• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

I've done something stupid

Batgirl999

Greenlighter
Hey all,

So I am on seroquel (75mg), Valium (3 x 5mg per day), Paroxetine and beta blockers. For some bizarre reason I decided to quit seroquel cold turkey. I did check with the pharmacist and he told me I'd have no problems going cold turkey (I've been on it since 2010).

So everything went south very quickly yesterday (day three). I was up all night, pacing, having panic attacks non stop, so I guzzled the rest of my Valium. It didn't even touch the sides.

So here's my question: I have some mogadon (nitrazepam) that I've never used. I can't get anymore Valium until Tuesday. Does anyone know if it's safe to use this until I get my Valium refilled?

Its a benzo just like Valium so should be fine to use once you are comfortable most of the Valium you gobbled is out of your system. Adding more benzo on top of what you took could be dangerous.

Yeah, if you take valium everyday normally and don't have any, you should definitely take another benzo until you get a refill. Going cold turkey off beznos can result in seizures and in extreme cases, death.

Now, you're doses aren't that high, but even at that dose, especially if you've been on benzos for a substantial time period, quitting cold turkey can be extremely uncomfortable, and still possibly hazardous to your health.

And in my opinion you should have been advised to taper the seroquel. As far as I know, there isn't any serious health risk with quitting that cold turkey, but that doesn't mean it can't be quite uncomfortable, as it seems you have found out.

Thank you!!! Yes, have been on benzodiazepines since I was a baby (long story) and I'm completely wigging out right now. How long should I wait for the Valium to clear?

If you have been taking it awhile could be an eternity. I think you have tolerance and know what the benzo make you feel so just go by that. When the Valium is waning or symptoms creeping up, take the other.