution (a dangerous method as it often draws up cotton fibres). The mscontin method i briefly detailed is applicable to most any drug when preparing to IV and one that i use when preparing my fat shots of heroin, and is a FAR more efficient (instead of drawing it up with needle stuck into the cotton, and "safer" way to IV with cotton (STERILE please).

And keep in mind the very commonly so-called "cotton fever" has NOTHING to do with any bacteria or organism in your cotton, it is your immune system attacking a particulate, cotton fibers in the solution which your body PERCIEVES as a microorganism and responds in kind with a usually intense but short-lived reaction (fever, fine tremor, terrifying migrane, temporarily blindness/light sensitivity etc).

I really dont understand the issue is here regarding clean cotton. STERILE cotton is readily available at every pharmacy, cheap. Why bother boiling, "flaming" or cooking it with ultrasound waves when you can just buy sealed, STERILE cotton at a very low cost (no it doesnt come in cotton balls, it comes in a roll, but what does that matter?). Its under 3 dollars for a new box of a LONG roll of sterile cotton, enough for thousands upon thousands of injections. Yes, once its opened it obviously looses some of the sterility, but i used to store it in a plastic weak vaccuum container, which doesnt accomplish much, not sure why i did that. Personally, I buy a new roll of sterile cotton for EACH injection, so i can be virtually guaranteed of having sterile cotton. Then again because of my obscene tolerance from overusing opiods, i have to use 1000mg of good heroin for just a single injection to get wasted, so each shot is costing me $160 of just heroin, so buying a new roll of STERILE cotton for each shot for $3 is not really that impractical. There is a device called a "sterilefit" which is worth looking into, which is a syringe meant for filtering, with a micron filter (its not the best quality or smallest micron filter, but its a hell of alot better with cotton. But given the expense of my heroin due to excessive tolerance, i use STERILE cotton with heroin, attached onto it.

And my FAVORITE syringe needle is definately a 28g, as it is NOT too big for IV use when used correctly. It is far stiffer and reliable than flimsy 30, 31 gauge syringes (prone to bending, clogging even with blood, breaking etc.), and is more of a sure shot. I even used to use a 25g syringe, which i do admit is definately "one toke over the line" in terms of being simply TOO large for injections, especially with chronic use (it was the smallest detachable leuer lock i could obtain at that time). And yes, a 28g needle wont get dull as fast, but i dont nor condone re-using ANY syringe, period (though i understand that some of you unfortunately simply cannot either afford or obtain new syringes for each injecton, i have been in the situation before, as syringes requires prescriptions in my state). But if you can, use a new syringe each time injecting and even when filtering, sterile cotton rolls, and clean with alcohol then boil to hell (i dont expect an autoclave, but these small inexpensive electic water-boilers are VERY usefull) your spoon and stirring device, and maintain a very clean and alcohol soaked prep area (after letting the alcohol evaporate)....

Becarefull......

by negrogesic...

i have read that piece a long time ago, and he has a point. although i have injected myself numerous times with a solution filtered with normal cotton and never got ill until...

so: new cotton is fine, re-using old, moist, bacteria infested cotton is not.

i normally use Q-tip cotten... or cotten from a cotten ball... i have used sterile cotten but look what he said.. he buys a new roll for EVERY shot... now if your slaming powder... your probably gna do upwards of 20 shots... 20 new rolls of cotton... 20X3 60... alot of money in cotten dont you think? does that sound reasonable? when you could just go buy another 1.5 grams? shooting coke an H is somewhat simaler in prep work.. but deration is far different... where as you may slam 1 shot of H for a night... powder your up to 20+... ive seen alot more then 20 at times.

also i have never gotten ill from normal cotten.. im not saying it doesnt happen... but ive been doing this awhile... and im still fine

on tap water... i know its not as good as Bottled or boiled ((infact i can only come up with a few times ive actualy used tap water....)) but it is an alternitive if your in a bind. once again... doing this for awhile.. and ive never become ill

on needles... like he said... 28G is the way to go.. nice and strong